Passive RP Rank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2018
In-game name: Jawa Thief/Wookie Bar Keeper Hairy

Type of suggestion(addon, bug, model, script): New Rank Idea

Reason for suggestion:
Hello Troopers!

I think we should add a new rank, this rank would be called something along the lines of "Passive RP" or anything close to that.

Reason for adding this rank would be so normal players, who do not have administrative powers would still be able to start Passive RP, without admins being on, or just without their help.

I was on today and was trying to do some RP, I wanted access to some props that i could use to be a bar keeper, as well as a few scrap items i could sell as a Jawa salesman. This meant that i had to get one of the admins to help me with this, luckly though there was a senior admin on the server, who trusted me enough to give me moderator temporarily, which helped a lot, but if he wasn't there this wouldn't have been possible. And it would have been a lot easier if i didn't have to talk to him in the first place.

So what i want for this rank, is to get some basic gmod tools such as: the toolgun and the physics gun, and then also have the power to spawn in props. Only wanting these things for the rank should mean that everyone should be able to qualify for that rank. As the rank would not have any commands there would be no reason to set the age limit that there is on staff ranks because of the legal issues. But the rank would still give the opportunity for normal roleplayers to start some RP.

I think that the rank should have a leader, kind of like the mentors had on CCRP. This leader should help choosing who gets the rank, so that random players who join the server can't just fuck around. The leader should either be a member of the staff team, or a respected member who the server management trusts.

Pros:
  • Easier RP when no staff is on.
  • Quicker set up of RP.
  • More options for RP between players.
  • Less work for staff team.

Cons:
  • Might be abuseable (Punishment for abuse, plus removal of rank)
  • Possible bad coordination between a passive rp player, and the staff team, so they start event and rp at the same time. (Staff can just tell them to stop)

Feel free to discuss in the comments.

-Former senior admin Hairy Butter

swans-jailer
Oct 14, 2018
In-game name: Jawa Thief/Wookie Bar Keeper Hairy

Type of suggestion(addon, bug, model, script): New Rank Idea

Reason for suggestion:
Hello Troopers!

I think we should add a new rank, this rank would be called something along the lines of "Passive RP" or anything close to that.

Reason for adding this rank would be so normal players, who do not have administrative powers would still be able to start Passive RP, without admins being on, or just without their help.

I was on today and was trying to do some RP, I wanted access to some props that i could use to be a bar keeper, as well as a few scrap items i could sell as a Jawa salesman. This meant that i had to get one of the admins to help me with this, luckly though there was a senior admin on the server, who trusted me enough to give me moderator temporarily, which helped a lot, but if he wasn't there this wouldn't have been possible. And it would have been a lot easier if i didn't have to talk to him in the first place.

So what i want for this rank, is to get some basic gmod tools such as: the toolgun and the physics gun, and then also have the power to spawn in props. Only wanting these things for the rank should mean that everyone should be able to qualify for that rank. As the rank would not have any commands there would be no reason to set the age limit that there is on staff ranks because of the legal issues. But the rank would still give the opportunity for normal roleplayers to start some RP.

I think that the rank should have a leader, kind of like the mentors had on CCRP. This leader should help choosing who gets the rank, so that random players who join the server can't just fuck around. The leader should either be a member of the staff team, or a respected member who the server management trusts.

Pros:
  • Easier RP when no staff is on.
  • Quicker set up of RP.
  • More options for RP between players.
  • Less work for staff team.

Cons:
  • Might be abuseable (Punishment for abuse, plus removal of rank)
  • Possible bad coordination between a passive rp player, and the staff team, so they start event and rp at the same time. (Staff can just tell them to stop)

Feel free to discuss in the comments.

-Former senior admin Hairy Butter
+1 I like this idea. It shows we can do something without admins

swans-jailer

Alexware02

Staff member
Server Staff
Dec 7, 2018
Stockholm, Sweden
It would be nice to have some kind of rank handed out to trusted members of the community who can do Passive RP events since it'll give staff members a little less work and stress from people spamming "when will there be an event", "Why is there no event?!?!?", "Admin, can you do an event" while we are doing stuff or there was one recent.

swans-jailer
Last edited:
Jan 27, 2018
It would be nice to have some kind of rank handed out to trusted members of the community who can do Passive RP events since it'll give staff members a little less work and stress from people spamming "when will there be an event", "Why is there no event?!?!?", "Admin, can you do an event" while we are doing stuff or there was one recent.
Exactly!

swans-jailer
Status
Not open for further replies.