State of CCRP? Perhaps bring back old CCRP?

Egg

Apr 13, 2018
Scotland
"It's fairly simple to save CrewConflict, get the old staff team around the table to discuss the future of the server.(edited)

Then prior to that make bullets containing the guide lines for the upcoming discussion.

Make 3 ground rules: - A medium sized compact map will be used. - A map change is forbidden from taking place for at least 12 months under ANY circumstances. - Permanent plug-ins with little to no alteration, no HUD changes (other than optimization of the existing HUD) and no crafting system.(edited)

And one optional rule

- Changes will not be made/applied before proper testing by an assigned entrusted testing team that has no close connections with Drew other than business intent." - Hans Krebs

I just posted this from the discord, Drew it's worth a shot considering some of the old staff were the best we had.

swans-jailer

Drewbie

Staff member
Owner
Nov 30, 2015
I'm disappointed with the map. I thought we were going with flatgrass.

Anyhow, what weapons will there be on the server?

And what crew system?
BuildRP it would be then.

The weapons will be the weapons I packed when I first released the new inventory system, a bunch of modern weapons. Such as M107, Super Shotgun, KSG, ACR, MOE AKM and HK416 to name a few.

Crew system will be the one we had when people could put down crew spawns and stuff.

swans-jailer

Solid

Staff member
Senior Staff
Server Staff
Premium
VIP
Official Guide Author
DPRK
Dec 30, 2017
So my view on guns and levels is like this:
I like feeling powerful, I obviously like having really good guns, but when talking about what I actually remember as "good" or "fun" raids, I'll always mention those times when I barely solo or with my team at the time could defend the base.
So pretty much when they just were about to got in, we finally killed them.
What I don't like is when I am 1 person, let's say around prestige 40 and can pretty much hold off a raid against 2-4 people easily, not looking at grenades and other like base exploits. If they were to try and raid me legit, going through the front entrance of the base, I shouldn't be able to hold off 2-4 people. That's not fucking balanced or fun for the raiders, because any base you walk in to, you just get slaughtered by any low prestige player.
Yeah, afcourse you can say there are exceptions when I as a raider have a one shot sniper rifle and I somehow get that 1 shot off to the defender and we win, but in a real raid that shouldn't even be possible.

swans-jailer

Drewbie

Staff member
Owner
Nov 30, 2015
So my view on guns and levels is like this:
I like feeling powerful, I obviously like having really good guns, but when talking about what I actually remember as "good" or "fun" raids, I'll always mention those times when I barely solo or with my team at the time could defend the base.
So pretty much when they just were about to got in, we finally killed them.
What I don't like is when I am 1 person, let's say around prestige 40 and can pretty much hold off a raid against 2-4 people easily, not looking at grenades and other like base exploits. If they were to try and raid me legit, going through the front entrance of the base, I shouldn't be able to hold off 2-4 people. That's not fucking balanced or fun for the raiders, because any base you walk in to, you just get slaughtered by any low prestige player.
Yeah, afcourse you can say there are exceptions when I as a raider have a one shot sniper rifle and I somehow get that 1 shot off to the defender and we win, but in a real raid that shouldn't even be possible.
That's why the it has changed, but I think its more appealing to the average player to have the chance to base and defend alone without having to relay on the crew or friends to base with. Which I agree with you is better, but you don't get the same feeling of being "overpowered" of course which it seems people want to.

swans-jailer
Reactions: DeathShadow

Drewbie

Staff member
Owner
Nov 30, 2015
Drew please dont reset for atleast 1.5 years no matter what happens and ill be a regular too.
I don't plan to, I want to make sure that your progress is safe and valued. However there are some things we can't avoid, but now we know we won't change the craftingsystem or anything like that. We will also do regular backups incase of someone exploiting or something like that so we can just roll back a little bit instead of reseting everyone.

Feedback from testing can be posted here. Also I wonder what people think, how long do we need before posting it officially? Myself I think one more day for testing to make sure there are no gamebreaking bugs. I have received a few reports on some minor bugs like flags don't reward crew members only the crew etc.

swans-jailer
Last edited:

Drewbie

Staff member
Owner
Nov 30, 2015
Wait so everyone starts from 0 or we get our old levels and cash back?
Ok I will explain. Before this update we had the other inventory system. So when I installed the craftingmod that is a new script so its a different database so that did so everyone started with an empty inventory, but all other scripts like leveling and cash stayed.

swans-jailer
Reactions: DeathShadow

tommymaddog22

Tommy
Premium
Jan 3, 2018
Texas
I have suggested this to drew multiple times through private message but he seemed so content on not going back, personally I would love to go back to 2016-2017 CCRP and I’m sure many have voiced their opinions to drew about going back to OG times so hopefully this will be more of an encouragement for drew to bring back OG DC

In terms of craftingmod he doesn’t want that added back because he hates the constant crashes, so good luck convincing him
I would love to see the server back on its old ways. I will be coming back if the change occurs :)

swans-jailer