Making commando droids more like actual commando droids

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 14, 2019
In-game name: 212th G CPT 1213 Jim / Onaconda Farr
Type of suggestion(addon, bug, model, script): I want to make commando droids more like the actual commando droids. (This includes agility suit and the vibro sword under.)
Reason for suggestion: I got the idea about agility suit from Tree, cause in the clone wars series the commando droids are really really agile jumping around in a small area hence why the agility suit would fit them. (Would also give Shadow more of a challenge in trying to kill them instead of just three hitting them.) ALso the vibro blade was used by the commando droids aswell so again a better picture of how commando droids actually are.
Pros: Feels like it would give more people a better view of how actual commandos are. Would give shadow more of a competition and maybe more in depth events. I think the vibro sword addon is fairly small (like 2 mb).
Cons: Could be abused as a commando droid. Simply running around slaughtering low healths with the vibro blade whilst jumping around. Gotta make sure to give the right person it or there will be problems. Might only be able to use this in open maps such as planetaries or venator vs providence cause on the venator it would most likely be abused.
Link to suggestion if it has one: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1827305571&searchtext=vibro+sword

Thought forums was a bit dead so went looking for this after i got a idea from Tree. Thanks Tree, very cool!

swans-jailer
Dec 14, 2019
Okay. Ill re word then after hearing Skrilley. How about we just make commando droids use agility suits instead? But leave the vibro sword out of it? Cause it feels like a easy way to give shadow a bigger challenge and give the droids a bit more depth.

swans-jailer
Aug 26, 2018
I think this could be good. Actual commandos that don't just walk around like every other droid would be neat.

Problem with the sword is that it requires another addon to work and that addon is relatively large. Maybe that could work, I'm for the idea of the sword anyway.

I see no issues with giving commando droids agility suits. They're already on the server and would provide a new enemy.

+1

swans-jailer
Dec 14, 2019
I like the first part of using the agility suit (What we already have on the server)
However i see very little point in providing such detail to characters we dont often use for everyday events.
I mean i see where your comming from. But we do kinda use theese guys pretty much every day. Atleast most the events i am in or have been apart off it's typically ''send in a squad of commando droids to extract information or grab a hostage or sumthing alone thoose lines. And then get out''. So i don't really agree there atleast.

swans-jailer
Status
Not open for further replies.