Maps/Events Why We NEED a new Base Map

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodes

VIP
Aug 14, 2018
This suggestion is my explanation for why we NEED a new base map/s. I find that being on only two maps constantly is quite boring, especially if there is no where to RP (except medbay) I believe that we should expand our amount of bases to keep things fresh. For example in the Clone Wars TV show the clones didn't just have a base on a venator and Rishi that had many different bases throughout the galaxy. I also think that taking out the Kamino Map was a terrible decision as some of the things on that map was very interesting, for example the citadel (ik we have one on Venator) was soo good to evaluate troops from above in the glass ball thing. Along side this there was the different rooms and the ONI (should be changed) acclimator up above!

What Maps Should We ADD?
Yuka: This map could also be an event as it is a crashed venator made into a base! It Has everything except a JT I highly recommend this map people can also use their snow armour! https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=810043326&searchtext=Republic+Bases (needs edits no jedi temple)

Rhen Var Summer: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1675896777&searchtext=Star+Wars+Bases (JT included)

This base is sorta like Jakku which (i thought) was a good map:https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1635709110&searchtext=Star+Wars+Bases+SWRP

Along side this i am happy to make any maps that people suggest!

swans-jailer
Last edited:

One of your points is that there is nowhere to RP except for the medbay, isnt that the same for these maps you're recommending?

Like Blitzy said they don't really add anything. Although I do agree with the Kamino, but I don't know the reasoning for removing it. (The training room was hella nice).

swans-jailer
Aug 4, 2018
I definitely think that Kamino should come back but I think that the lack of a JT in Yuka and the other maps seem to have the same RP issues as the others. But I do think that this definitely shows potential!

swans-jailer

Xan

Server Staff
Premium
VIP
Jul 1, 2018
England
Kamino Extensive shouldn't be brought back. It was extremely laggy and caused more issues than any of the other maps (Hence why it rarely got used and was removed).
There are things to do on both the Venator and Rishi base, its down to the players to actually RP with what they have. If you have too many main maps (Non-event maps) things will get confusing for the players which would then lead to a massive decrease in usage of one of the maps (Which would probably be removed as its no longer used).
New event maps are always great, but adding new maps as mains probably won't work well

swans-jailer
Reactions: Blitz and Mazy

Tenno

Premium
VIP
DPRK
Jan 3, 2019
  • Both venator and treeshi are well made and very enjoyable. (in my opinion)
  • If you want to RP, create passiveRP events
  • More base maps isn't nessecary.
  • As previously mentioned, Kamino map shouldn't be brought back due to causing server issues (lag, etc) hence why it got removed.

Anyhow, thanks for the suggestion.

swans-jailer
  • Haha
Reactions: Crowley and Vapour
Status
Not open for further replies.