Random models and idea brainstorming. Come help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 14, 2019
In-game name: 212th AB SNM 2LT 1213 Jimmy

Type of suggestion(addon, bug, model, script): Models

Reason for suggestion: So a lot of people have said this already, but we don't have anything ''special'' on our server. This is used as a reason as to why we are losing members. So i decided to look through workshop and just browse through.
I want you guys that comment not to be absolute pricks and try to just say yes/no or help come up with other ideas, im only doing this cause i feel i should do something when a server i like is dying. (Yes this is why i asked if we have CGI or battlefront models Drew)

Pros:
Alot of them would make us special, since i don't think most servers have theese regiments/squads.
Some of these could for sure be used as squads or help for other regiments. (Note that this means the regiment higher ups want to expand and make their regiment better)
These models look basically the same as ours and wouldn't stand out as weird models.
I think alot of these models look nutty and would be something to let your eye rest upon as your zoning out ''listening'' to debreif.
Would give the ''im special'' people a regiment/squad that they would strive to join and make ''special''
Could help flesh out some regiments.
(There are for sure more but i want this out)

Cons:
May be big (i didn't check i apologise)
Could drain troopers from other regiments that are in dire need of troopers.
We don't really have the player base (thoe this is the reason as to add them...)
Could end up being completely pointless and no one joins them at all.
If used wrongly could end up being incorrect lorewise.
(there are for sure more but i want this out)

OBS!
Yes i realise this is alot of models, im not saying add them all you dumbass. This is (as the title says) a brainstorming session to find out what we need, is it models? Gameplay? Events? Or something else. The point of this is to make people bring up ideas or start thinking at the least. I just wanted to try and help the server or do something at all instead of just sit around and assume that Henessy and Drew has to come up with all the ideas and do everything on their own.

Link to suggestion if it has one:

(Stealth ops CGI clone troopers, possible edition for shadow?)

(Normal clone troopers)

(Normal clone troopers)

(Phas 2 Clone Troopers and Bomb squad)

(187th legion, give Windu something to do.)

(Keeli Company, maybe something fun for CG or another regiment like 212th? Again ideas.)

(Lighting unit, 501st or maybe even medic models so it's not just ''combat medic gets a shitty speeder.'' )

(Extra models for GM, they might already be in the game i don't know)

(I know this wont happen, RIP 91st)

(Trauma unit, maybe models for 501st ARF? So they look special)

(Perhaps EXO for ARC?)

(Or myabe this one for EXO for ARC?)

swans-jailer
Last edited:
Reactions: Drewbie
Sep 2, 2020
From a development point of view this is a whole lot of playermodels (on top of the ones we already have) for not a whole lot of players, comparatively. From a player point of view, I could go either way.

swans-jailer

Drewbie

Staff member
Owner
Nov 30, 2015
All these models are nice mate issue is at the moment we are trying to cut down on the amount of content we have
From a development point of view this is a whole lot of playermodels (on top of the ones we already have) for not a whole lot of players, comparatively. From a player point of view, I could go either way.
The best way to cut down on content is to rebuild it from scratch. That means finding new playermodels for every regiment in round one. Round two we get npcs. Round 3 we add event models.

I think the best way to go about it is to do that now. Cut out every model we have then rebuild every regiment from scratch. That way we know we are adding models we will be using and not left over models never in use.

I support this suggestion, but not as adding ontop of new ones, but replacing many of those we have. I would make the test server available for the entire process.

swans-jailer
Dec 14, 2019
The best way to cut down on content is to rebuild it from scratch. That means finding new playermodels for every regiment in round one. Round two we get npcs. Round 3 we add event models.

I think the best way to go about it is to do that now. Cut out every model we have then rebuild every regiment from scratch. That way we know we are adding models we will be using and not left over models never in use.

I support this suggestion, but not as adding ontop of new ones, but replacing many of those we have. I would make the test server available for the entire process.
I actually think this sounds good. The only problem is the big work load this would be on you,Henessy and other people joining in on it.
However i don't think we need to get completely new models for every single regiment. From what i have seen there really aren't that many models out there anymore and the model creation community has dipped in SWRP.
But i do support this idea.

swans-jailer

Drewbie

Staff member
Owner
Nov 30, 2015
I actually think this sounds good. The only problem is the big work load this would be on you,Henessy and other people joining in on it.
However i don't think we need to get completely new models for every single regiment. From what i have seen there really aren't that many models out there anymore and the model creation community has dipped in SWRP.
But i do support this idea.
Yes it would be, but I don't see any other way because we have such an extensive model pack. We don't have to replace every model of course, we can use some of those we already use, but when we reinstall we need to find the source addon or take out that specific model from old content and not everything else.

swans-jailer
Jan 15, 2019
Reason for suggestion: So a lot of people have said this already, but we don't have anything ''special'' on our server. This is used as a reason as to why we are losing members. So i decided to look through workshop and just browse through.
I want you guys that comment not to be absolute pricks and try to just say yes/no or help come up with other ideas, im only doing this cause i feel i should do something when a server i like is dying. (Yes this is why i asked if we have CGI or battlefront models Drew)

Pros:
Alot of them would make us special, since i don't think most servers have theese regiments/squads.
Some of these could for sure be used as squads or help for other regiments. (Note that this means the regiment higher ups want to expand and make their regiment better)
These models look basically the same as ours and wouldn't stand out as weird models.
I think alot of these models look nutty and would be something to let your eye rest upon as your zoning out ''listening'' to debreif.
Would give the ''im special'' people a regiment/squad that they would strive to join and make ''special''
Could help flesh out some regiments.
(There are for sure more but i want this out)

Cons:
May be big (i didn't check i apologise)
Could drain troopers from other regiments that are in dire need of troopers.
We don't really have the player base (thoe this is the reason as to add them...)
Could end up being completely pointless and no one joins them at all.
If used wrongly could end up being incorrect lorewise.
(there are for sure more but i want this out)

OBS!
Yes i realise this is alot of models, im not saying add them all you dumbass. This is (as the title says) a brainstorming session to find out what we need, is it models? Gameplay? Events? Or something else. The point of this is to make people bring up ideas or start thinking at the least. I just wanted to try and help the server or do something at all instead of just sit around and assume that Henessy and Drew has to come up with all the ideas and do everything on their own.

Link to suggestion if it has one:

(Stealth ops CGI clone troopers)

(Normal clone troopers)

(Normal clone troopers)

(Phas 2 Clone Troopers and Bomb squad)

(187th legion)

(Keeli Company)

(Lighting unit)

(Extra models for GM)

(I know this wont happen, RIP 91st)

(Trauma unit, maybe models for 501st ARF? So they look special)

(Perhaps EXO for ARC?)

(Or myabe this one for EXO for ARC?)
ngl this does sound like a good idea,i really like the idea having them as squads that would add something completely unique, making them Whole regiments on thier own i don’t think is a good idea at the moment but perhaps later on down the line however i do have a 2 questions about the squad idea.

1) how would implement it? If i was squads

2) if it was squads would They have something special about them? Apart from models, would they have different weapons/equipment?

swans-jailer
Status
Not open for further replies.