Less events and better events?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Drewbie

Staff member
Owner
Nov 30, 2015
Hi! I spoke with the event manager @Sleep and we've decided to see what the community thinks about quality vs quantity in terms of events. There are two choices Yes or No. Currently the requirement for staff team is 2-4 events per day, which means there arent too much time in there to plan something fun or create a story around an event. So if you vote "Yes" you vote for less events and rise the quality of events.

I think lower the events and creating more "free time" would also let regiments host trainings, tryouts and possibly we would have more people on for when an actual event goes down, rather than something almost happening very frequently throughout the evening.

If you vote "No" you basically vote for keeping frequent events, but then you can't expect the quality of them to be top notch.

I played on a different CloneWarsRP server when I was gathering info on how to create one, then it was maybe 2 events max, but people were on because we were waiting or doing training meanwhile. It was a great chance to get promoted before an event or show your commander some skill. And the hype was good, I think when you have frequent events all the time people want really wait for one because it will be a new chance sometime soon.

swans-jailer
Jan 6, 2019
glad this came up. Sometimes events can be boring and repetitive but if there was a proper story arch made (liek we have had in the past) and base attacks to fill in which don’t really need a story. That’s be so much better. As sending regiments in more or less with the same order of shoot everything you see gets boring

swans-jailer
Reactions: Drewbie
Dec 1, 2019
I believe that we should be focusing on Quality over Quantity, this meaning that instead of doing 3-4 events in a day, perhaps dropping it down to 1 base attack early in the day and then 1 planetary at the usual time(18:00 PM BST), focusing on quality can also allow staff to spend more time developing detailed storylines that actually play off well and gives them a chance to account for things that may occur in an event that they might not have noticed at first glance(e.g. Jedi sneaking behind the hostage-taker during a negotiation to get a hold of them and free the hostage).

I know that a few members of staff have been focusing on the quality of their events such as @DantheDisabiledguy and @Quinn rather than just "oh here we have a generic terrorist organisation, go here and wipe them out", they develop stories to their events and the most important thing, they go change the event depending on other players actions i.e. yesterday dan had hyperspace a frigate away whilst I, Yoda, was still on it in RP. instead of just saying "no you can't do that as this isn't how I want the event to go", dan decided to let me play out my RP which entail improved my experience of the event as well as many others

swans-jailer
Aug 26, 2018
We already have quite a lot of freetime. Almost all events happen between 4-8 and outside of that there is nothing event-related happening. Not to mention quite often people come on for events, primarily planetaries and once they're over they hop off again because they know there will be no more events. I don't think we need to lower the amount of events by a large amount, it's mostly 1 planetary a day and 1 or 2 base attacks however if they were more spread out maybe we'd have players on for longer so there'd be players to partake in sims and trainings.

I do think events should be better planned, longer and more inclusive for regiments. More events aren't always good if they're not fun. Obviously I haven't been in every single event since I started playing again but quite a few of them are primarily go eliminate hostiles, maybe blow something up. Which get repetetive and doesn't give regiments a chance to show off what they're good at or their unique skills. I rarely see Wolfpack go hostage retrieval or Shadow go to assasinate, GM doesn't often go for ship boarding or a lot of breaching during planetaries. ARC almost never get to do recon and RC rarely get a unique mission to do on the side to help the rest. 501st and 212th often get to do their jobs as frontline demolish everything in front which is nice.

swans-jailer

Crowley

Staff member
Server Staff
Jun 9, 2018
Netherlands
steamcommunity.com
As an ex-staff, I think this makes it more enjoyable for the staff as well. Giving the team more time to do things could do wonders for creativity, creating less of the same old repetetive events that get boring after a while.

as a side note:
( I dont like events when turbos are fired nonstop it breaks my ears).
this reminds me of a certain cg engineer 🤔

swans-jailer
Jul 4, 2018
I Spoke to Sleep after being back a Week to the server regarding Events and the lack of good events and how players were rising Issues with even sitting out events and not taking part. Example Whole Player base Siting down due to Turbo laser spam physically making it impossible to play along with more issues that were being raised.

With the events Currently it is frustrating to see as staff, I enjoy creating events that players enjoy, there is a lack of care for events at the moment, it is the same style events on repeat go kill ah wipe out the terrorist organisation. It's boring and looks lazy when Players are playing the same event just with a different host and skins. Staff barley hold interesting story lines Regs are told the same generic orders there is barley anything rewarding players or having little impact on the story or even how the event and story line unfolds.

The Quality of the events is an issue along with the Timing of events Aka Yesterday I held a 2 part event at 15:30 BST which lasted up to 17:00 BST then no less then 20 minutes after an Ping goes into Event Alert for another Planetary. Even though Players where holding training and other thing it didn't even allow for Players to do thing with there reg or even relax and do other things before another Planetary which will burn out player base and piss off Players because they can't do anything before another event.

There are many issues that are around But overall Quality over quantity needs to be the focus

swans-jailer

Drewbie

Staff member
Owner
Nov 30, 2015
I Spoke to Sleep after being back a Week to the server regarding Events and the lack of good events and how players were rising Issues with even sitting out events and not taking part. Example Whole Player base Siting down due to Turbo laser spam physically making it impossible to play along with more issues that were being raised.

With the events Currently it is frustrating to see as staff, I enjoy creating events that players enjoy, there is a lack of care for events at the moment, it is the same style events on repeat go kill ah wipe out the terrorist organisation. It's boring and looks lazy when Players are playing the same event just with a different host and skins. Staff barley hold interesting story lines Regs are told the same generic orders there is barley anything rewarding players or having little impact on the story or even how the event and story line unfolds.

The Quality of the events is an issue along with the Timing of events Aka Yesterday I held a 2 part event at 15:30 BST which lasted up to 17:00 BST then no less then 20 minutes after an Ping goes into Event Alert for another Planetary. Even though Players where holding training and other thing it didn't even allow for Players to do thing with there reg or even relax and do other things before another Planetary which will burn out player base and piss off Players because they can't do anything before another event.

There are many issues that are around But overall Quality over quantity needs to be the focus
Well said

swans-jailer
Jan 6, 2019
Undenied started doing votes for decisions in events and meant that RP for higherups could still involve the rest of the community and was like and RPG where you talked to people and got reputation. May just be me but I really liked that and showed that you cared about whole player base.

swans-jailer