Add-ons Medical Script

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewbie

Staff member
Owner
Nov 30, 2015
Hi everyone! now that we are on a roll and many suggestions are coming up regarding maps, playermodels, lfs you name it. I was therefor looking for what addons I have and I own loads of scripts on gmodstore, and I found one that looks like a good fit for CloneWarsRP. I actually bought this a long time ago for SWRP, but never did put it in.

So take a look at this and tell us your opinion!

Pros:
- A better experience playing as medic
- Levels of first aid (should normal soldiers carry small bandages to prevent bleeding and then medics have defibs for instance?)
- RP (Medical courses). This is actually something that could be really fun, when I was in the army my specialty was "combat medic" (non white cross). There we had level 2 and level 3 (level 2 was the ordinary course every soldier must take, mostly to prevent bleeding and carry a pack of bandages), (Level 3 was more advanced, which is defibs, transfusion etc). I think in an RP scenario it would be fun for medics to host medical training for all troopers so they can become level 2.
- Loads of config (we can probably configure it just the way we want)

Cons:
- Could be a bit hard to nail the configs right

swans-jailer
Reactions: Jimmy
Dec 14, 2019
Okay you wanted someone to post on forums.
I gotchu bro.

As a medical officer i should comment on my feelings against or for this.
Really im just a little bitch cause i like the old stuff and rarely want to change what i am comfortable with at the moment.

But when it comes to this i really feel it removes a bit of the point when it comes to medical rp.
See medical rp is all about how the clone wants to be medical rped. Either, we revive him and he shakes it off and runs forward into battle again. Or he cries and says his leg is wounded and begs us to help him fix his leg.
See i like this cause it doesn't put all the pressure on the medics to do the rp and instead puts it on the clone himself. That way it not only makes us more connected but also does what is comfortable for the clone. If he today really doesn't feel like doing this whole medical shenanigans but tommorow does that's fine. And if your curious as to how i feel, then don't worry i find myself in the medic rank and as the ''best medic in the game'' (def not selfcrowned myself that) i always do what the clone wants. HOWEVER, the quality of how i do it varies on mood and how people are feeling. This gives more of a realism mood in my opinion as a doctor would probally do worse and not as much small talking if he ain't happy however on the flipside he would talk and do better if he is.

Atleast as for the actual addon itself, it looks dope but things in it would annoy me. First of all the models look old and the defibs give me a anurism, we could potenitally swap the models out for the normal defibs? I don't know coding stuff so i can't say for sure.
Secondly, from what we have been saying in cantina bandages would be given out to every player, but better and defibs for medics would set it apart.
What i see as ht problem is that if people have bandages, they will sit in a corner and use their bandages untill their full. They wouldn't seek a medics help and the medic would get less to do than they already have. (with the dipping player count) I have played medic now for maybe a month or two and i noticed something during this period. PEOPLE HAVE SUCH A FUCKING HARD TIME ASKING FOR HEALS. I DON'T CARE IF YOU CAN ''MANAGE'' WITHOUT HEALING. MAX HP IS 900 AND YOUR AT 450 THEN LET ME TAP YOU THREE FUCKING TIMES AND YOUR FULL. LEGIT I GET SO GOD DAMN MAD CAUSE THEN THEY COME RUNNING BACK 10 SECONDS LATER AT 5 HP SAYING ''Oh please heal me i may have been wrong'' OH YOU THINK? AND THAT'S IF THEIR LUCKY, MOST OF THE TIME THEY COME BACK FUCKING DEAD.

And this was Jimmy rambles. Appriciate you trying to come up with new things Drew, keep it up man!
Thank you for listening.

swans-jailer
Reactions: Shanks
May 11, 2019
Okay you wanted someone to post on forums.
I gotchu bro.

As a medical officer i should comment on my feelings against or for this.
Really im just a little bitch cause i like the old stuff and rarely want to change what i am comfortable with at the moment.

But when it comes to this i really feel it removes a bit of the point when it comes to medical rp.
See medical rp is all about how the clone wants to be medical rped. Either, we revive him and he shakes it off and runs forward into battle again. Or he cries and says his leg is wounded and begs us to help him fix his leg.
See i like this cause it doesn't put all the pressure on the medics to do the rp and instead puts it on the clone himself. That way it not only makes us more connected but also does what is comfortable for the clone. If he today really doesn't feel like doing this whole medical shenanigans but tommorow does that's fine. And if your curious as to how i feel, then don't worry i find myself in the medic rank and as the ''best medic in the game'' (def not selfcrowned myself that) i always do what the clone wants. HOWEVER, the quality of how i do it varies on mood and how people are feeling. This gives more of a realism mood in my opinion as a doctor would probally do worse and not as much small talking if he ain't happy however on the flipside he would talk and do better if he is.

Atleast as for the actual addon itself, it looks dope but things in it would annoy me. First of all the models look old and the defibs give me a anurism, we could potenitally swap the models out for the normal defibs? I don't know coding stuff so i can't say for sure.
Secondly, from what we have been saying in cantina bandages would be given out to every player, but better and defibs for medics would set it apart.
What i see as ht problem is that if people have bandages, they will sit in a corner and use their bandages untill their full. They wouldn't seek a medics help and the medic would get less to do than they already have. (with the dipping player count) I have played medic now for maybe a month or two and i noticed something during this period. PEOPLE HAVE SUCH A FUCKING HARD TIME ASKING FOR HEALS. I DON'T CARE IF YOU CAN ''MANAGE'' WITHOUT HEALING. MAX HP IS 900 AND YOUR AT 450 THEN LET ME TAP YOU THREE FUCKING TIMES AND YOUR FULL. LEGIT I GET SO GOD DAMN MAD CAUSE THEN THEY COME RUNNING BACK 10 SECONDS LATER AT 5 HP SAYING ''Oh please heal me i may have been wrong'' OH YOU THINK? AND THAT'S IF THEIR LUCKY, MOST OF THE TIME THEY COME BACK FUCKING DEAD.

And this was Jimmy rambles. Appriciate you trying to come up with new things Drew, keep it up man!
Thank you for listening.
ok

swans-jailer
  • Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: Jimmy and Shanks
Jan 6, 2019
I agree with Jimmy. It looks good but there are issues and in some cases medics use will go down as people would just self heal. I can guarantee that people who aren’t medics will do med Rp on others as they have bandages and feel they are qualified to do medical stuff. It could be worth a test run for next update then give it a month and see how it goes

swans-jailer
Status
Not open for further replies.