The future of CCRP

DeathShadow

Community Manager
Premium
VIP
Mar 2, 2017
Germany or Portugal
drewscommunity.com
Honestly Bring back old CCRP I fucking loved played that daily for 9 hours a day and just grind it then I became staff and I grinded even more with reports and making events #Bringbackoldccrp Also you should really Bring back all the old staff members everyone loved because thats what made people stay and have fun also the others things.

#FASFORSENIOR.
Bringing back old staff won't happen as the majority either moved on from GMOD or we can't reach them anymore.

I really want to say that I want some cool old version, because obviously I have the best memories there, but I will lie, cause I know I won't download Gmod again to play.
I personally feel like you, Drew, should possibly close it down and try and shoot servers up in new games, such as, idk, squad, Unturned 2 (when it releases) and any other new big games where server are possible.
Unfortunately I have to agree with Solid here, a great part of us lost a bit of motivation from playing Gmod, myself included, of course I'll still be here to help out as needed and I can always redownload the game to help the servers getting setup, but I myself don't find an interest in gmod. At this moment of course.

swans-jailer
Reactions: Willsve

DeathShadow

Community Manager
Premium
VIP
Mar 2, 2017
Germany or Portugal
drewscommunity.com
Sadly Gmod is a dying game. It won’t be long till most people completely stop playing it and move to a better game. A game with Bette graphics etc and looks more fun. FiveM seems great, GTA was free not so long ago. But at the end of the day, I think the community needs to change games.
Not necessarily change, but provide alternatives as well.
The only game I really see that keeps popping up is Minecraft. That"s the only game IMO that has been always super stable in terms of popularity.

swans-jailer
Reactions: Scorpio

Rizzlepixs

GMod Admin
Feb 26, 2016
United Kingdom
Bringing back old staff won't happen as the majority either moved on from GMOD or we can't reach them anymore.

Unfortunately I have to agree with Solid here, a great part of us lost a bit of motivation from playing Gmod, myself included, of course I'll still be here to help out as needed and I can always redownload the game to help the servers getting setup, but I myself don't find an interest in gmod. At this moment of course.

#rizzlefordiscordenforcer

🤔

swans-jailer

Drewbie

Staff member
Owner
Nov 30, 2015
I don't believe the answer is just bringing back old CCRP. We kind of did that by putting in the old craftingmod and at one point we also had the old printers, and bringing back old staff members won't happened either because many of them quit gmod. I think its mostly "nostalgia" talking and we had eliestudio to boost the shit out of our server which crowded two servers at one point making the gamemode so much fun because it was many people. I do however think Hans is onto something. He talks about tweaks and map, which is where I also think we need to find the sweet spot. The balance between grind and reward. I also think to get the server going we need to focus on making it "easier" for people to get into like @Inza says.

When it comes to expanding in to other games, I would like that, but its hard when many of the new games are games which are like COD and Fortnite where its just servers made by the developers.

I do however think Rust, Minecraft and Unturned are good suggestions, but this is not what we are gonna discuss here. I just simply want to reopen CCRP beacuse its a project I enjoy, I have no goals of making money out of it and its purely because I think gmod is really fun and im not ready to give upon gmod just yet.

swans-jailer

MrKiller

Premium
Jul 10, 2018
I don't believe the answer is just bringing back old CCRP. We kind of did that by putting in the old craftingmod and at one point we also had the old printers, and bringing back old staff members won't happened either because many of them quit gmod. I think its mostly "nostalgia" talking and we had eliestudio to boost the shit out of our server which crowded two servers at one point making the gamemode so much fun because it was many people. I do however think Hans is onto something. He talks about tweaks and map, which is where I also think we need to find the sweet spot. The balance between grind and reward. I also think to get the server going we need to focus on making it "easier" for people to get into like @Inza says.

When it comes to expanding in to other games, I would like that, but its hard when many of the new games are games which are like COD and Fortnite where its just servers made by the developers.

I do however think Rust, Minecraft and Unturned are good suggestions, but this is not what we are gonna discuss here. I just simply want to reopen CCRP beacuse its a project I enjoy, I have no goals of making money out of it and its purely because I think gmod is really fun and im not ready to give upon gmod just yet.
I feel a bunch of us initially joined CCRP to rdm and to have fun, it became a reality with a one shot DLORE. Man did i grind to get a one shotter, Later the server was reset and i lost quite a lot of guns that i had P2W. Then CCRP became serious, serious for grind, serious in terms of rules, serious in terms of staff. EVERYTHING became serious and people stopped playing. I still wish to have a one shot 3000+ damage dlore, id play all day trying to mess with everyone. It was the best to have had spent time at CCRP in those days.
Over the years, the resets have made people quit, ive become a global elite like 3 times already and its a hell of a grind tbh. Anyway, do as you see fit drew. Although i doubt id be installing GMOD again, but id love to see it prosper and lively.

swans-jailer

Hades

An absolute cunt
Premium
VIP
Jul 1, 2018
England

I have a small Conan Exiles RP server which i could open up to DC, the server is already set up, its no extra charge to DC as i pay for it and it has many members of DC in it. Just an idea

swans-jailer

Drewbie

Staff member
Owner
Nov 30, 2015
I have a small Conan Exiles RP server which i could open up to DC, the server is already set up, its no extra charge to DC as i pay for it and it has many members of DC in it. Just an idea
Excellent idea, I've always wanted to get into that game.

Also a status update:
The work has started and first of all I will focus on the server file size and download speed, I will reduce it by a lot. And there's something else I need opinions on. To get the grind vs reward right, would we want a BETA? where we wipe the server after we've tested and adjusted everything from grinding to weapon damage?

swans-jailer
May 15, 2018
I'd just say take it back to its former state of glory, meaning remove token printers to give the server a bigger economy to flow and more grinding to do, buff weapons back and skill points to it's overpowered state.

swans-jailer

Drewbie

Staff member
Owner
Nov 30, 2015
I'd just say take it back to its former state of glory, meaning remove token printers to give the server a bigger economy to flow and more grinding to do, buff weapons back and skill points to it's overpowered state.
Now thats not bad, but we will not return to the "craftingmod" anymore. Ever since I installed it again the server crashes even without any players on it. But I got something else with perma weapons.

I do agree with removing mTokens and rather have people do the usual stuff to get cash/weapons which is printing, mining, meth, weed, trashman and stuff.

Also what are peoples stance on rewarding more for interactive work than printers?

swans-jailer

Xirii

Supreme Meme
DPRK
Nov 30, 2015
Hull, GB
I personally don't see any value in keeping the server, or it's current format. Multiple changes and other things have alienated whatever playerbase existed, and frankly a reset won't make any difference at all to anyone because nobody is playing anyway.

Either move to some different games or perhaps another game mode other than TTT which is boring imho. Or take DarkRP and put a different spin on it, however I still can't muster up any effort to play DarkRP. It just ain't as fun as it once was.

Frankly it is worth noting that Garry's Mod as a whole has gone down in playerbase massively - there's just better things to do now and Gmod no longer has to play the role of the 'every game' because indie titles fill that gap now, it is unlikely we will ever reach peak users and that is the same across multiple DarkRP servers not just our own.

N.B - Glad to see Wheel and Panda can't seem to ignore things, that's fucking hilarious. - Can always appreciate some autistic screeching

swans-jailer
Last edited:
Jul 13, 2017
New York, United States of America
Hello! It’s been hell of a long time since I played on the server. Honestly, I loved every part of ccrp. It’s has and will always be my fav server in darkrp. But I think people aren’t getting hooked into the new era of the darkrp servers, where everything is op and all the new weird cool gadgets. I think we need to bring it back to the older 2017 era. I was shocked to see ccrp gone and I was about to play it again with some new friends. People just come and go, so maybe making the server seem dif than the other servers might get some people hooked. Many players in darkrp tend to join a server tht has a shit ton of pay to win ranks, making it impossible to have fun. We need keep it simple, just change some things here and there as pleased by the people. Thank you for reading and I hope I can play on a good server again!

swans-jailer

Trifons

Staff member
Server Trial Staff
Apr 29, 2018
Belgium
what killed the server

1. OP bases if you didnt grind for 300 hours for a good gun good luck raiding anyone
2. we forgot the rp part in darkrp there was no point at half of the roles cops couldt raid cuz they had to go true u list o rules to even look at a house everybody was just afk in there base and then a guy came with 2000 hours blasted you in the ass and that was the game
3. the roles we had 20 roles at a time 5 of them useless and 10 of them useless cuz poor paying
4. when people where having fun there always had to be that 1 mod who cant get joy out o his life and kick half the server or even ban them
5.the maps changed every sec if you have 20 people playing you dont want a map thats huge cuz you want to see people that the part of rp
6 you didnt need player back in the day you had a job for everything you get guns at the gun dealer printer upgrades at black market and if you wanted more hp buy drugs at drugs dealer and get a buff of hp now its just click the menu and done
7. you have a big community but people get older look at the people you have and look at what they do now what they really want to do half of the server has been playing rust for half a year maybe listen to them and make what they want to play
8.if someone didnt like the server for something nobody listened it was always the same answer then go to another server and ofc they did
9. maybe start trusting more people to run a server doing all the work yourself is hard takes a long time and people dont like to wait 5 days to get a job fixed you have or had people who were happy to help but where puched to the side and had nothing to say anymore

swans-jailer
Reactions: Inza

Drewbie

Staff member
Owner
Nov 30, 2015
what killed the server

1. OP bases if you didnt grind for 300 hours for a good gun good luck raiding anyone
2. we forgot the rp part in darkrp there was no point at half of the roles cops couldt raid cuz they had to go true u list o rules to even look at a house everybody was just afk in there base and then a guy came with 2000 hours blasted you in the ass and that was the game
3. the roles we had 20 roles at a time 5 of them useless and 10 of them useless cuz poor paying
4. when people where having fun there always had to be that 1 mod who cant get joy out o his life and kick half the server or even ban them
5.the maps changed every sec if you have 20 people playing you dont want a map thats huge cuz you want to see people that the part of rp
6 you didnt need player back in the day you had a job for everything you get guns at the gun dealer printer upgrades at black market and if you wanted more hp buy drugs at drugs dealer and get a buff of hp now its just click the menu and done
7. you have a big community but people get older look at the people you have and look at what they do now what they really want to do half of the server has been playing rust for half a year maybe listen to them and make what they want to play
8.if someone didnt like the server for something nobody listened it was always the same answer then go to another server and ofc they did
9. maybe start trusting more people to run a server doing all the work yourself is hard takes a long time and people dont like to wait 5 days to get a job fixed you have or had people who were happy to help but where puched to the side and had nothing to say anymore
I think you are right on some points, but:
OP bases are just a result of what people want (OP guns), of course yo ucan land a one shot on the defender and maybe get in, but thats harder. When it comes to the jobs not paying enough thats a tough spot, we've adjusted for instance cops/military up and down from way too low to too much. Also before the gun dealer sold guns yes, but only a few people bought them because they were useless (thats when we had M9K from gun dealers and customizeable guns from crafting).

Thanks for the feedback and I agree with you on some parts.

swans-jailer

Bear

Retired
Sep 3, 2019
CCRP was really fun when we raided a few times and some players stayed, the biggest downfall in my opinion would be that there was NEVER ANY STAFF ONLINE. Obviously with the change you have put in place Drewbie hopefully that will change. If you need any help hit me up. @Drewbie

swans-jailer
Last edited: