What do you guys want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewbie

Staff member
Owner
Nov 30, 2015
this thread is no longer about helping the server it seems its more old players shitting on it and having a laugh at the current players who must be having fun because they keep playing?
Ye and thats nothing new. Its always been like that, even though when we have popular there isn't really the numbers people can shit on. But let me put it like this "I have paid mostly from own pockets the last few months to cover the server. I would not do that unless you guys were playing. ye I saw low numbers, but as long as they had fun with what they were doing it was a reason to cover it".

And most dudes are right gmod is decreasing in players and its getting harder and harder to get players. I don't think gmod will die, but it will remain very "small" unless they update it or makes it f2p.

I think a rework could spark some better numbers, but those returning I think would quit after a few weeks because its mostly the same. I don't think its poor staff or content. Many are just simply burned out or tired of gmod.

The connection time is true though we could of course reduce the amount of content, but then less toys to play with for those actually playing.

swans-jailer

Scorpio

VIP
Oct 14, 2018
Bristol
drewscommunity.com
Ye and thats nothing new. Its always been like that, even though when we have popular there isn't really the numbers people can shit on. But let me put it like this "I have paid mostly from own pockets the last few months to cover the server. I would not do that unless you guys were playing. ye I saw low numbers, but as long as they had fun with what they were doing it was a reason to cover it".

And most dudes are right gmod is decreasing in players and its getting harder and harder to get players. I don't think gmod will die, but it will remain very "small" unless they update it or makes it f2p.

I think a rework could spark some better numbers, but those returning I think would quit after a few weeks because its mostly the same. I don't think its poor staff or content. Many are just simply burned out or tired of gmod.

The connection time is true though we could of course reduce the amount of content, but then less toys to play with for those actually playing.
I think Gmod should be F2P, if this ever some how happens there should be a boost.

swans-jailer
Feb 1, 2021
With 700+ addons surely there is plenty for them to play with, and trying to load in for 5 hours to either crash or by the time you join no ones on would be very annoying to a new player and/or returning.
And personally being in lockdown being bored as fuck wanted to play something over than the same games over so I thought id try load on and coulndt be arsed with the hours long wait

swans-jailer

Drewbie

Staff member
Owner
Nov 30, 2015
With 700+ addons surely there is plenty for them to play with, and trying to load in for 5 hours to either crash or by the time you join no ones on would be very annoying to a new player and/or returning.
And personally being in lockdown being bored as fuck wanted to play something over than the same games over so I thought id try load on and coulndt be arsed with the hours long wait
Fair point

swans-jailer
Dec 14, 2019
Telford
NGL same here and no one new will wanna join there for we lose old players and no new players can be arsed joinin

swans-jailer
Status
Not open for further replies.