State of CCRP? Perhaps bring back old CCRP?

Drewbie

Staff member
Owner
Nov 30, 2015
Just make Phase 1 , i dont understand what is the problem, when 80 % people want Phase 1
Because I have to make sure what people are saying they want. Suddenly if there's gun which can't be properly balanced and a lot of people have it. I then have a choice to leave it as it is or make those guns "limited" since the new crafted guns wont be as good.

If we go craftingmod Id like to have TFA and some of the newer released guns from the workshop, as new guns is always quite fun ngl
I don't know. TFA is one of the most resourceful weaponbases as of content and lua, its extremely heavy on the server, client and download because of advanced code and very high quality weapon designs. Take CW 2.0 for instance, many of the base weapons there uses the CSS M4 as a world model instead of a custom one.

swans-jailer

MrKiller

Premium
Jul 10, 2018
in 2016/2017 i had spent 35 Euros on a dragonLore, 40 Euros on an Ar 15 among other weapons etc. I spent about a total of 120 Euros apart from the Premium, I truly loved playing here, Then you guys reset, didnt take care of the players who had invested real money in P2W. I was really sad because i enjoyed over powered guns, i crafted even more overpowered guns. People who joined, died a few times and then started crafting and grinding for a purpose. The purpose was, to not get killed and kill others. I loved that culture of overpowered weapons, When the first reset happened, everything i had worked for died. I left playing for 8 months and got back on again, thinking it wont reset at all. I became the first global elite that time. Then another Reset. I dont have the energy to get back on the horse and go up levels and crafting against bad odds to make guns. I think there is a chance id start playing again if CCRP went back to 2016/2017. No more resets, it kills people who grinded and make things for themselves. Let everyone have billions and trillions, it doesnt matter. Just regulate large cash accounts.
I spent 120 euros on guns that i dont have today, bad p2w strategy.

swans-jailer
Reactions: Kaili Chenner

Drewbie

Staff member
Owner
Nov 30, 2015
in 2016/2017 i had spent 35 Euros on a dragonLore, 40 Euros on an Ar 15 among other weapons etc. I spent about a total of 120 Euros apart from the Premium, I truly loved playing here, Then you guys reset, didnt take care of the players who had invested real money in P2W. I was really sad because i enjoyed over powered guns, i crafted even more overpowered guns. People who joined, died a few times and then started crafting and grinding for a purpose. The purpose was, to not get killed and kill others. I loved that culture of overpowered weapons, When the first reset happened, everything i had worked for died. I left playing for 8 months and got back on again, thinking it wont reset at all. I became the first global elite that time. Then another Reset. I dont have the energy to get back on the horse and go up levels and crafting against bad odds to make guns. I think there is a chance id start playing again if CCRP went back to 2016/2017. No more resets, it kills people who grinded and make things for themselves. Let everyone have billions and trillions, it doesnt matter. Just regulate large cash accounts.
I spent 120 euros on guns that i dont have today, bad p2w strategy.
There's no restoring inventories even if we were to re open it on the old craftingmod.

swans-jailer

Drewbie

Staff member
Owner
Nov 30, 2015
I spent 200 pounds to get 7 bil for prestiging and a month later it gets reset. I dont want to grind it all out again. It will take me months on end. and Ive done that Twice now.
Your point is? there's no restoring the old databases. The only thing I can do is bring the old addons back and the way it server worked.

swans-jailer
Jun 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Ye i totally agree with you @DeathShadow, i liked the old crafting mod as it didn't require money and you could easily mine all your materials which would help raise the player count a good amount even if its people afk'in in the mine, but i think we need more content in terms of addons that make people return, maybe like a daily spin for money or guns, just something other than !zrewards. i would like to have the old perma weapons tbh, they were a lot better in my opinion and ive also found that the new guns aren't different in dmg unless you compare a common with a glitched there isn't much of a difference but with the old one you could tell and thats why i think with that people might want to keep playing to get that extra dmg and such.
i think we the new balanced ish economy it might work better in terms of gun prices which was one of our biggest issues before, of people overpricing and scamming others because of the high prices it was, but with the lower economy you can see the difference easier but it doesnt mean people wont under price you, that will always happen regardless.
the only problem is the crashes which is really annoying tbh, i would love to have the server have it again but if it keeps crashing people it just isn't worth it, and possible make people wanna leave because of it.
i think the current loot boxes is great but tbh i think you should make it obvious which crates have what, like make a shotgun, sniper, Rifle crate just so they know which one to open for what gun, which blueprints could be a chance inside the gun crates or have it with the pistol crates.

And tbh if we gonna talk about the real "OG" Dc we would need to go back to m9k with the perma inventory and snipers that could shoot through props xD
M9k guns were so much better.

swans-jailer

Drewbie

Staff member
Owner
Nov 30, 2015
Progress update:
All weapon stats have been set, recipes have been set and BPs have been set. BP's have also been assigned to printers and most jobs that rewards you. Old values has been put back on most stuff like oil,meth and printers, yes the old printers are back. And the map has been picked. We have also configured the jobs so they have assigned weapons.

We are very soon ready to let people on to test stuff, the first opening will not be a big official opening because I might have to restart if there are bugs etc.

swans-jailer
Feb 25, 2018
Progress update:
All weapon stats have been set, recipes have been set and BPs have been set. BP's have also been assigned to printers and most jobs that rewards you. Old values has been put back on most stuff like oil,meth and printers, yes the old printers are back. And the map has been picked. We have also configured the jobs so they have assigned weapons.

We are very soon ready to let people on to test stuff, the first opening will not be a big official opening because I might have to restart if there are bugs etc.
Great start so far, I can already see that you're putting effort into bringing back the CCRP we all loved and admired. This will hopefully be worth the effort as i can already see people getting hyped up about this. Keep it up

swans-jailer

Drewbie

Staff member
Owner
Nov 30, 2015
I'm glad there are many responses here. I can confirm its TFA and its not exactly like it use to be there are more guns and scopes. Also if this is successful we might include CS:GO TFA weapons later or other weapons. The halloween event will also be on when the server is up. The map that I have picked is based on feedback from what you guys want, but also what we have that is good.

Why? because its more optimized, custom to DC and re-textured. I know the render distance is a bit low here, but thats something I want to change when we get a mapper that can do it.

I have not gone for "Downtown" because as I understood you guys want to see it with cars.

swans-jailer
Reactions: Inza and LunarQuSai