The reasons why I left Drews Community

Sep 10, 2018
Gibraltar
To start off Im never coming back to this community, This post will probably be deleted since Drew and Death will just shun this to keep this from spewing anything else, feel free to discuss would like to see what points you try to come back with about this cause its just disappointing.

Ive got quite the few reasons as to why I left this community when i have been in it since August 20th,
1. Drews Community popularity is dying as of CURRENTLY, Im sorry but its primetime summer and the server is dead, check gametracker its appalling
2. Death and Drew don't do what is needed to push this community back to a better state, first off I understand that you have a life and it comes first I totally get it. Now to continue this now if you're barely on so much why are you taking up space as a manager when other higher staff can take the role and are more active, your just wasting time and space, Death said this in an announcement in discord for LOA's, "if you're not on for a month or so you might aswell just resign", thats the same towards everyone, lastly to this point Drew as an owner to this server is never on, barely does updates when people are on their knees for updates. The recent update to SWRP for the return of BF2 Models came and it was good at first but then bugs started to come out and people reported them in, for instance the state of the SC troops being full black, we kept reporting it and it never came fixed, the variety for hostiles when i was last was not done either. The fact is that in my OPINION a Server Manager or Owner should be on top of this 24/7.
3. Drew and Death are lying, I am sorry but when we had that incident that included Hades vs Drew with what happened in between each other, Drew and Death "discussed it" and their "promises" never came around , One promise being that they will be more active and thats just BS, secondly more updates, it baffles me that when the "meeting" happened drew gave the WILTOS updates INSTANTLY, and all of staff has been wanting it for ages, during the meeting drew and death and some other guy from DarkRP were basically distracting us from the reality, saying how much hard work you put into this community, fine you've done well, BUT if there is something good then MAINTAIN it well and dont leave it to die until an outbreak like this happens, more and more of these incidents will happen. I talked with other staff about their "meeting" and we all knew this shit wouldnt happen about the promises, we couldnt talk to Drew and Death to discuss the points only Bilbo (Legend for what you did in that meeting btw) some random guy, drew and death, other staff couldnt do PTS's to discuss in the MEETING, all we did was hear bullshit spewing
4. Gmod is getting old and other games are around, nothing much to say, this can relate to the server going down but stuff can be done to prevent this by influencing players in updates Etc.

Lastly I would like to say goodbye and have a good life (CRINGE) to those Ive been with for a long time with, you made me have some of the best times on this server and I will never forget them. (If I forget I'm sorry I blocked everyone on discord since i dont want a single reminder of this community ) Hades, Mythic, Wilf, Scorpio, Bruce, Tim, Galaxy, Hunter, Ellis, Undenied, Wallace, Unhappy, Dion, Bill, Dan, Darth.

*Salutes for one last time*

swans-jailer
Reactions: Del Boy

BootStrap Bill

Premium
VIP
Sep 23, 2018
Birmingham UK
www.youtube.com
I think that personally and quite frankly. This is a issue.
The fact that if drew or death were to delete this post would if anything agree to the point your saying.
However if we want to keep the server back to the one we all used to know and love then stuff needs to change:
Bilbo should be on the updates and he would be if drew gave perm for him to edit the pack.
Drew needs to start making choices with the community's opinion first.
Never thought of a community overthrowing the server owner however this is almost happening.

Marcus its been a great time with you. GL in the future.

swans-jailer

Xan

Staff member
Senior Staff
Server Staff
SWRP Event Staff
Premium
VIP
Jul 1, 2018
England
Shame to see you go Marcus, I'll see you around.

Regarding the WiltOS update, we're still trying to fix the issues with WiltOS themselves, so that is out of our hands

swans-jailer

Bingo

Staff member
Server Staff
Premium
Jun 1, 2017
France
Honestly, i never have heard more bitching on a server until swrp and "drew not doing shit" drama broke out, he cant just pull updates out his arse, it takes a while to balance & make sure there is minimal amount of bugs, you pushing him wont help either and will cause alot more bugs... honestly you lot on swrp need to grow up and let drew relax, he has a life & doesnt need kids yelling at him for doing his job the best he can...

But whatevs, bye whoever u are... hope this doesnt cause more drama on swrp... drama was that shit even us on darkrp heard it...

swans-jailer
Reactions: Caado and Mazy

Mazy

Staff member
Server Staff
Aug 19, 2018
Berlin Germany
The fact that you didnt notice it that AFTER the meeting drew is tryting to help SWRP AND CCRP the fact is that drew is really busy irl ( i dont want to spill anything incase he doesnt want to share it with other people) and he specifily said that CCRP is currently in a worse state than SWRP and he is dedicating all the free time he has to CCRP because he knows SWRP is currently in good hands. He also said that he was requesting the wiltOS files from wiltOS them self and he only just go it. And AFTER the meeting drew is also trying to improve SWRP he added new stuff and he tries to improve it now drew really tries now to be active on both servers again. And the fact with the SC model is that we cant fix it its up to the one who put it into the workshop the only thing we can do is to find another model which is not easy and instead of complaining about it just help by finding more fitting models

swans-jailer

Bingo

Staff member
Server Staff
Premium
Jun 1, 2017
France
The fact that you didnt notice it that AFTER the meeting drew is tryting to help SWRP AND CCRP the fact is that drew is really busy irl ( i dont want to spill anything incase he doesnt want to share it with other people) and he specifily said that CCRP is currently in a worse state than SWRP and he is dedicating all the free time he has to CCRP because he knows SWRP is currently in good hands. He also said that he was requesting the wiltOS files from wiltOS them self and he only just go it. And AFTER the meeting drew is also trying to improve SWRP he added new stuff and he tries to improve it now drew really tries now to be active on both servers again.
This is also indeed true, CCRP is in a well worse state for playerbase, legit 5 players average currently, just hope this doesnt spout more drama.

swans-jailer
Reactions: Mazy

Caado

Staff member
Server Staff
Premium
Feb 6, 2018
Scotland
everything youre saying shows that you completely ignored everything that was said in the meeting, i dont really know you, but the points you make are straight up stupid in my opinion, ive been in calls where drew has discussed swrp playermodels (i dont know much about swrp myself but its clear that drew is trying) i honestly dont think death needs to be in game, i'd assume that he gets told alot and his job is not an easy one, so he doesnt have the time to be ingame, be community manager and have a life, if youre not aware he has quit in the past because it became too much for him, you just seem quite bratty and demanding imo but meh.

swans-jailer
Reactions: Mazy and Bingo
Apr 29, 2019
Coming from a background of staff-ing in various role on servers I can vouch on both sides here and try my best to give a little advise and such.

The community's side:

Yes, everyone looks up to the highers to get the ball rolling and the server active, popular ect, but we as a community can contribute, try and invite some friends, get them to invite someone, even if it is just one person, maybe call up some old contacts on other servers, ask them if they are interested, network and communicate with others to try and get them on.

Right now the community and people are not helping from my stand-point, I look to the discord and quite a number of people(staff included) are playing other games or minecraft, if you want the server to get better then help it by being on it.

Another factor in the server going stale is (this is going to tickle people the wrong way and sound like a broken record) the events going on lately are not up to a standard to keep people on, quite a number of people stay on the server and look forward to being deployed on a mission, and if the event that goes on isn't particularly that great then the players won't really feel like it was worth being on the server for say 4 hours waiting for an event that lasts 15 minutes and all they had to do was shoot droids which they could have done in a simulation, speaking from a regiment that doesn't get to to much as well, regiments with a main role need to practice it a few times in events, it wouldn't be hard to plan an event with certain stages for each regiment to get the spotlight in a way, I know this is not possible all the times but there is always try and as long as the opportunity was there that is all that matters.

There should be things to do at all times on the server, I spoke about this in previous happenings about how there doesn't have to be an event to keep people entertained, you can do regimental things or a cross-over between two or three regiments to do things, in between a passiveRP event and a full blown one, it could be as simple as have an event trooper go rogue and you have to hunt him down on the venator and fix his attempts at sabotage or even do a supply drop off in the main hangar bay, get troops to move pick-up-able boxes to a certain location, maybe theres something inside that shouldn't be and you have to investigate and interrogate the pilot, all it takes it a bit of creativity.

The higher ups are responsible for most happening on the server such as updates and changes, yes, but the issue here is I think that there is no deadline or any information about these updates, I think something could be done to keep the community interested and waiting such as an update log that gets posted on the discord, telling people what is to come, the status of it and such, whereas staying silent is not the best idea, even if its as vague as "Update is delayed for a few days" would be an indication that there is work being done.

The community is the server, without the community there would be no server, so feed it and help it grow, don't leave it to starve.

The staff's side:

Give the higher-ups some space as well, we all know about games where it comes out too early and there are bugs, broken things and the game is un-playable, we do not want an update where that happens, I would much rather an update where everything is planned out and sorted rather than an update which breaks models, guns, animations, lua errors, script errors ect, there is alot that goes on with updates, big or small it could take hours doing lua, talking to the addon-maker to fix something, creating something from scratch, who knows? I am saying that Drew, Death, Bilbo, Jim down the corner shop, whomever it is on the staff team they are doing this out of their own way, Drew doesn't /HAVE/ to run or keep the server up or anything, he is doing it out of his own way, give him some credit for starting the server and getting it to where it is now.

As someone who comes from servers where I've been placed in at a high position from the start and working my way up from a helper to a super, I can say for the staff it gets tiresome, not everyone can sit on the server or contribute their waking hours to it day after day and they need a break, this may happen to Drew or Death or whoever, big or small everyone needs a break at some point, if this was Drews job to run the server fair enough, but to my knowledge I don't think it is, which means he probably has to work, eat, sleep and work on the server, there is so many hours in the day so cut him some slack at least, that and you can get burned out of gmod or the server, sometimes it feels like its all you do and you need to take a break, get away and do something else, but the staff team should be large enough that people can do this without it hindering the server too much, everyone needs to take a break at some point

Events can be tough, I know this more than anyone, you plan an event out and for example "Once they get into point A they need to turn left" and of course they turn right and you have to improvise or something, could be a problem as small as that, not everyone is cut out for events or they are new to it, I was new to events once and it sucked seeing people crave for someone elses events and how good they were, I was taught by various different people to make me what I am today and believe me I was not good at events when I first started, there are times where I had to be bailed out of some and times where people wanted another straight after, but when someone is doing an event every day after day it makes them tired and they run out of ideas, if too many events by the same person or group happens too often then what usually happens is that the average player can see a pattern and it boils down into running and gunning and not doing much even though the event staff are doing fifty different things at once.

Just because the staff are responsible for things doesn't mean they are to blame, give them some space and help them to help you, pointing fingers and shouting doesn't help anyone.

This is just my thoughts and such, in no way shape or form is it meant to call anyone out, point a finger, complain, whine, scream, cry or anything, it's just me typing what comes to my head in hopes that it provides some perspective or different thinking or something.

Please don't be too harsh on the replies, I am only providing my two cents as the yanks say.

swans-jailer
Reactions: DeathShadow

DeathShadow

Community Manager
Premium
VIP
Mar 2, 2017
Germany or Portugal
drewscommunity.com
I do agree with a majority of this post, but before I proceed, No I won't delete the post. I don't get offended by stuff said on the internet. I've said this before and say it again. It's the fucking internet.

Anyhow, yes I know I haven't been on, especially since I got exams coming up this month, so you won't see me on. When I returned as CM I told drew and Xirii, my activity won't be the same. I dedicated myself a lot to my studies and social life and plan to keep it that way. @Malkiax can vouch for this.

It seems like we do not care, however I do speak on a daily basis with staff through PMs and players as well. Yesterday I had to call out on the super admins from swrp that there have been trial staff for months, open apps for weeks and people who get demotivated because no promotions happen. They promised me, they will look into it this week.

CCRP is getting a major update in the upcoming one or two weeks as a post has been made about it. You may go check it out. The Wiltos stuff, i asked hades about it and he said drew is waiting for wiltos themselves. Nothing much we can do.
As for overall swrp content, all I can say, CCRP is introducing some new features that we wanna test first and perhaps insert it into swrp.

Now, before you claim I havent been here:
Yes I havent been online ingame.
No, Im still quite active, check the forums and speak with players and staff for feedback.

I heard the majority wants a MC server and im in the process of getting it up, for the players. It may seem we have shunned swrp in a hole, but we haven't. Bilbo is in charge of it and im sure he has some ideas in mind.

Anyways, thanks for your post.

swans-jailer
Reactions: Malkiax and Bingo

Drewbie

Staff member
Owner
Nov 30, 2015
I think you are off here @Marcus after the meeting I said I will try to be more active, and I have tried. I have been on the SWRP discord now and then to chat, but not often since CCRP is in the state its in. I also have a full time job and other priorities. If I was paid enough to do this for a living I would of course be more active. I am after all very active on CCRP because it requires my attention, and I push aside requests from friends if they wanna play because I have to work. Now some of these ideas like @DeathShadow said might carry over to SWRP, but that would be through proper channels so everyone would be informed and we could vote.

When it comes to updates regarding WiltOS I have been in touch with @Xan a lot because we both wanted to push this update however there are complications which means I have to speak to wiltos and they requested videos and shit which we have submitted so we are waiting for their answer. It takes time through tickets.

Also I would like to say I would like to play on SWRP, but I don't have the time so I try to stay up to date by checking discord now and then and the forums. You may have seen me in some channels or text channels

Also drop the as "Owner" I should be on 24/7 thats bullshit, when we grow past one server we can't be on. You think owner of icefuse, superiour, werewolf gaming are able to be 24/7 on all their platforms? or maybe we should just drop all servers when we take a break or do something else. We can't pass on full access because there are restrictions, but I have said to Bilbo I will upload his updates and fixes when he sends them to me, I check my PC daily.

When it comes to what SWRP needs and the state of it, I must relay on input from the managers because they know what you guys want, I do check suggestions sometimes though. If I have a big idea I will of course come to SWRP with it, but it would mainly be those with 100% hands on which knows what people want unless its a huge thread like bf2 models.

I would also like to say I check workshop very often and gmodstore to see if there are addons we can use, that goes for both servers. The best addons are of course those we can use on both servers.

I wish you the best of luck in other communities and games.

swans-jailer
Last edited:

Drewbie

Staff member
Owner
Nov 30, 2015
I think that personally and quite frankly. This is a issue.
The fact that if drew or death were to delete this post would if anything agree to the point your saying.
However if we want to keep the server back to the one we all used to know and love then stuff needs to change:
Bilbo should be on the updates and he would be if drew gave perm for him to edit the pack.
Drew needs to start making choices with the community's opinion first.
Never thought of a community overthrowing the server owner however this is almost happening.

Marcus its been a great time with you. GL in the future.
That won't happened, but I won't make gamebreaking changes to upset everyone if its not needed like if I suddenly changed back to CGI. I also have some ideas for SWRP I'd like to setup threads for so people can state their opinions, but right now they have to go through testing and I have CCRP to bring into a better state of course.

If I really disliked this community I would have dropped it btw, I like having this because it can be so fun. Even if I came back to play on the server I would still not take charge on the main development of it like playermodels, weapons, aircrafts and stuff like that.

swans-jailer