Not open for further replies.

Dom The Dangerous

Supreme Meme
Server Staff
SWRP Event Staff
Premium
Feb 9, 2017
United Kingdom
NGL Its gonna take a whole lot to bring Drews back in its current state but a last resort idea could be changing game mode or time, like we could change to a MilRP game mode or change to Imperial or something unique like Old republic and transfer Dono stuff over as new things like RC, would be made into Havoc squad or Imperial commandos Just an idea that I think could work as a last resort of the CWRP is dead for good.
Good thought pal but if we switch on such a sparse player count you'll lose more than you'll gain, maybe if we were hitting 50/60 and the player base at the time was up for it. But I don't see that helping us right now.

swans-jailer

Dom The Dangerous

Supreme Meme
Server Staff
SWRP Event Staff
Premium
Feb 9, 2017
United Kingdom
Yeah i agree with youon all parts. As for the RC i also agree, however i do have a input on it or rather a addition. I know this is going in on details but i believe you should add a sharpshooter role to that aswell. But i agree the RC should feel more special, seeing as pretty much everyone has it now.
yeah stuff like this would be down for consideration when making the classes etc

swans-jailer

Drewbie

Staff member
Owner
Nov 30, 2015
There are a lot of good ideas that can work, but let me explain what I don't think will work:

1. Shutting down the server to totally rework it. People will go to other servers or other games. And there are no big gmod platforms anymore to advertise servers on that people really follow. I think closing it down/shutting it down will only hurt us. Look at CCRP we've done it several times and it does give a good boost the first few days but after it drops.

2. Removing more regiments. We've already slashed down sub regiments and other regiments that we didn't have players to uphold. And tbh it has not really worked positive or negative, it didn't give us any growth but it didn't hurt us. I think cutting further down will just limit how people that come into the server see it. Oh you only got 3 regiments, ain't gonna play this shit. We've always had a bunch of regiments to offer (before we were big as well).

There are many other things I think could work like a purge of ranks, levels, change the theme to phase one or battlefront for that matter. And it could be other alternatives as well. But gmod is what it is now and it gets harder everyday recruiting new players. And I think every other server notices that as well. Regardless to really attract people again we need a big change. Otherwise we must slowly try to rebuild an hope for the best.

swans-jailer

Utopia

Utopia
Staff member
Server Staff
Senior Staff
SWRP Event Staff
Jan 6, 2019
Other thing I’d say is this sounds like all or nothing. Say jobs are changed ranks reset. Some people are going to say fuck it I’m not playing then your relying on at least potentially 20+ new people and players returning to make any of it worth it. And it’s like before with other “big changes” people stay play for a week or two then leave. If we were maxing 10 players I’d understand but we are still reaching 30 on good days.

swans-jailer

Dom The Dangerous

Supreme Meme
Server Staff
SWRP Event Staff
Premium
Feb 9, 2017
United Kingdom
There are a lot of good ideas that can work, but let me explain what I don't think will work:

1. Shutting down the server to totally rework it. People will go to other servers or other games. And there are no big gmod platforms anymore to advertise servers on that people really follow. I think closing it down/shutting it down will only hurt us. Look at CCRP we've done it several times and it does give a good boost the first few days but after it drops.

2. Removing more regiments. We've already slashed down sub regiments and other regiments that we didn't have players to uphold. And tbh it has not really worked positive or negative, it didn't give us any growth but it didn't hurt us. I think cutting further down will just limit how people that come into the server see it. Oh you only got 3 regiments, ain't gonna play this shit. We've always had a bunch of regiments to offer (before we were big as well).

There are many other things I think could work like a purge of ranks, levels, change the theme to phase one or battlefront for that matter. And it could be other alternatives as well. But gmod is what it is now and it gets harder everyday recruiting new players. And I think every other server notices that as well. Regardless to really attract people again we need a big change. Otherwise we must slowly try to rebuild an hope for the best.
In regards to shutting down I'm talking a couple day window. Just to create a bit of hype, maybe goes off wednesday(any wednesday just theoretical) with a massive event chain leading up to it then re open friday. Creates hype and allows people to go a bit wild for a couple of days before it and gives them a couple day break from getting burnt out. I understand completely wiping ranks will turn people away but then again COs have all the freedom, 501st Current CO gets accepted as the new CO, okay he can now choose a EXO to help him and some officers aswell. The rank ups will be very quick in the first week as it is VITAL to setup a leadership system. All of this obviously comes under the watch of the Fleet team behind it.

It's less the amount of roles and more the complication behind them.
SC and ARC are a really good concept but pull players away from base regiments, higher ups like LTs and SGTs who could
host trainings etc.
Generals, we dont need em. These are higher ups that could constantly be in regiments as MCOs or just FLEET YAKNOW
And fleet is easier to organise than FLEET ONI NAVI REEEEEEEEE

Changing the model base would help to create more of that fresh feeling aswell.
Also why the fuck is the server size 4x that of other SWRP servers?
Do we really need 8.5GB of content?
Thats a whole fucking game back in the day like

swans-jailer

Utopia

Utopia
Staff member
Server Staff
Senior Staff
SWRP Event Staff
Jan 6, 2019
I remember it being 50+ on good days
People do realise that Gmod is an old game and we can’t just create players. More popular servers now get those numbers rather than 80-100. They are now at 50-70 on good days. In comparison to them Drew’s isn’t doing bad.

swans-jailer
Dec 14, 2019
People do realise that Gmod is an old game and we can’t just create players. More popular servers now get those numbers rather than 80-100. They are now at 50-70 on good days. In comparison to them Drew’s isn’t doing bad.

It's honestly not dying. If you look at the numbers yeah sure there aren't as many but in my eyes it's people moving from smaller communities to bigger ones. IF we do what Dom is saying i believe there is a chance for us to become one of the big ones again and keep people comming back.

swans-jailer

Utopia

Utopia
Staff member
Server Staff
Senior Staff
SWRP Event Staff
Jan 6, 2019
Atm just feel like people have the idea that changing everything will mean Drew’s Becomes a massive server and that everything’s back to how it was but that won’t be the case. You can’t gain new players if nobody know about it. The main thing people look at is player counts over descriptions. Drew’s just doesn’t have that anymore.

swans-jailer
Dec 14, 2019
Telford
Maybe do weekly storylines as that can help make more hype for events and make more unique ones (DDay would still exist just Dday ofc is different as that's Non stop events)
Another idea for a last resort is reworking it to a battalion RP since they are becoming popular so its just 501st or something and there are mini-companies in it.

swans-jailer

Drewbie

Staff member
Owner
Nov 30, 2015
In regards to shutting down I'm talking a couple day window. Just to create a bit of hype, maybe goes off wednesday(any wednesday just theoretical) with a massive event chain leading up to it then re open friday. Creates hype and allows people to go a bit wild for a couple of days before it and gives them a couple day break from getting burnt out. I understand completely wiping ranks will turn people away but then again COs have all the freedom, 501st Current CO gets accepted as the new CO, okay he can now choose a EXO to help him and some officers aswell. The rank ups will be very quick in the first week as it is VITAL to setup a leadership system. All of this obviously comes under the watch of the Fleet team behind it.

It's less the amount of roles and more the complication behind them.
SC and ARC are a really good concept but pull players away from base regiments, higher ups like LTs and SGTs who could
host trainings etc.
Generals, we dont need em. These are higher ups that could constantly be in regiments as MCOs or just FLEET YAKNOW
And fleet is easier to organise than FLEET ONI NAVI REEEEEEEEE

Changing the model base would help to create more of that fresh feeling aswell.
Also why the fuck is the server size 4x that of other SWRP servers?
Do we really need 8.5GB of content?
Thats a whole fucking game back in the day like
Good points, but when it coems to content 8.5 is with maps and that's not actually too bad compared to other servers. The content is way higher now than it what it use to be overall, because of models being HD CGI or Battlefront 2. The old models based on the citizen gmod model was very small in size.

swans-jailer

Dom The Dangerous

Supreme Meme
Server Staff
SWRP Event Staff
Premium
Feb 9, 2017
United Kingdom
Good points, but when it coems to content 8.5 is with maps and that's not actually too bad compared to other servers. The content is way higher now than it what it use to be overall, because of models being HD CGI or Battlefront 2. The old models based on the citizen gmod model was very small in size.
Other servers I've been on recently have around 2.5GBs, but I will say alot of the new gameplay aspects are really cool.
Seems like this threads dying now, hopefully I've given you guys some ideas atleast even if your not won over by the entire plan.
Obviously I'd love to be involved if we did put a big plan into place like this and even if not I'm always here if you want help with an idea
or just want a fresh opinion.
I'll see you guys on the server o7

swans-jailer

Kal

Sep 30, 2018
this would be cool. since RC is some sort of clusterfuck mix of regiments and roles, why not skip ranks entirely and just make RC more similar to this? small squads where users can pick what they want to be with assigned roles like breacher, medic, sniper, (just examples). Could promote some teamwork and give some new players an opportunity to stand out and take lead naturally
Let them have all attachments like they did in lore, since they'll have nothing to work for it'll just be shit if they have just the rifle, pistol and grappling hook like swampy originally said in cantina

swans-jailer
Reactions: Dionysus
Status
Not open for further replies.