Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Bestt

Staff member
Server Staff
Premium
Dec 14, 2018
WARNING:
My steam profile has 1 VAC ban and 1 game ban.
Modern Warfare 2 and Infinite warfare.
This was in protest to the developers of the game for ripping off customers.
The last ban was 761 days ago.

Now I have declared that we can get down to the details of me.

Basics

In-Game Name: Mr.Bestt ™
Steam Name: MrBestt ™
Steam Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TrashGopnik/
Location and Timezone: United Kingdom and BST.
When did I join: December 2018. Was active until the first week of January due to my computer setting alight was inactive until about 3-4 week ago.
Discord name: Mr.Best

Experiences

BlazinGaming
I was staff on a Darkrp server called BlazinGamin in I think 2015-2016.
I bought the rank Donor-Mod and progressed up to Super-Admin. This was all within about 8-9 months and I left due complications with staff later explained in this application.
I haven’t used ULX since then but I’m a fast learner and have the memory of an elephant.
Difficult situations
Due to the server's policy there was a minimum age for staff I think 14 if I'm not mistaken. But if you bought donor-mod this didn’t count. There was a staff member aged 12-13 and was completely childish and could tell from the off-set he bought the rank to be a minge due to the low price of £15. The owner and other superadmins didn’t agree that he was a minge so due to this I said I’m not being staff if he’s going to get promoted to admin. Later on, he was promoted to admin and I left to avoid anything escalating and me getting any bother from the situation. Turns out in the end they demoted him and banned him because he banned the whole server.
Looking back 5 years later... It's just ridiculous and if there were any problems with staff members whatever it may be. You just need to either work it out or leave each other alone and be civil. Nothing needs to turn toxic or be shared to the players to ruin their thought of the staff.
This is the only difficult situation I can remember due to it being so long ago.

What can I bring:
Whenever I’m rping I can go to reports straight away if I’m not on the server and someone is mass rdming or there is a report a player has reported in discord I can jump on at any time.

My playing hours vary but I tend to stay online most nights from about 3-5pm till 2am-4am which is normally when staff are offline and minges come out to play.

When I’m representing someone or something, I take great care in what how I’m presented and how other people will see me. This is essential in the integrity of the players view to staff and how they should play on the server.
Reports and what I’d do.

Most common reports are (I think) RDM, RDA, NLR and not advertising. I'll explain these first. Our players are Jimmy512 and Xx_Julie_xX.

In all situations and reports its important to de-escalate the situation straight away. This helps the staff and players. As much as we all try not to judge straight away, we do. Helping both players calm down and take turns telling their turns of events give staff and the other player fair judgement. This can help players not get a warn in the end, it can help them become friends in the end and all together be happier on the server which is our aim to ensure all players are enjoying their experience.

RDM
Jimmy512 has made a report of Xx_Julie_xX rdming him.
I claim the report and ask what happened. I’d ask Jimmy512 to go first and tell Xx_Julie_xX to go second and not to interrupt to ensure there isn’t an escalation in the sit.
Jimmy512 says Xx_Julie_xX came up to him and killed him for no reason. I then ask Xx_Julie_xX what her turn of events are and she says Jimmy512 tried mugging her and even advertised it. I check chat and surely enough Xx_Julie_xX is telling the truth I say to Jimmy512 do you understand the situation now and if he agrees then all is good and no one gets warned the Xx_Julie_xX is apologized to.
If Jimmy512 still feels like he’s been wronged I end the case so Xx_Julie_xX can get back to rping and I explain the whole situation to him. A reason he could disagree is because Xx_Julie_xX pulled out her weapon and killed him even though he was mugging her. I would then explain fearrp is not enforced on this server for the multiple reasons it's not realistic. Hopefully Jimmy512 would agree with the situation after this.

NLR
Xx_Julie_xX has reported Jimmy 512 for NLR.
Again, I claim the report and ask what happened. I’d ask Xx_Julie_xX to go first and tell Jimmy512 to go second and not to interrupt to ensure there isn’t an escalation in the sit.
Xx_Julie_xX is raiding some player and Jimmy512 is a cop and had seen the situation and started to engage. Xx_Julie_xX shoots and killed Jimmy512 and Jimmy512 respawns and comes back wanting more he’s determined to wipe that smirk off Xx_Julie_xX’s face.
I ask Jimmy512 if this was true and he agree’s I explain to Jimmy512 that he can’t remember anything from his previous death and once respawned you don’t go back to that area within 2 minutes and you still after those 2 minutes don’t remember a thing and do no re-engage in the raid. Jimmy512 knew this but just wanted to go back and kill her. I warn him for NLR and end the sit. I then monitor Jimmy512 until the raid is over to ensure he doesn’t go back.

RDA
Xx_Julie_xX has reported Jimmy512 for RDA.
Again, I claim the report and ask what happened. I’d ask Xx_Julie_xX to go first and tell Jimmy512 to go second and not to interrupt to ensure there isn’t an escalation in the sit.
If there isn’t a good enough reason for the arrest, I then tell Jimmy why it’s not good enough and ask Xx_Julie_xX what she would like done about the situation either a warning or a verbal and throughout the session ensure Jimmy512 is arresting for the right reasons and no more reports are made.

Not advertising
Jimmy512 has reported Xx_Julie_xX for not adverting a raid.
Again, I claim the report and ask what happened. I’d ask Jimmy512 to go first and tell Xx_Julie_xX to go second and not to interrupt to ensure there isn’t an escalation in the sit.
Jimmy512 basically says Xx_Julie_xX raided him and didn’t advertise. I check with Xx_Julie_xX and she said she never knew she had to. I ask Jimmy512 what he’d like done with the sit and he wants her warned for not advertising.
In this case Xx_Julie_xX is a new player and just joined I say to Jimmy512 that I’m giving Xx_Julie_xX the benefit of doubt and give her a verbal warning and give her the link to the rules on the website. Jimmy512 is okay with this and I then close the sit.

Unexpected Problems
In any situations I don’t understand or don’t know who to believe or what the outcome should be I ask for video evidence and if there is video evidence and I still don’t know what to do I’d ask my mentor or another staff member to help out.
Other situations
Situations such as mass rdm or mass rda, racism will be dealt with swiftly and depending on the seriousness of the situation will be banned for a cooldown period 1-2 hours or if very serious ban for at least a week and ask my mentor what they think if the ban should be reduced or extended.

Recordings
I record all situations and engagement with players. If anyone has felt wronged or felt I done something wrong there is recordings defending me or showing that they were correct. I'm a honest guy and would admit to anything I am at fault.

Don't know how to end this.
Hello?

swans-jailer
Last edited:
Feb 18, 2019
Whoops, misread the application.
I earlier made a comment on the application.
Looks like I'm illiterate and didn't know this was an example.
You're on quite often, you seem to know the rules.
It is a very well made application but I've never really seen you in any sort of report to judge your rule knowledge.
Maybe that's a good thing because you've never been reported?
-rep for misspelling "infinite warfare" in your application.
Haha jk
+rep

swans-jailer

Mr.Bestt

Staff member
Server Staff
Premium
Dec 14, 2018
Whoops, misread the application.
I earlier made a comment on the application.
Looks like I'm illiterate and didn't know this was an example.
You're on quite often, you seem to know the rules.
It is a very well made application but I've never really seen you in any sort of report to judge your rule knowledge.
Maybe that's a good thing because you've never been reported?
-rep for misspelling "infinite warfare" in your application.
Haha jk
+rep
I've been reported for pole sniping. I was on top of the spawn building and not using the crew addon that much i didn't read the crew rules and never knew it wasn't allowed. Got warned. Only warn I have though.
EDIT:
Got 2 other reports aswell both RDM. Both had video evidence proving otherwise and were overturned.

swans-jailer
Status
Not open for further replies.