REJECTED Toms fleet application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 18, 2019
Basic Info
  • Name: Tom
  • Regiment: 212th
  • Current Rank: PFC (Used to be 2LT)
  • Playtime: 117 Hours (Tomm90 drewscommunity is also me)
OOC Information
  • Do you have a microphone: yes
  • Quick summary about you: The best pilot in 212th (harolds words), Good leadership skills, i like interacting with people honestly think that its fun to talk to people and ask feedback. Used to minge but that boat has sailed.
  • Are you currently Staff on any DC related server: Nope
IC Information
  • Why should we pick you for Fleet : Im a confident leader and some people respect me, Also i take responsibility when needed. When there is a problem i try to fix said problem.
  • Describe Roles and Responsibilities of Fleet: making sure regiments are stable respecting normal soldiers and giving out orders (If OD).
  • Have you ever been demoted / kicked / banned, if yes why: demoted once for acting above my rank, another time for minging (That time has passed)
  • Do you understand Fleet is a very respectable and disciplined rank: Surely do i respect them now and will respect them after.
  • Any Commanding situations: me being a 1LT and giving my troops command. (Ask harold about my commanding skills or someone else that is in 212th). Also when i was a PFC people were running into danger all willy nilly i asked them to do a firing squad i gave them some good orders and we ended up only losing one man (Wich wouldve been more if i didnt order them to stand down and regroup)
  • What can you offer for the Fleet: Respect for the lower ranks. And respect for the higher ranks, I also have a good sense of humor. Plus both my ginger cats.
  • Anything else: Both my cats are gingers
This might not be much but it is me and my honest opinion. i see why it might show that im not committed but trust me i am i just wanna turn the page and start over again. i respect fleet and i would be honored to join them. i made mistakes and i regret them but there is nothing i can change except me changing wich i did. i hope this clears stuff up :)

Edit: I did do some questionable stuff while a 2LT i got punished for it and i learned from that. I just want to turn the page and start over.

swans-jailer
Last edited:

Hairy_Butter

Staff member
Senior Staff
Server Staff
VIP
Jan 27, 2018
Denmark
If you don't expand, add some color, and fix the layout, this will just be declined, it's way too short.

By adding some color I don't want a rainbow, just make it look like some sort of thoughts went into this. Cause honestly, this took you less then 10 min.

swans-jailer

Kal

Sep 30, 2018
I don't usually respond to stuff on forums but this gets a Fat +1 from me get him in fleet he is a great guy ?, All the luck to you bud

91st 2ndLT
CG 2ndLT
501st 2ndLT
Cool ass Mandalorian

swans-jailer
Jan 3, 2019
I've been recommended to share my experiences with Tom as a 212th member so I will do so but not do it in a negative or positive manor. I just want to say that when I was in the regiment with Tom he was a relatively sound guy, however his attitude towards GMOD recently has been inexcusable. He post's constant LOA's on how he "Doesn't have the will to play GMOD", and the way he acted during some situations were in the simplest way to put it; mingey. However, I was once put in his situation with me being a minge and switching to 501st, and was given that chance and turned myself around. In 212th recently Tom has made some questionable decisions, mainly including me, hence my attempt to be unbiased. I was flying in the air and Tom decided I had a bad landing / taking off and to ground me for half an hour. Which was unfair, but justifiable, and when I refused to ground for that simple reason he proceeded to threaten to ground me for two hours, and then after this, he ordered troopers to shoot at me (he also shot at me), for not grounding, he then began dogfighting me without warning and then demoted me from SGM to MSG; (which he couldn't do as he was only 2ND LT). He then decided to remove my AB mid flight, (subsequently crashing me into the temple), and then proceeded to not take responsibility for his actions ahead of time until after his demotion. He could not do any of the things he did do above, and I read this out to him in discord before posting it, and he agrees with what I have written.

swans-jailer
Mar 18, 2019
I've been recommended to share my experiences with Tom as a 212th member so I will do so but not do it in a negative or positive manor. I just want to say that when I was in the regiment with Tom he was a relatively sound guy, however his attitude towards GMOD recently has been inexcusable. He post's constant LOA's on how he "Doesn't have the will to play GMOD", and the way he acted during some situations were in the simplest way to put it; mingey. However, I was once put in his situation with me being a minge and switching to 501st, and was given that chance and turned myself around. In 212th recently Tom has made some questionable decisions, mainly including me, hence my attempt to be unbiased. I was flying in the air and Tom decided I had a bad landing / taking off and to ground me for half an hour. Which was unfair, but justifiable, and when I refused to ground for that simple reason he proceeded to threaten to ground me for two hours, and then after this, he ordered troopers to shoot at me (he also shot at me), for not grounding, he then began dogfighting me without warning and then demoted me from SGM to MSG; (which he couldn't do as he was only 2ND LT). He then decided to remove my AB mid flight, (subsequently crashing me into the temple), and then proceeded to not take responsibility for his actions ahead of time until after his demotion. He could not do any of the things he did do above, and I read this out to him in discord before posting it, and he agrees with what I have written.
Im not denying any of this and i take full responsibility of what happened. I would also like to add that you were minging wich you left out. i struggled to figure out what to do because i had no way of punishing you at that moment. But i agree that the actions i took were a bit too much.

swans-jailer
Last edited:

Yegrinth

Staff member
Server Staff
VIP
Oct 27, 2018
scotland
You say you want to turn around yet you posted your staff app which is quite clearly a joke/has no care or thought in it. If you are serious about applying to fleet then you should take all aspects of the server properly.

swans-jailer
Reactions: Green Bean
Jan 15, 2019
ok so normally I don't respond to apps on the forums but I have to for tom, now I know I haven't really seen eye to eye with him and he has made a few mistakes BUT he has taken responsibility for his actions and is becoming a better trooper so I have to give him a big +1

swans-jailer
Mar 18, 2019
You say you want to turn around yet you posted your staff app which is quite clearly a joke/has no care or thought in it. If you are serious about applying to fleet then you should take all aspects of the server properly.
I do agree might not look good but how can things stay fun without cracking a joke here or there.

swans-jailer

Yegrinth

Staff member
Server Staff
VIP
Oct 27, 2018
scotland
I do agree might not look good but how can things stay fun without cracking a joke here or there.
the Staff and applications shouldnt be a joke tho your activity has lowered when you are on i see less issues with you compared to before but i think that the incidents are still quite recent and you should take more time to actually Imporve the way you say you are trying.

swans-jailer
Reactions: Green Bean and Mazy
Mar 18, 2019
the Staff and applications shouldnt be a joke tho your activity has lowered when you are on i see less issues with you compared to before but i think that the incidents are still quite recent and you should take more time to actually Imporve the way you say you are trying.
I don't wanna argue so I'll let other people decide.

swans-jailer
Reactions: Yegrinth

Dom The Dangerous

Supreme Meme
Server Staff
SWRP Event Staff
Premium
Feb 9, 2017
United Kingdom
So Tom asked if he should apply for fleet and I said he would be a good fit, I'm just gonna leave a few reasons why I do actually like the idea of Tom as a fleet member however it may not all be positives;
To start off I really think that since the whole situation with 212th that Tom has seen that his actions have consequences on the server and he has really taken that in mind when it's come to his performance lately, this shows that he's actually willing to learn from mistakes and it's always something I look for in a good leader/person. Another thing is I find that tom does have some very good opinions when it comes to regiments and players these opinions are normally grounded in fact and not just pure biased. And he does get quite alot of respect from a range of troopers and the fact that he always speaks with confidence would be a strong point for a fleet member. Not to mention his activity is through the roof.
I know there has been alot of controversy in the past with Tom however I think it's worth the risk and that he can actually add to the fleet and help make america great again,
Thanks for coming to my ted talk
+1

swans-jailer

Green Bean

Staff member
Server Staff
VIP
Aug 13, 2018
USA
Okay I normally do Staff Apps, but this one caught my eye as it is Fleet so there's a chance that I might work with you and I want to make sure that the people in Fleet are people I want to work with and will be able to work with.

1.)
however his attitude towards GMOD recently has been inexcusable. He post's constant LOA's on how he "Doesn't have the will to play GMOD"
The first main concern that has been brought up in this application in my opinion is the fact that you are constantly LOA and don't seem to want to play GMOD anymore.

This LOA is very confusing to me. It says you resolved it after this, but the fact that this was posted in the first place tells me that you are incredibly rash, don't really think things through before doing them, and that you don't really enjoy being here.

This is an extension of your LOA from April 15th about partying and school? You gave no reason for the extension of your LOA just that you were.

Then here's another one after that one. You extended your previous LOA to the 23 and then started a new one four days after the previous one ended for not liking the server. This LOA was meant to end the same time as my medical LOA.
Then today before your other LOA was even over, you add a new one of two weeks bringing you to the 22nd of May.
You don't seem to be active or even want to be on the server so I have no clue why you made a Fleet Application.

2.) The whole thing that Hunterr typed out about you grounding him, demoting him, removing his AB whitelist, shooting him, ordering other troopers to shoot him, etc. goes to prove that your temper is too short and uncontrollable. I have said this to many other people before, but I think your temper is too hot and short to be effective in a commanding position. It seems that the second that someone defies you no matter how small, you seem to believe that there is necessary grounds for immediate punishment, which I will tell you is not the case here.

3.) My own personal experience with you is very limited, but I remember recently, maybe 2 weeks ago, I was on the server, and you were on the server. You were explicitly told not to take off yet you chose to do so anyways. You disregarded the orders of a Fleet Officer who was OD, you disregarded the orders of a General, and you disregarded the comments that Staff were making in OOC chat to you about it. To be an effective Fleet member, one must understand that they have to respect the decisions Naval/Fleet/Generals make regardless of whether you think it's wrong or not.

4.)
You appear to have little to no respect for any of the Generals. On your transfer request to CG from April 30th, when asked whether or not you accept the terms or any that the Generals add, you said "Depends." I don't think you understand that you are going to be denied because you are telling us "I accept the terms if I like them, but if they don't do exactly what I want, then I won't accept them" which isn't the kind of thing you want your Generals to think of you...

• What can you offer for the Fleet: Respect for the lower ranks. And respect for the higher ranks
4b.) I would be willing to make the argument and stand by it thoroughly that everyone in Fleet currently has respect for the higher ranks, because whenever I request something from either Blitz or Bill (the two Fleet who work with my regiments), they get back to me immediately, with good work, and are polite even if it's not something they really wanted to do. I have a feeling that you would not be like this at all. From my limited experience, you would probably talk back, be rude, curse me out, and then go off and not show yourself around me. I think that respect for higher ranks is massively important, but you have never demonstrated this in front of me before. I have only ever seen you disobey direct orders so I can't really say that I'd agree with this statement in the slightest.

All in all, this is a massive -1 from me. You are contemptuous and intolerant, as well as intentionally-negligent of authority. In addition to the fact that you have no will to play on this server and people like that who don't really want to play should not be in Fleet. I would not want to work with you and I can't imagine either of the other Generals would, but I only speak for myself.

Hairy, if my word means anything to you, please read this carefully and think about the arguments I presented.

swans-jailer

Attachments

Reactions: Mazy

Green Bean

Staff member
Server Staff
VIP
Aug 13, 2018
USA
Just saw the Staff Application you wrote...
Please don't waste everyone's time by writing a "joke" of an application. This tells me that you aren't serious about this server at all. I think you're unfit for both Fleet and Staff. The fact that so many people instantly put a -1 on your Staff App tells me that people don't trust you and this just goes to prove my point: you are unfit for Fleet.

"it's a joke"

swans-jailer
Reactions: Mazy
Status
Not open for further replies.