What do you guys want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bauldrick

SWRP Events Manager
Senior Staff
Oct 31, 2019
Right its no surprise that the server is currently dead so what this post is about is we want all of you the community to tell us what you want, I think there has been a clear lacking in this recently so on this post I would like everyone to state what they want to see happen to the server it can be anything e.g Bring back BF2, remove a regiment, add a regiment, bring back daily planetaries. Anything you want to see say it here please.

We want you to enjoy your time here and currently it is clear that people are not. So, I urge you to speak your mind here and tell us what you want. Once we have accumulated enough responses, we will review all posts and add what the people want.

swans-jailer
Dec 31, 2020
First of all adding tons of regiments creates opportunity for people to join and try to become Commander. You can also advertise that you are in need of Commanders by naming the server for instance "DREWS I PHASE 2 | NEED CO'S" also by having multiple regiments that don't focus on the same thing people will be drawn more to this.

This will bring in people that are interested to lead thus increasing the number of people, however, I will not lie it is a gamble and may not pay off in the end.

91st

PROS

- Active med bay
- Full Medical battalion
- Cool models
- More medics in server

CONS

- People only having to download more in modpack

41st

PROS

- In events they're vital to bringing information before actions are made (accessing battlefield using scouts)
- Sniper/scout battalion
- Cool idea

CONS

- People only having to download more in modpack

swans-jailer
Last edited:
Reactions: Bruce
Dec 28, 2020
Aight, hear me out

How about mandalorians?
Everyone likes them, not many servers have them (i think)

They could get jetpacks and etc. And they'd be a different faction and on maps such as Anaxes they'd be situated in the outsides of the base.

Yes, this requires a lot of effort, but I think the only way to save the server is to be really different, than others.

swans-jailer
Sep 1, 2018
IMO adding new things will only appeal to the already active players, maybe like 5 inactives who want to see the new stuff then will inevitably leave again because thats just how lifespan of servers in gmod is. The real best thing you can do now is lower your expectations. Gmod is like 17 years old. The only way to have a large playerbase now is to be one of the main servers with an already established LARGE playerbase. Random luck might bring a few in but in that same breath people will also leave. Gmod servers for an already done category don't grow anymore.

swans-jailer

Sleep

Staff member
CCRP Events Manager
Server Staff
Senior Staff
Dec 3, 2019
Vienna
IMO adding new things will only appeal to the already active players, maybe like 5 inactives who want to see the new stuff then will inevitably leave again because thats just how lifespan of servers in gmod is. The real best thing you can do now is lower your expectations. Gmod is like 17 years old. The only way to have a large playerbase now is to be one of the main servers with an already established LARGE playerbase. Random luck might bring a few in but in that same breath people will also leave. Gmod servers for an already done category don't grow anymore.
:c

swans-jailer

Kal

Sep 30, 2018
Facts have been spat. IMO custom content is appealing, advertising may have to be done or maybe merging but that's all down to whether or not drew is interested in it. Also in the GMOD discord server you can post the server in there

swans-jailer

BootStrap Bill

Absolute Non Batty Boy
Premium
VIP
Sep 23, 2018
Northampton UK
www.youtube.com
Right the situation is around 40% gmod is a older game than half the people that play it. 60% People are bored of this server and its repetative events. The events arent just actual ones you play but more the ones that happen around the community. With the friendship circles within the game that promote people to SG for sucking up, or the extremely hypocrytical server manager. People just arent happy with the states. From a Ex player of all high ranks both staff and player. The server situations dont change at all. Its stayed the same from when the original server dropped in players around 2019 times.

In order to make the server actually something special i would suggest a complete wipe of all IG ranks and maybe staff ranks, therefore stating the server as new and ready for a different community. Main reason for this reccomendation is due barely anyone that seems competent is within a high ranking. Or the ones that are, are inactive cough @Lewii @Pickens

Im not blaming the servers fault entirely on the suck ups and staff members (although its funny to see sleep push out updates for legit 15-20 people) however it is finally good to see someone within a high ranking pos acc care and want to put effort into the server so well done bauldrick its good to know sleep no longer has his lingering curse on you and you can post stuff without his perm.

Constant HUD, GUI and Loadout changes wont fix it. Fix the people instead.

1610978669494.png

HIghly doubt people will come back tho (myself included) gmods a shit game

swans-jailer
Reactions: Tree

Yegrinth

Server Staff
VIP
Oct 27, 2018
scotland
Right the situation is around 40% gmod is a older game than half the people that play it. 60% People are bored of this server and its repetative events. The events arent just actual ones you play but more the ones that happen around the community. With the friendship circles within the game that promote people to SG for sucking up, or the extremely hypocrytical server manager. People just arent happy with the states. From a Ex player of all high ranks both staff and player. The server situations dont change at all. Its stayed the same from when the original server dropped in players around 2019 times.

In order to make the server actually something special i would suggest a complete wipe of all IG ranks and maybe staff ranks, therefore stating the server as new and ready for a different community. Main reason for this reccomendation is due barely anyone that seems competent is within a high ranking. Or the ones that are, are inactive cough @Lewii @Pickens

Im not blaming the servers fault entirely on the suck ups and staff members (although its funny to see sleep push out updates for legit 15-20 people) however it is finally good to see someone within a high ranking pos acc care and want to put effort into the server so well done bauldrick its good to know sleep no longer has his lingering curse on you and you can post stuff without his perm.

Constant HUD, GUI and Loadout changes wont fix it. Fix the people instead.

View attachment 3649

HIghly doubt people will come back tho (myself included) gmods a shit game
And this is coming from one of the old members of mentioned friend groups and sucking up ( myself included - how else did i get ass. gen-) So you know its coming from experience and genuine opinion. for once I agree with bill in a forum post.

Oh and i'll have a medium big mac meal with coke please

swans-jailer
Status
Not open for further replies.