State of CCRP? Perhaps bring back old CCRP?

DeathShadow

Community Manager
Premium
VIP
Mar 2, 2017
Germany or Portugal
drewscommunity.com
Hey everyone, hey drew,

Now as the majority of you have seen, CCRP is struggling BAD. Yes the Halloween content is fun and all, but we lack the players. It doesn't help that there's tons of youtube GMOD servers full with shit ass Jobs and Guns, however after speaking with a couple of people, they kind of want the OLD CCRP back.

What was the old CCRP?

Our old version of Downtown with sewers, pole camping and the first craftingmod we had, with TFA.

Yes Lootboxes are fun, but the majority of people prefer the good old crafting, but perhaps we could tune it? Include the new Tiers we have, like glitched and such and the ability to upgrade the guns? Just no Lootboxes as people dislike them.

Anyways, the purpose of this thread is to discuss this further with the community and hear what you guys have to say, so we can help drew.

swans-jailer

Ban

Staff member
Server Staff
Premium
Oct 8, 2017
Parts Unknown
I have suggested this to drew multiple times through private message but he seemed so content on not going back, personally I would love to go back to 2016-2017 CCRP and I’m sure many have voiced their opinions to drew about going back to OG times so hopefully this will be more of an encouragement for drew to bring back OG DC

In terms of craftingmod he doesn’t want that added back because he hates the constant crashes, so good luck convincing him

swans-jailer
Reactions: Caado and sexynasus

Drewbie

Staff member
Owner
Nov 30, 2015
The craftingmod is beyond broken. It will never again be updated or fixed. This is because it cant be. I have spent so much cash on it and many have tried, theres just no fixing it because the foundation is not good at all.

swans-jailer

Del Boy

Staff member
Server Manager
Premium
VIP
Respected
Jun 23, 2017
United Kingdom
Ye i totally agree with you @DeathShadow, i liked the old crafting mod as it didn't require money and you could easily mine all your materials which would help raise the player count a good amount even if its people afk'in in the mine, but i think we need more content in terms of addons that make people return, maybe like a daily spin for money or guns, just something other than !zrewards. i would like to have the old perma weapons tbh, they were a lot better in my opinion and ive also found that the new guns aren't different in dmg unless you compare a common with a glitched there isn't much of a difference but with the old one you could tell and thats why i think with that people might want to keep playing to get that extra dmg and such.
i think we the new balanced ish economy it might work better in terms of gun prices which was one of our biggest issues before, of people overpricing and scamming others because of the high prices it was, but with the lower economy you can see the difference easier but it doesnt mean people wont under price you, that will always happen regardless.
the only problem is the crashes which is really annoying tbh, i would love to have the server have it again but if it keeps crashing people it just isn't worth it, and possible make people wanna leave because of it.
i think the current loot boxes is great but tbh i think you should make it obvious which crates have what, like make a shotgun, sniper, Rifle crate just so they know which one to open for what gun, which blueprints could be a chance inside the gun crates or have it with the pistol crates.

And tbh if we gonna talk about the real "OG" Dc we would need to go back to m9k with the perma inventory and snipers that could shoot through props xD

swans-jailer

Yegrinth

Server Staff
VIP
Oct 27, 2018
scotland
Bring back everything OG
You can’t just live in the past. Stuff that’s bad may be seen as good cause “it’s og” not saying that using old stuff is a bad idea as it isn’t. But we can’t just magically go back in time and bring back old people as well. Since people working with the systems is what makes it good.

swans-jailer

Scorpio

VIP
Oct 14, 2018
Bristol
drewscommunity.com
You can’t just live in the past. Stuff that’s bad may be seen as good cause “it’s og” not saying that using old stuff is a bad idea as it isn’t. But we can’t just magically go back in time and bring back old people as well. Since people working with the systems is what makes it good.
I was was joking when i said that, but cleary every wants og to come back

swans-jailer