Jul 24, 2018
Basic information;

Name: Spectre
Regiment: 212th
Current Rank: CPT
Server playtime: 244 hours

OOC Information;

Do you have a microphone? Yes I do.

Self-Summary: I am a teen from Newcastle who loves Star Wars and is passionate about the server, I am currently in college studying Electronic music production and tech. I'd describe myself as a clown who is mature and knows when to be serious and disciplined. Server side however, after spending time in 41st, ARC and 212th I think my time on the front-lines is over and that I should hang up my blaster and join fleet instead. (Hope that wasn't too long, I feel like it was)

And no, I am not a staff member on any DC related server.

IC information

Why should we pick you for fleet? After being a GC EXO, ARC CPT and the CPT of Ghost company, I feel like I have worked with a lot of fleet and generals in order to make my regiments as best as they can be. However there is only so much you can do as regimental trooper and I believe that fleet is a much better placement for my proven leadership skills and experience. Moreover It is of my personal opinion that most of fleet come from CG where they only see a limited amount of front-line combat, whereas having been a front line soldier all my life I am extremely well educated in that area, this understanding of combat and war would come extremely useful when planning attacks and trying to run regiments as I have both an understanding of combat and the soldiers I'd be helping moderate, run and train. It is also with this understanding that I believe i'd be able to make mandatory training's and combat simulations both more fun and more useful for the soldiers taking part. Finally, I am a level headed person who works hard no matter what is asked of me, as much as I like to input my own opinion and thoughts, I know when to keep my head down and get work done, making me an extremely efficient member of fleet.

Describe Roles and Responsibilities of Fleet: My personal belief is that Fleet are to help control and manage the ship, when assigned to they help revive certain regiments and assist them in order to help improve them. They also Grant/Deny various tasks around the ship allowing them to very specifically control what is happening. Moreover they host breifings and debriefings as they decide a lot of combat strategy's we use as front line troopers.

Have you ever been demoted / kicked / banned, if yes why: I was kicked from ARC, however I was never given a exact reason as to why. Besides that I have never been demoted or banned.

Do you understand Fleet is a very respectable and disciplined rank: Yes I do, they are the figureheads of the ship and lead the troopers, and therefore they must be the very best of individuals the G.A.R has to offer.

Any Commanding situations: I'm not to sure what this means. But even before I was the EXO of GC/41st (at the time it was only GC) I pretty much ran the regiment as for half of my time there we didn't have a CO and the one we did get was shortly banned as he was a complete minge so before thunder took his place I ran the regiment from behind the scenes.
As the CPT of ghost I assisted hadnix in leading our huge reg, so commanding is something I am very much used to, I'd also say leading is just a natural part of who I am.

What can you offer for the Fleet: I am a long time player of the server who knows a lot of the player base, if I was recruited into fleet you would receive a dedicated person who is strict but light hearted and is easy to work with.

Anything else: I know I have had a old history of minge-ing in different names. I think its only fair to myself and to whoever reviews this to address it here. That person is gone, I no longer act like that and some people may be stubborn and not let it go, which is fair, I can assure that my old self is gone and I have since matured and believe that I deserve a equal chance of becoming fleet as any other player. Besides that there is nothing else I have nothing to add besides Good luck to all other applicants!

swans-jailer
Jul 31, 2018
App has a lot of effort put in so good job its well written. You do have a lot of experience in leadership due to the roles you have held so that's another good point. History comes into these decisions but I will still give this a +1

swans-jailer

Tenno

Premium
VIP
DPRK
Jan 3, 2019
God Damn

Hmm, for starters you're application is very good. You seem to have put effort in it which is lovely to see. You're leadership skills are...Impressive. The thing that fleet needs are people who can COMMAND troops. You've been in plently of commanding situations so i would say you are fit for the job. In you're application you seem to understand what fleet does. I'll tell you what spectre. You are a brilliant trooper as you are a brilliant leader.

This application is worthy of a

+1

Good Luck!

swans-jailer

Green Bean

Staff member
Server Staff
VIP
Aug 13, 2018
USA
All right Forum-Lurker Green Bean on the case. Let's just jump straight into it shall we?

Azrael, we all know you very well and despite my limited and mixed interactions with you I will say that from this application alone I'd be happy to give you a +1. And that's what I should be basing this on, however, I will just leave my own thoughts and feelings on you as a player and as a person in this review.
I'm going to try my best to be unbiased as I haven't seen you in quite a long time and I didn't realize until someone told me that this was you and I have had no negative interactions with you under the alias of Spectre.

OOC information:

It isn't too long. I personally wanted a little more just so I could start to learn who you were as a person but oh well.

IC information:
Why should you be picked for fleet: I think this is a solid response and I agree you have good leadership experience, and you did fight on the front-lines which gives you a significantly different experience and background from most fleet members. However, I do have beef with one part. You say that you are level-headed. I would strongly disagree with this from my previous experience with you. I'll just give the most recent example I can think of: when you and Hadnix had both been in 212th, you were doing some Heavy Artillery or Tank training in the MHB away from us. I spoke to the person running the training and they pointed the finger at you, when I confronted you about it you kind of got upset and just started yelling nonsensically into the mic. That's just one example. But I'm willing to put that aside if we just acknowledge that you are not actually in fact the most level-headed person.
Also, I think that Fleet should be able to take a stance and go through with what they believe is correct and that's one of the things I like most about you. You don't just lie down and accept whatever, you take actions for what you believe in. I'm not saying that you are "correct" 100% of the time, but I think Fleet needs to be headstrong and has to be able to just keep going.

Finally, I am a level headed person who works hard no matter what is asked of me, as much as I like to input my own opinion and thoughts, I know when to keep my head down and get work done, making me an extremely efficient member of fleet.
Next you say that you know a lot of the player base. I have no clue how this is relevant to becoming a Fleet member. This was the weakest part of the application in my opinion.
What can you offer for the Fleet: I am a long time player of the server who knows a lot of the player base, if I was recruited into fleet you would receive a dedicated person who is strict but light hearted and is easy to work with.
Finally, I'm glad you acknowledged this because if I'm correct almost no one knew that you were back until just recently. I know there will be people who won't let go of your old habits, but I consider myself to not be a part of that group.
Anything else: I know I have had a old history of minge-ing in different names. I think its only fair to myself and to whoever reviews this to address it here. That person is gone, I no longer act like that and some people may be stubborn and not let it go, which is fair, I can assure that my old self is gone and I have since matured and believe that I deserve a equal chance of becoming fleet as any other player. Besides that there is nothing else I have nothing to add besides Good luck to all other applicants!
Overall this application is receiving a status of: Neutral +/-
You have your flaws as we all do and you have had a shaky past, which you acknowledge in a mature way, but from the application I think you would be a solid candidate for Fleet, however, I'm not sure that it just quite does it for me. All the same: best of luck with you application.

swans-jailer
Jul 24, 2018
All right Forum-Lurker Green Bean on the case. Let's just jump straight into it shall we?

Azrael, we all know you very well and despite my limited and mixed interactions with you I will say that from this application alone I'd be happy to give you a +1. And that's what I should be basing this on, however, I will just leave my own thoughts and feelings on you as a player and as a person in this review.
I'm going to try my best to be unbiased as I haven't seen you in quite a long time and I didn't realize until someone told me that this was you and I have had no negative interactions with you under the alias of Spectre.

OOC information:
It isn't too long. I personally wanted a little more just so I could start to learn who you were as a person but oh well.

IC information:
Why should you be picked for fleet: I think this is a solid response and I agree you have good leadership experience, and you did fight on the front-lines which gives you a significantly different experience and background from most fleet members. However, I do have beef with one part. You say that you are level-headed. I would strongly disagree with this from my previous experience with you. I'll just give the most recent example I can think of: when you and Hadnix had both been in 212th, you were doing some Heavy Artillery or Tank training in the MHB away from us. I spoke to the person running the training and they pointed the finger at you, when I confronted you about it you kind of got upset and just started yelling nonsensically into the mic. That's just one example. But I'm willing to put that aside if we just acknowledge that you are not actually in fact the most level-headed person.
Also, I think that Fleet should be able to take a stance and go through with what they believe is correct and that's one of the things I like most about you. You don't just lie down and accept whatever, you take actions for what you believe in. I'm not saying that you are "correct" 100% of the time, but I think Fleet needs to be headstrong and has to be able to just keep going.

Next you say that you know a lot of the player base. I have no clue how this is relevant to becoming a Fleet member. This was the weakest part of the application in my opinion.

Finally, I'm glad you acknowledged this because if I'm correct almost no one knew that you were back until just recently. I know there will be people who won't let go of your old habits, but I consider myself to not be a part of that group.

Overall this application is receiving a status of: Neutral +/-
You have your flaws as we all do and you have had a shaky past, which you acknowledge in a mature way, but from the application I think you would be a solid candidate for Fleet, however, I'm not sure that it just quite does it for me. All the same: best of luck with you application.
Your criticisms are very fair and thank you for being as un-bias as possible. I shall take them onboard and try to change accordingly. But thank you nonetheless for the constructive advice.

swans-jailer
Reactions: Green Bean
Status
Not open for further replies.