The potential readding of the 41st Elite Corps

Should 41st/Green Company be added back?

• Yes

Votes: 23 82.1%
  • No

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 4, 2018
GM are dead over the weekend the max players for GM i have seen is 4 and SC and that is only because of event's being called GM have had little to no Sim's/training it took GM a month to remove me for being inactive, the only person to realise this was Shanks, it is know within the server you can be in active within GM and not get removed because they want players.

With SC the only people I see regular is Wolf Fiebe xLaser Theo other then that there is no one regular on Staff haven't do anything for shadow I personally like the way shadow feels add's something different to the other reg's.

With the Adding of 41st it gives staff the ability to do more event wise add more RP to event such as translation, Assassination and recon

There is a Clear want for 41st and Pickens has said he will work his ass off to try and make it successful along with a few others

swans-jailer
Reactions: Dionysus
Dec 14, 2019
Also i really think it should just be GC taking over for GM.
This way we make them a elite squad that goes forward and scouts.
And to top it off if their a squad they won't require as many members as GM.Instead just a couple of active members.

swans-jailer

Drewbie

Staff member
Owner
Nov 30, 2015
Ye add it but imo the amount of players we have won’t cover it and shadow a reg that never feels to fit in properly imo should be removed with GM if this happens
That's a discussion for another time. We will not remove Shadow Company, because I think that would be a huge discussion. Regardless I think shadow company should be a company (a small sub like regiment size). After all they are a company.

swans-jailer

Hades

An absolute cunt
Premium
VIP
Jul 1, 2018
England
I'll be honest, I dropped the ball with GM back when I was Server Manager.

However, removing GM for 41st will serve little to no purpose apart from being the flavour of the month for the usual reg hoppers, before becoming the same situation about two months later.

If you genuinely want to make a difference, collapse SC and GM into 41st but make sure that 41st actually have a purpose this time, or else they'll just turn into what they were before.

Alternatively, you could remove shadow and later bring it back, possibly working alongside or part of ARC for the time being.

swans-jailer

Drewbie

Staff member
Owner
Nov 30, 2015
I'll be honest, I dropped the ball with GM back when I was Server Manager.

However, removing GM for 41st will serve little to no purpose apart from being the flavour of the month for the usual reg hoppers, before becoming the same situation about two months later.

If you genuinely want to make a difference, collapse SC and GM into 41st but make sure that 41st actually have a purpose this time, or else they'll just turn into what they were before.

Alternatively, you could remove shadow and later bring it back, possibly working alongside or part of ARC for the time being.
So giving CG (All interrigation including torture if they can do that)
Giving 41st (Snipers, recon and translating)
Removing cloak and punching
And maybe give 104th the possibility to do assassinations?

swans-jailer

Bauldrick

Staff member
Server Staff
Oct 31, 2019
to be honest I agree with hades here although it would be nice to see 41st back I am worried that it will follow in the footsteps of GM that it is getting hyped up and everyone saying they want to join only for it to be active for 1-2 weeks and then just dying but who know it might be different this time if it is handled correctly.

swans-jailer

Vapour

VIP
Jul 5, 2018
London, U.K
On a more serious note...

There's quite literally no reason to add the 41st back and remove GM. If there's one thing being a part of this sorrowful community has shown me for the past two years its that the only thing the same regiments being cycled on and off the server brings is short-term hype and disappointment.

We've tried it, it hasn't worked. You've seen it. I've seen it. Frankly, we all have.
Not necessarily the fault of the regiments themselves, but their sub-par leadership and untimely implementation. Let's take now for instance. In the last 30 days, the server has averaged just above 32 players a day. The player-base is no where near strong enough to support the number of regiments currently on the server and simply removing one just to replace it solves no problem. The playerbase was at a similar state when the Galactic Marines was previously added, with the removal of the 41st.

It's a doctrine everyone on the server should be familiar with. Learn from your mistakes. This is clearly not working, so why in the fuck would it be considered for another try.

Personally, I would completely hold off. Remove GM, and see how it goes from there. Offer current GM members a place in other regiments to prevent people from leaving the community entirely and pump some more life into the current regimental roster. Better yet, if GM is to be replaced, try something new that isn't the norm. Make this server have something appealing, rather than the same bog-standard shit other communities have. There is a plethora of possibility.

I anticipate this to fall on deaf ears. In the unlikely event that my suggestion is acknowledged, feel free to message me on discord @Matttt#0001 if anything here is nonsensical.

All the Best

swans-jailer
Dec 14, 2019
On a more serious note...

There's quite literally no reason to add the 41st back and remove GM. If there's one thing being a part of this sorrowful community has shown me for the past two years its that the only thing the same regiments being cycled on and off the server brings is short-term hype and disappointment.

We've tried it, it hasn't worked. You've seen it. I've seen it. Frankly, we all have.
Not necessarily the fault of the regiments themselves, but their sub-par leadership and untimely implementation. Let's take now for instance. In the last 30 days, the server has averaged just above 32 players a day. The player-base is no where near strong enough to support the number of regiments currently on the server and simply removing one just to replace it solves no problem. The playerbase was at a similar state when the Galactic Marines was previously added, with the removal of the 41st.

It's a doctrine everyone on the server should be familiar with. Learn from your mistakes. This is clearly not working, so why in the fuck would it be considered for another try.

Personally, I would completely hold off. Remove GM, and see how it goes from there. Offer current GM members a place in other regiments to prevent people from leaving the community entirely and pump some more life into the current regimental roster. Better yet, if GM is to be replaced, try something new that isn't the norm. Make this server have something appealing, rather than the same bog-standard shit other communities have. There is a plethora of possibility.

I anticipate this to fall on deaf ears. In the unlikely event that my suggestion is acknowledged, feel free to message me on discord @Matttt#0001 if anything here is nonsensical.

All the Best
How about this Vapour.
A 91st squad which is recon/medic, notice the point squad. So say a 6 man squad. They would be the people you sent to the front to scout. Then after they have completed scouting (say like together with ARC) they act as medics for the rest of the mission?
This way we can keep regimental medics, get scouts and let people that want to devolve deeper in medic get a chance. This could be a shit idea if done poorly but i think it would prove as something different from other servers. Please give feedback!

swans-jailer

Hades

An absolute cunt
Premium
VIP
Jul 1, 2018
England
How about this Vapour.
A 91st squad which is recon/medic, notice the point squad. So say a 6 man squad. They would be the people you sent to the front to scout. Then after they have completed scouting (say like together with ARC) they act as medics for the rest of the mission?
This way we can keep regimental medics, get scouts and let people that want to devolve deeper in medic get a chance. This could be a shit idea if done poorly but i think it would prove as something different from other servers. Please give feedback!
Remember what happened the last time a "squad" was added.

swans-jailer
Dec 14, 2019
Remember what happened the last time a "squad" was added.
Yeah trust me we both know i remember.
But as i said before and will keep saying. The problem was that ''invite only'' tag. And juggernaut serving no purpose other than being Undenieds bitches. (no offence Ben) However a squad of 91st would serve a purpose, shouldn't be invite only andshould have a stable commander if done well. Obviously this is just a idea and i understand where your comming from. I realise this most likely won't be the way things go. This is merely my wish as i love playing medic..

swans-jailer
Status
Not open for further replies.