Results are only viewable after voting.

DeathShadow

Community Manager
Premium
VIP
Mar 2, 2017
Germany or Portugal
drewscommunity.com
Yes yes, you read that right. Now before you turn this into a meme or go immediately voting no, please read the thread and perhaps share your opinion on it.

I have spoken with drew and he told me that currently the CGI Models we have are as big as the BF2 models. Not only that but other servers are starting to turn their attention to BF2 models instead of CGI ones.
We know for a fact that the main issue with BF2 models is their size, but considering we have a ton of models (a great part unused) and their total size is equivalent to the BF2 packs we can finally consider this change. How is this possible? We are currently using the UHD CGI Models instead of the crappy ones.

Now personally, I've always preferred the BF2 models instead of the CGI ones, however since I barely play on the server, I believe this is a decision for the community to take and not us the management team. Please make sure to vote and perhaps share your opinion on this matter instead of replying an instant No/Yes.

Thank you very much for reading this short thread.

Some model examples are contained in this collection:

swans-jailer

Drewbie

Staff member
Owner
Nov 30, 2015
From a serverside perspective its like Death says. The content is about the same now with CGI being UHD and having so many bodygroups.

My persective: We removed bf2 models mainly because of content. Now I see the trend among clonewars servers is bf2.

So my conclusion is, we should get on this wave. And we need to rebuild the model content regardless.

swans-jailer
Dec 1, 2019
From a serverside perspective its like Death says. The content is about the same now with CGI being UHD and having so many bodygroups.

My persective: We removed bf2 models mainly because of content. Now I see the trend among clonewars servers is bf2.

So my conclusion is, we should get on this wave. And we need to rebuild the model content regardless.
but hasn't one of the main points recently been that we have nothing separating us from other servers

if this is the point then why are we trying to jump on the bandwagon with what everyone else is doing?

if all the big servers are becoming bf2 then will it not make us more unique if we are using CGI

swans-jailer

Drewbie

Staff member
Owner
Nov 30, 2015
but hasn't one of the main points recently been that we have nothing separating us from other servers

if this is the point then why are we trying to jump on the bandwagon with what everyone else is doing?

if all the big servers are becoming bf2 then will it not make us more unique if we are using CGI
there will always be both servers probably, but cgi or bf2 wont make us less or more unique.

To you as a player its just a question of what you prefer.

swans-jailer
Last edited:
Jan 15, 2019
ngl lie but changing back to BF2 is not the best of ideas as when we switch to BF2 last time the playerbase dropped a lot, and coinciding we are only now getting about 50+ players again if we switch it will make the playerbase drop again which we don't really want to happen.
also as before there were two issues with the BF2 models that were used they caused a hell of a lag issue for many players9 were some couldn't even load onto or connect to the server so overall there are too many cons so i'm gonna have to say a HUGE -1

swans-jailer

Undenied_Player

Staff member
Server Staff
Dec 25, 2018
I'm not gonna vote as I'm not on the server anymore and therefore, my vote would be, and should be, ignored or not counted, however as Death said in the announcement, "please read and comment on the following thread if you may". (I didn't state 'as it impacts the server' as I am not voting, all I'm doing is commenting on this thread).

First off, a point I would like to bring is the fact that BF2 will not have all of the models we currently have, such as Luminara Unduli and Barriss Offee and specific clone jobs such as Fives, Hardcase, etc. If the change occurs, certain jobs will either not have the model for them at all or have to use a model from the packs that arrive, for jobs such as Fives, they can take another model and put it on as the job, but for the jobs that have specific looks to them (Jedi Characters), if they do not have a model for them, its either remove the job or combine CGI and BF2 for certain models. Unless there are any recent model packs, that are BF2, that are of reasonable pack size, which contain these models, I see these two options as being the only reasonable options.

Second point, some people on the server will remember the first time that BF2 was introduced to the server, and I am certain we can all recall the experience of having others constantly try to load into the server but could not. I believe this will happen again UNLESS it is either a miracle or something that is edited to prevent this from happening.

Overall, I would say keep it the way it is and sort out the issues we currently have rather than adding more stuff to the pile in an attempt to distract players while you fix the issues, when the new content could just add 2x more issues than the last.

Another TED Talk done.

swans-jailer
  • Love
Reactions: Shanks and Chiggsey

Drewbie

Staff member
Owner
Nov 30, 2015
ngl lie but changing back to BF2 is not the best of ideas as when we switch to BF2 last time the playerbase dropped a lot, and coinciding we are only now getting about 50+ players again if we switch it will make the playerbase drop again which we don't really want to happen.
also as before there were two issues with the BF2 models that were used they caused a hell of a lag issue for many players9 were some couldn't even load onto or connect to the server so overall there are too many cons so i'm gonna have to say a HUGE -1
Valid points! But content is about the same size now. When it comes to player FPS lag we got render distance for that. And the UHD cgi models Arent better.

the key during event is to use simple npcs. And it should be good.

swans-jailer
Aug 14, 2018
The models are good however the Models are massive compared the ones we use now and I don't believe most new players will be a willing to wait for an hour for the content to download if not longer if they got bad internet it would be worse and performance would very much drop with the amount of vortex, the CGI models show more of the actual show then BF2 dose, CGI models have a lot more developers making them compared to BF2 where there just a lot of rips from the BF2 itself so for me I see a lot more problems with this then good and I have seen bf2 on the sever too at the beginning it was like I look so good and a cool week later o my fucking god I cant do I thing with these frames! so yeah and load times be real bad.

swans-jailer

BootStrap Bill

Absolute Non Batty Boy
Staff member
Senior Staff
Server Staff
Premium
VIP
Sep 23, 2018
Northampton UK
www.youtube.com
Last time I looked half the council are missing.
also I know it’s not my place to say now that I’m gone but didn’t last time this happen it turned into a total failure, neither you nor bilbo could be asked to finish it and we were left with a half arsed update.

Also it killed the server. But hey both CGI updates brought back more players so maybe it could work to bring more peeps.

swans-jailer

Drewbie

Staff member
Owner
Nov 30, 2015
Last time I looked half the council are missing.
also I know it’s not my place to say now that I’m gone but didn’t last time this happen it turned into a total failure, neither you nor bilbo could be asked to finish it and we were left with a half arsed update.

Also it killed the server. But hey both CGI updates brought back more players so maybe it could work to bring more peeps.
Back then cgi was very light. Now they are pretty much equal. Like I said we need to rework the playermodels regardless. But will we do it on CGI or bf2 thats what we are asking here.

And big thanks to everyone that joins this discussion and votes. Your opinion matters.

swans-jailer
Jan 15, 2019
Last edited:
Reactions: Drewbie

Drewbie

Staff member
Owner
Nov 30, 2015
The CGI we had then was light because we were using low grade CGI Models, which were great looking, so why don’t we instead of switching to bf2 models or keeping UHD CGI, we go back to the lower grade CGI from back then?

for those that don’t know what the old CGI models were these are the ones we used
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=905394544
I support what you say because I think they look good and its very small content, but I guess People want UHD because it looks even better? And when we have almost same size cgi as bf2 I say bf2. But what you say is probably the best solution.

swans-jailer

Hades

An absolute cunt
Premium
VIP
Jul 1, 2018
England
Changing to BF2 will remove over half of the Jedi lore characters. There'd have to be a massive change to how Jedi is structured.
We've seen this before, changing from CGI to BF2 and back again does literally nothing for the community apart from act as a hinderance.
Any time a change has happened, DC has lost players.

swans-jailer