Staff member
Senior Staff
Server Staff
SWRP Event Staff
Premium
VIP
Jul 1, 2018
England
So as Mingos friend my opinion may fall under biased so take it into consideration or don't.

With regards to the scripting situation I don't believe that the ban should be revoked, only reduced, this is because in the 3 - 4 months since the initial incident Mingo has been nothing but an asset to the community, showing no signs of attempting to script on the server again(to my knowledge).

Additionally, over discord, I've seen more than enough evidence to convince me that Mingo made a genuine mistake when scripting back in May.

Because I believe the scripting to be a genuine mistake, I hope the staff team have a more human approach to the case, understanding that in the given context it was an easy mistake to make.
The way Mingo speaks about the situation makes it seem like he tested the scripts a lot for this friend.
I don't believe for a second that he didn't know about this "streamer mode".

You also told me that it was a Counter-Strike Source script. Yet you later said that you decided to test it on GMOD. Some things you say dont add up.

Mingo, when admitting to me what you had done, you decided to mention how the server has "benefitted" from you since you hadn't been banned, referencing to you purchasing Jedi. Purchasing roles doesn't mean that rules dont apply to you, if anything, you have to follow even more rules.

swans-jailer
May 28, 2019
Israel
The way Mingo speaks about the situation makes it seem like he tested the scripts a lot for this friend.
I don't believe for a second that he didn't know about this "streamer mode".

You also told me that it was a Counter-Strike Source script. Yet you later said that you decided to test it on GMOD. Some things you say dont add up.

Mingo, when admitting to me what you had done, you decided to mention how the server has "benefitted" from you since you hadn't been banned, referencing to you purchasing Jedi. Purchasing roles doesn't mean that rules dont apply to you, if anything, you have to follow even more rules.
When we talked about this me and you I remember me saying "when I say that the community benefited from me I don't mean I bought this and this and that so I'm above the law of course not" I made sure I specifically make it clear that this is what I meant, and you agreed with me and I said I'm very active as well and you followed by saying yes you are one of our most active jedi

swans-jailer

Alexware02

Staff member
Senior Staff
Server Staff
SWRP Event Staff
Dec 7, 2018
Stockholm, Sweden
When we talked about this me and you I remember me saying "when I say that the community benefited from me I don't mean I bought this and this and that so I'm above the law of course not" I made sure I specifically make it clear that this is what I meant, and you agreed with me and I said I'm very active as well and you followed by saying yes you are one of our most active jedi
If I may ask. In what way is the entire Community benefiting from you being active?

swans-jailer
May 28, 2019
Israel
UI

If I may ask. In what way is the entire Community benefiting from you?
I am a very active member, many times I woke up and played all day till it was midnight and ever past that, even reaching 12h on 1 day
and I probably reached 14h I just don't have a screen shot of that
9a907ed733e747369ea3f3b396c7728c.png
I also take my RP seriously and enjoy my time on the server and recommend it to some of my ex swrp friends

swans-jailer

Alexware02

Staff member
Senior Staff
Server Staff
SWRP Event Staff
Dec 7, 2018
Stockholm, Sweden
I am a very active member, many times I woke up and played all day till it was midnight and ever past that, even reaching 12h on 1 day
and I probably reached 14h I just don't have a screen shot of that
So 1 Active player contribites to the entire community? It's not like your the only active person and we won't suffer from you being banned...

swans-jailer
Reactions: Tree
May 28, 2019
Israel
So 1 Active player contribites to the entire community? It's not like your the only active person and we won't suffer from you being banned...
Back a couple weeks ago when the server peak was around 20-35 players it did matter and it still is active players is always good specially very active like me
I also try to bring my regiment together to come online for sims that I host specially when the server peak was starting to drop down 1 week I even did sims daily they even got a unique nickname in the reg "mingo sims" I do admit some of them weren't the best so this nickname is a bit not that positive but it is proof that I do try to bring together the regiment and make players more active, I am a good officer and a trooper, messaging inactive people asking them to put an loa on if they are away, I host tons of tryouts and try the best for my regiment the point is that when Im online im doing good

swans-jailer
Reactions: Vapour
Mar 18, 2019
Back a couple weeks ago when the server peak was around 20-35 players it did matter and it still is active players is always good specially very active like me
I also try to bring my regiment together to come online for sims that I host specially when the server peak was starting to drop down 1 week I even did sims daily they even got a unique nickname in the reg "mingo sims" I do admit some of them weren't the best so this nickname is a bit not that positive but it is proof that I do try to bring together the regiment and make players more active, I am a good officer and a trooper, messaging inactive people asking them to put an loa on if they are away, I host tons of tryouts and try the best for my regiment the point is that when Im online im doing good
Doesn't excuse the fact that you Constantly lied to everyone.

swans-jailer
May 28, 2019
Israel
Doesn't excuse the fact that you Constantly lied to everyone.
Do you even read whats going on here?
Cause it seems you didn't read bill's message and did you even see what I answered to? and of course it's not an excuse
That's all the point of this appel me apologizing to everyone who has been affected about my stupid actions and decisions

swans-jailer
Mar 18, 2019
Do you even read whats going on here?
Cause it seems you didn't read bill's message and did you even see what I answered to? and of course it's not an excuse
That's all the point of this appel me apologizing to everyone who has been affected about my stupid actions and decisions
The way you respond to everyone makes it seem like you aren't sorry you convey the message in a aggressive tone.

swans-jailer

DeathShadow

Community Manager
Premium
VIP
Mar 2, 2017
Germany or Portugal
drewscommunity.com
I'm gonna be real strict.
The use of cheats is a permanent ban. It's rule number 1. It doesn't matter if you were testing for a friend or forgot to turn the hacks off. You got caught and you face the consequences.
In an exam if you get caught with a cheat sheet or whatever, even if you didnt use or intend to use it, you fail the exam. Why? Because:
1. It's unfair for others
2. We cannot prove if you really intended to use them or not, nor if you used it

So, unfortunately it means you will stay banned.
However, I'm also known to grant a 2nd and final opportunity. Heck in my uni if you get caught cheating you can repeat the class one final time, but you need to pass it the next time. Should you fail it or cheat again you are out.

I'm gonna speak with xirii and drew about this, to see what we can do. Should we decide to grant you a 2nd chance it will come back with some drawbacks, like account reset, back to cadet and youngling, but nothing is certain.

For now the ban stays.

We will update you soon.

(Thread open for the next 24h to allow further discussion or adding of details. Unrelevant data will be removed and the subject warned.)

swans-jailer

Xirii

Supreme Meme
DPRK
Nov 30, 2015
Hull, GB
You are frankly filing an appeal for what I would consider a "capital" offence two days after the incident, that is pretty bold.

As a complete outsider and reading into your words and the opinions of others, it seems you have difficulty keeping your story straight.

That distinct lack of sincerity and the wide variations in the story suggest your cheating was systematic, planned and intentional.

Based on this, I would find it extremely difficult not to believe you wouldn't cheat, but that you couldn't play without cheating. It suggests that this is something you have done before on other communities based on your extensive excuses and DC is yet another server on your checklist.

I do not see any reason to overturn this ban so soon, and you give me no reasoning in any of your posts to reduce the ban other than a mild and meek "I won't do it again".

This appeal is rejected, and all subsequent appeals will be rejected until 13/08/2020.

swans-jailer
Status
Not open for further replies.