Age (Must be 16+, You may be asked to provide ID): 18
Timezone: GMT+1

Activity

How many regiments are you apart of: Actively 3 Having 7
Which Character do you play most:ARC Trainee
How long you play during the week per day: 1-3h atleast
How long you play during the weekend per day: 2-10h atleast

Previous Punishments

We can check these things so do not lie.
Any previous punishments on the SWRP server: 15 min for tresspassing, one warning for failRP
Any previous punishments on other DC servers: No

About you

What makes you stand out from other Applicants: I think i stand out because i can follow tasks people give me and that i try to get a general idea before having an opinion about something
Tell us about you: I am reliable and you can always count on me most of the time i am always available even at night.
Choose ONE personality trait that describes you the best: Reliable
Why should we choose you over other Applicants:I think that i would fit in that role because i am a quick learner and that i follow tasks and orders someone gives me.

Experience

Have you ever been staff on a SWRP server: No
If yes, What were your duties: N/A
Have you ever been staff on a GMOD server: No
If yes, What were your duties: N/A
Have you ever been staff on an Online Community: Yes
If yes, What were your duties: Bring some order in the Chaos, doing the stuff no one else wanted to do like kicking and banning people

Scenarios

You catch a EOD 1st LT killing random CT's late at night. The LT claims that it is "Downtime" so its ok, What do you do?

The EOD isnt existing any more but if someone would kill CT's i would give him a warning and would kick/ban him.

You are playing with your friends during an Event. You catch your friend and a CT both breaking rules and minging, What do you do?

As someone who is treating every person the same i would pick the CT and my friend aside warning both of them and if i see it happenes again i would kick/ban them.

You catch a staff member abusing their powers and being rude to players, What do you do?

Warn him about it and say i would report it to the higher ups and if i catch him again report him.

Something has popped up and you will not be able to come onto the server for a while, but you have already posted an Event plan for the night. What steps do you take?

1. Try to fix why i cant get onto the server
2. Try to get someone who can either follow my Event plant or doing another Event plan.
3. Abort the Event completly and apologize to the server

Declaration

Do you understand that your application may not be successful and that asking about your application may result in instant denial: Yes

**This is a legal requirement. Applying when not 16 years of age or above by means of deception is considered fraudulent and is punishable to the maximum extent possible under UK Law. Your account may be terminated from Drew's Community both in-game on all servers and on the forums.

swans-jailer
Alright, hello I'm here

Lets try a new layout : 3

So this application gets pretty much striaght to the point which can either be good or bad depending on your point so lets talk about that.

Your main points about yourself is as follows, you are reliable, you are a quick learner and you are capable of doing tasks when ordered (a good listener : P), Alright as you can see I summarised your third point as it is a bit jumbled in the application anywho I will continue, in order to see if you are a good fit for the staff team I will have to put these traits into multiple situations to see if they fit.

You are on the server nothing is going on and people are getting bored, What do you do?

Now here it reaches a bit of a obstacle if we consider that you are brand new and don't know anything then Adaptibity might be something to work on however in most situations you will already know how to run events etc then the Reliability helps you here.

The 41st and RC are in a disagreement over certain tactics used in a mission and have went hostile in the OOC, What do you do?

In a situation like this you need to know both sides of the story before getting both parties together in order to resolve the problem therefore you need to listen to each side of the debate then be firm and strict to stop things getting out of hand, then using the information given to you and once each side has debated their point decide on what action will be taken in order for the arguing to stop.

So the TL ; DR in something like this you need to listen to people, be confident in your decisions and show authority to stop it escalating which you have some aspects but not all of them so something to work on again.

You get the picture, You have good aspects for a staff (Which of course need proved as always) and areas to work.

Moving onto the questions

Question 1: Could do with a tad bit more detail like what you would say first but it answers the question.

Question 2: Okay as I have noticed we don't treat everyone the same no matter how hard we try, it's just called being human however the actions taken are fine though be sure to remember that attention to detail here is key as I have mentioned previously in different applications you need to take into account what rules each person has broken individually then punish each one accordingly, not every rule break is a warn for example DC is highly against any sort of racism so if that occured in this situation for example it's a likelihood someone is getting perma banned, just pay attention to those little things.

Question 3: I am getting the image of blackmailing someone "Warn him about it and say i would report it to the higher ups and if i catch him again report him." yeah that sounds a bit like blackmail, Personally I dislike this answer due to how it's set out, the better option would to just report it straight away so the people who are meant to deal with the staff eg the Staff manager can do their job and warn them instead of 1. You getting personally involved 2. Prolonging the problem as you won't be watching them 24/7 so the abuse will continue, All I will add to this is that it could do with an improvement.

Question 4: hmmm I love event plants but yeah this is a good answer but apologizing to the server about an event that they don't even know about is a bit much : 3

Overall/TL ; DR
Overall this application could of done with a bit more attention to the smaller details which sometimes can be shortened down but the right words need to be chosen for it to work however it was snappy, laid out your pros and stayed relevant so that is good.

I am going to stay Neutral on this but please take my points and work on them

(now I am going to sleep : P)

EDIT - I made a slight adjustment to the layout.

swans-jailer
Reactions: Green Bean
all bad experiences
abused clock
keep shooting at a surrened character
and very sarcastict and useing bad lanuage alot
Oh boy, cloak*, kept*, surrendered*, sarcastic* (that one was just mean from me but it's my best trait so you are getting corrected for that), using*, language*

I like you and all Mythic but no : )

swans-jailer

Green Bean

Staff member
Server Staff
VIP
Aug 13, 2018
USA
So, I have taken it upon myself as the self-proclaimed lurker of the DC SWRP forums to become the new "Rasputin" of the forums. Except I will not just lurk in Staff Apps, but in any forum I remember to check.

So getting on with it:

Mazy is an incredibly respectful and kind gamer from my experiences. I have nothing but positive encounters with you and have come to respect you very much. You are a very serious RPer from what I have seen and you follow orders incredibly well as mentioned in your application. You are also incredibly active. Whenever I join the server, I see you on. You are on of the few ARC besides Wilf I see on all the time.
Somehow gametracker only shows you (that I can find) as having ~97 hours, however I think you have become very active recently which is a big help.

You say that you are good at following orders, and that you are reliable. These are two valuable traits to the Staff Team* and the server. You also mention that you are a quick learner.

I can say from firsthand experience that you do follow orders very well and even call people out when they give "questionable orders" or they forget to do their jobs right!
eg. A couple days ago I was hosting a 501st vs Mixed Reg SIM and at some point everyone stopped following the rules, I changed the rules, and then forgot that I was OD! But you continued to follow the original rules that I had set and
politely reminded me to grant Jedi permission to leave.

In terms of reliability, I'm less able to speak on this trait, however as you mention, I see you on late into the night GMT.

Questions:

1.) You fail to mention that "Downtime" doesn't exist on our server or that your punishment depends on the severity of the offense, but still a solid textbook answer.

2.) I agree with what Rasputin said here and that it's hard to treat people equally, but it's good that you said you would punish both of them including your friend. Again as he mentioned, I would have liked to see more detail, perhaps something about you maybe punishing them differently because one is a CT and one is your friend who (I assume the question means this) is in a regiment. I would personally punish someone with a highish rank harsher because he/she has more experience than most CTs and should know the rules.

3.) Personally would have liked to see mention of evidence-gathering as empty reports mean nothing and have no basis. Obviously the Staff Manager would look into the claims, but only so much is possible with no evidence of any kind. Plus the punishment will be way less severe if you have no evidence. Also wish that you didn't mention waiting until you see abuse again to report it. Staff is meant to be held accountable for all of their actions.

4.) Sometimes life happens, you can't always get on and that's okay. You just need to let someone know that you won't be able to. I like how you say that you would try and get someone else to follow the event plan so that your event still happens and gives the players something fun to do!

Overall +1; you are dedicated, active, and have many of the traits that I personally feel make for good staff members. I think you'd be a great addition to the team and I hope that one day I can work with you!

*These things are my opinion and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Staff Team as a collective. Also due to my limited experience, these may be somewhat flawed, however I believe they are fitting.

swans-jailer
Reactions: Mazy

Mazy

Staff member
Server Staff
Aug 19, 2018
Berlin Germany
So, I have taken it upon myself as the self-proclaimed lurker of the DC SWRP forums to become the new "Rasputin" of the forums. Except I will not just lurk in Staff Apps, but in any forum I remember to check.

So getting on with it:

Mazy is an incredibly respectful and kind gamer from my experiences. I have nothing but positive encounters with you and have come to respect you very much. You are a very serious RPer from what I have seen and you follow orders incredibly well as mentioned in your application. You are also incredibly active. Whenever I join the server, I see you on. You are on of the few ARC besides Wilf I see on all the time.
Somehow gametracker only shows you (that I can find) as having ~97 hours, however I think you have become very active recently which is a big help.

You say that you are good at following orders, and that you are reliable. These are two valuable traits to the Staff Team* and the server. You also mention that you are a quick learner.

I can say from firsthand experience that you do follow orders very well and even call people out when they give "questionable orders" or they forget to do their jobs right!
eg. A couple days ago I was hosting a 501st vs Mixed Reg SIM and at some point everyone stopped following the rules, I changed the rules, and then forgot that I was OD! But you continued to follow the original rules that I had set and
politely reminded me to grant Jedi permission to leave.

In terms of reliability, I'm less able to speak on this trait, however as you mention, I see you on late into the night GMT.

Questions:

1.) You fail to mention that "Downtime" doesn't exist on our server or that your punishment depends on the severity of the offense, but still a solid textbook answer.

2.) I agree with what Rasputin said here and that it's hard to treat people equally, but it's good that you said you would punish both of them including your friend. Again as he mentioned, I would have liked to see more detail, perhaps something about you maybe punishing them differently because one is a CT and one is your friend who (I assume the question means this) is in a regiment. I would personally punish someone with a highish rank harsher because he/she has more experience than most CTs and should know the rules.

3.) Personally would have liked to see mention of evidence-gathering as empty reports mean nothing and have no basis. Obviously the Staff Manager would look into the claims, but only so much is possible with no evidence of any kind. Plus the punishment will be way less severe if you have no evidence. Also wish that you didn't mention waiting until you see abuse again to report it. Staff is meant to be held accountable for all of their actions.

4.) Sometimes life happens, you can't always get on and that's okay. You just need to let someone know that you won't be able to. I like how you say that you would try and get someone else to follow the event plan so that your event still happens and gives the players something fun to do!

Overall +1; you are dedicated, active, and have many of the traits that I personally feel make for good staff members. I think you'd be a great addition to the team and I hope that one day I can work with you!

*These things are my opinion and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Staff Team as a collective. Also due to my limited experience, these may be somewhat flawed, however I believe they are fitting.
The 97ish hours comes together bc I played on 3 names. Combined I should have way more than 200+h

swans-jailer

Green Bean

Staff member
Server Staff
VIP
Aug 13, 2018
USA
The 97ish hours comes together bc I played on 3 names. Combined I should have way more than 200+h
Yeah I figured. I tried searching for every available alias you have had and came up dry but I’m sure you’re like me and change your name all the time. I change mine at least twice a day XD

swans-jailer
Status
Not open for further replies.