Not open for further replies.

Dom The Dangerous

Supreme Meme
Server Staff
SWRP Event Staff
Premium
Feb 9, 2017
United Kingdom
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, I have a few ideas on a very very very radical revival idea.

All of my ideas come from a point of gaining new players so some may seem extreme to a long time dedicated player

So as it stands Drews Community SWRP is at a bit of a dead end in terms of new players etc, what the server needs is a HUGE refresh.
Obviously this is quite a big thing, its gonna step on alot of peoples toes but hear me out.

So first of all what I've noticed is there are too many regiments for the server to grow as is, think of it in hindsight the less players there are
the less regiements there should be. My suggestion would be to cut this down to core factions, remove some paid options and then it will let the primary
regiments flesh out with more players and high ranks.
The Regiments I would keep would be as follows;
501st
212th
CG
Jedi
ARC
I would also suggest the removal of Generals temporarily, as Fleet can do their job just as well and can do trainings etc.
Another way to boost retention within regiments would really be to increase the amount of trainings taking place, this includes large scale
battalion wide trainings that would really please players.

The real Key is player retention really, the more players we have on constantly the more others are likely to join. The ways to do this would
generally be improving staff interaction. When an admin is on, he can host an event, host a training, host an RP event. Same with mods etc.

Aswell as that, rank progression needs to be a down sight easier for the short term, including Jedi as I heard they are quite stingy
there's no reason that someone playing the server for 6 months should not be master let alone a lowly blademaster.
This will really attract new players aswell and keep some of that retention, all within reason obviously.

The maps are another key part that arent considered alot, keep it basic.
Base maps that are tried and proven to be the best like, Venator and Rishi. And please Label places like we used to, very handy.
Event maps that are fun small and have a good combat flow for events,
think geonosis or corruscant underground you want tight corridors where troopers and droids can fight not massive open spaces that take minutes to traverse

Look I haven't played this server seriously in a long time, but recently i've wanted to come back to it but it seems there isnt alot to come back to.
And when I have loaded in and looked around it's been quite depressing, none of the decoration we used to have, no personality in bunks etc
but with the current point the servers at it seems you need a fresh perspective and a total overhaul since these systems would work well in
a well populated server, but it just isn't that at the moment. You can push and hope for new content or new regiments but whats the point
if you'll be enjoying it with 1 other regiment member at a time.

The execution is also vital. Shut the server down. Organise the game files, almost create a lite version of the current server, and then advertise and schedule a big release. This will cause the biggest spike in numbers in 1 day we would have seen in a while and would alone recruit more new players than we get in a week.

THIS IS A DISCUSSION
THESE ARE IDEAS
I DO NOT KNOW THE SERVER AS WELL AS YOU GUYS
LETS TALK LETS MAKE CHANGE.

swans-jailer
Last edited:
Dec 1, 2019
there's no reason that someone playing the server for 6 months should not be master let alone a lowly blademaster.
there's a difference between playing and being good enough for it aswell, you can play for 6 months and minge the whole time, as a few people do, if people are dedicated and active then they get promotions, people tend to complain they don't get promoted when they hardly come on what so ever

It is a really great idea apart from the fact of yeeting RC -1/+1

swans-jailer
Last edited by a moderator:

Jim

Oct 27, 2018
The real Key is player retention really, the more players we have on constantly the more others are likely to join
Your right, this is key to keep the server alive. I feel that there are a couple of ways to keep players on the server, first of all the first day a CT joins a regiment they should get promoted (Obvs if he stays for a event or training). In my opinion if i get promoted on a server on the first day i feel a lot more inclined to rejoin the server again. Another very important thing is that everyone is nice to the CTs when they join, no point in being a arse to the CT about you being a higher rank therefore he should get outta the way. What's the point in roleplaying if we won't have anyone to roleplay with?

Otherwise i agree with everything except removing paid regiments, just like Pickens said people payed for it and therefore it shouldn't be removed. Maybe downscaled though.

Fat +1

swans-jailer

Sleep

Staff member
CCRP Events Manager
Server Staff
Senior Staff
Dec 3, 2019
Vienna
First of all thank you for the suggestion!
Sounds really interesting. I wanted to mention some things.
In your opinions, if we were to do something like this should we allow people to transfer from their old ranks or reset all the ranks?

Aswell as that, rank progression needs to be a down sight easier for the short term, including Jedi as I heard they are quite stingy
it usually takes 4 days to reach CPL from when you joined the server - if you attend events and Trainings

remove some paid options
sadly we cannot remove options that people have already paid for.

There is also the fear, that even though this could this bring back some players who join for 3 days, who then decide they still have no interest in swrp and leave again, but also cause those who are currently enjoying the server how it is to leave.

Personally im very enticed to give this a try, as long as our current playerbase stands behind it!

swans-jailer

Jim

Oct 27, 2018
it usually takes 4 days to reach CPL from when you joined the server - if you attend events and Trainings
This is bullshit, just so you know it takes about a week if not more to get to CPL in the current state of the server.
PVT - PFC 1 day.
PFC - LCPL about 2-3 days.
LCPL - CPL Atleast 3 days.

And this is even if you attend all trainings and events during the entire day.

swans-jailer

Sleep

Staff member
CCRP Events Manager
Server Staff
Senior Staff
Dec 3, 2019
Vienna
This is bullshit, just so you know it takes about a week if not more to get to CPL in the current state of the server.
PVT - PFC 1 day.
PFC - LCPL about 2-3 days.
LCPL - CPL Atleast 3 days.
I thought it took 4, ill look into it and talk to high command, maybe promotions can be shortened. I agree that a week to get a spec, is a bit too long.

swans-jailer

Dom The Dangerous

Supreme Meme
Server Staff
SWRP Event Staff
Premium
Feb 9, 2017
United Kingdom
There is also the fear, that even though this could this bring back some players who join for 3 days, who then decide they still have no interest in swrp and leave again, but also cause those who are currently enjoying the server how it is to leave.
Yup it's a massive risk, but in my opinion something that is necessary. Think about it, a 'GRAND RE OPENING' that's gonna grab some attention not just from new players but from players who have left the server. Within the first few days, people will rank up a bit quicker than normal, the RP SHOULD be on a really good level since everythings refreshed a bit. People would be motivated to host trainings since the regiments will be ALOT more dense especially in the lower ranks and main regiments.

What we would depend on to make this work tho would be the ones that are still around, the big shots who have seen years of experience and who know how to play the server properly. The ones who know what a functional reg should look like and know somewhat how to entertain people with the tools that we have.

Even if it's not a full overhaul I think lightening the server up is a great idea
the install size on Drews compared to other SWRP servers that are hitting player caps is HUGE.
Straight away that's turning away players, creating client issues and for the player size it's just too much, I mean i heard reports that even 20 player events on
the current build of the server has a tendancy to create lag spikes and fps errors.
We are using the same host as ICEFUSE. I believe we still do atleast. So there is no reason why it should be this poorly functional.

And there really isnt a need for thousands of plugins even if they can improve the gameplay experience, this is an RP server. RP is the entertainment,
the gameplay will ALWAYS be lackluster compared to games like COD etc. But we can create a more RP friendly environment which promotes those RP
moments that people love so much.

In regard to paid regiments being removed, I definitely think there could be a way to do it without trodding on too many toes. It's just the way we implement it that matters and would take alot of conversation with Drew to decide how it could be fairly done.

Maybe re working RC could be useful, maybe give them a different purpose? It would take some time to come up with these things but they could be implemented over time I guess. If anyone has any Ideas on how we could do that PLEASE SHARE :)

I really don't know the current state of events and how they are hosted, but I've done a fair few thousand events so I can help out if people aren't getting them
up to scratch

In regards to ranks etc, I think the best route is to recruit the COs, Fleet and Jedi Counsil and then it will be on them to try and deliver active training and RP
sessions to get players more immersed in the experience. I also think if we did do something like this we should give out staff to most of these higher ups, of course with some sort of evaluation behind it but. If these players were taught how to do fun trainings within regiments on top of all that should go on within the
base then we have more of a game flow, less people walking around aimlessly etc.

swans-jailer

Jim

Oct 27, 2018
If anyone has any Ideas on how we could do that PLEASE SHARE :)
(Credits to swampy for this idea.)

Maybe make RC have no ranks? Pretty sure they didn't in lore either, they were comprised of strike teams if remember correctly. Make RC rankless with Boss as the only Commander. Then make Boss put them up in different squads that work together? Would need a lot of work but it was only a idea.

swans-jailer
Sep 10, 2018
Gibraltar
I agree completely with these changes, i think everything in the server has blanded down and become too stable, I rejoined a month ago and it was a complete different environment than to what it was during the 1st lockdown and before. Many OG's including myself will give drews a shot again since I do like this community since its different. However if staff and high ranks were put down, how would it start for them, would it be people who are recommended to do so?

If those does happen I will help since I do not want this server to go.

swans-jailer
May 11, 2019
(Credits to swampy for this idea.)

Maybe make RC have no ranks? Pretty sure they didn't in lore either, they were comprised of strike teams if remember correctly. Make RC rankless with Boss as the only Commander. Then make Boss put them up in different squads that work together? Would need a lot of work but it was only a idea.
this would be cool. since RC is some sort of clusterfuck mix of regiments and roles, why not skip ranks entirely and just make RC more similar to this? small squads where users can pick what they want to be with assigned roles like breacher, medic, sniper, (just examples). Could promote some teamwork and give some new players an opportunity to stand out and take lead naturally

swans-jailer
Dec 1, 2019
I agree completely with these changes, i think everything in the server has blanded down and become too stable, I rejoined a month ago and it was a complete different environment than to what it was during the 1st lockdown and before. Many OG's including myself will give drews a shot again since I do like this community since its different. However if staff and high ranks were put down, how would it start for them, would it be people who are recommended to do so?

If those does happen I will help since I do not want this server to go.
Its all good and well saying you'll return aswell as others, but remember that the same thing happened with GM, Loads of players said they would come back, in which they did, but instead of being active they played once or twice and then left again, how can you be sure it won't happen again

swans-jailer
Reactions: Marcus
Sep 10, 2018
Gibraltar
Its all good and well saying you'll return aswell as others, but remember that the same thing happened with GM, Loads of players said they would come back, in which they did, but instead of being active they played once or twice and then left again, how can you be sure it won't happen again
i get what u mean but i think with this change people would stay since almost everyone is on the same playing field of rank so they want to progress and be on top.

swans-jailer

Vapour

VIP
Jul 5, 2018
North London, U.K
the player base of star wars RP, particularly on DC, are emotionally attached to their ranks and thus lack the capacity for this change to occur, there can be reset, there must be only the continued downfall of once a fun community, now dominated by foul leadership

swans-jailer

Utopia

Utopia
Staff member
Server Staff
Senior Staff
SWRP Event Staff
Jan 6, 2019
the player base of star wars RP, particularly on DC, are emotionally attached to their ranks and thus lack the capacity for this change to occur, there can be reset, there must be only the continued downfall of once a fun community, now dominated by foul leadership
sounds like Russian history lmao

swans-jailer

Utopia

Utopia
Staff member
Server Staff
Senior Staff
SWRP Event Staff
Jan 6, 2019
Also I would like to say this

The ranks idea is good for those who don’t play or are not that high I know a few COs and naval members and other long term players who will simply leave. Your trading current players for old ones who may not stay if you do that. Just my opinion tho.
And before people ask no I’m not saying I would leave as I enjoy this community too much to just dip if I lose rank but for some this would just be a big turn off.
I understand why people want this however the remove ranks idea comes from mainly ex players who imo want to come back so they can run DC again (which is not an issue) however if they truly want change instead of taking everyone else’s rank away why not climb the ranks again.

swans-jailer

Dom The Dangerous

Supreme Meme
Server Staff
SWRP Event Staff
Premium
Feb 9, 2017
United Kingdom
Also I would like to say this

The ranks idea is good for those who don’t play or are not that high I know a few COs and naval members and other long term players who will simply leave. Your trading current players for old ones who may not stay if you do that. Just my opinion tho.
And before people ask no I’m not saying I would leave as I enjoy this community too much to just dip if I lose rank but for some this would just be a big turn off.
I understand why people want this however the remove ranks idea comes from mainly ex players who imo want to come back so they can run DC again (which is not an issue) however if they truly want change instead of taking everyone else’s rank away why not climb the ranks again.
The current players who are at high ranks have an opportunity to apply for CO and if they do then they'll have alot of input on how those regiments should shape out for future players.
Ye you were x or y before but that was of a small playerbase, these dedicated members have a huge opportunity here since we will need high command regardless of reset.
Even when we first started we had a, Yoda, Admiral, A load of COs and that's the sort of level im thinking but more like 4 in the fleet and jedi to make sure there's consistant trainings etc.
I don't think people will be that remissed, at the end of the day it's the same community. Hopefully a good staff team behind it and that's what makes it fun. Not the fact that your Grand Supreme General High Lord Master Council Guard White Jedi diddly dot

AS FOR RC
Consider this,
RC Breacher (0/1) RC Medic (0/1) RC Commando (0/2) RC Fixer (0/1)
RC Boss
RC should be very powerful and with a finite number of spaces this would do them justice in RP and still make them a bit balanced
RC Boss should assign RC to regiments based on if they have a field medic etc
If Boss is a no show Fleet decide RC's Role

And if you have the RC package and there's no spaces left. TOUGH SHIT.
You pay for the privilage to be able to use the role this does not mean your entitled to always be using it.
The times you can use it, will be awesome cos you could be a very powerful part of a mission if say your Reg doesn't have many on.
But unless there is no one on in your regiment there's not a massive point in using it. It would almost create an escape for those in reg's
with inactive leadership etc

swans-jailer
Reactions: Jim and Utopia

Jim

Oct 27, 2018
The current players who are at high ranks have an opportunity to apply for CO and if they do then they'll have alot of input on how those regiments should shape out for future players.
Ye you were x or y before but that was of a small playerbase, these dedicated members have a huge opportunity here since we will need high command regardless of reset.
Even when we first started we had a, Yoda, Admiral, A load of COs and that's the sort of level im thinking but more like 4 in the fleet and jedi to make sure there's consistant trainings etc.
I don't think people will be that remissed, at the end of the day it's the same community. Hopefully a good staff team behind it and that's what makes it fun. Not the fact that your Grand Supreme General High Lord Master Council Guard White Jedi diddly dot

AS FOR RC
Consider this,
RC Breacher (0/1) RC Medic (0/1) RC Commando (0/2) RC Fixer (0/1)
RC Boss
RC should be very powerful and with a finite number of spaces this would do them justice in RP and still make them a bit balanced
RC Boss should assign RC to regiments based on if they have a field medic etc
If Boss is a no show Fleet decide RC's Role

And if you have the RC package and there's no spaces left. TOUGH SHIT.
You pay for the privilage to be able to use the role this does not mean your entitled to always be using it.
The times you can use it, will be awesome cos you could be a very powerful part of a mission if say your Reg doesn't have many on.
But unless there is no one on in your regiment there's not a massive point in using it. It would almost create an escape for those in reg's
with inactive leadership etc
Yeah i agree with youon all parts. As for the RC i also agree, however i do have a input on it or rather a addition. I know this is going in on details but i believe you should add a sharpshooter role to that aswell. But i agree the RC should feel more special, seeing as pretty much everyone has it now.

swans-jailer
Dec 14, 2019
Telford
NGL Its gonna take a whole lot to bring Drews back in its current state but a last resort idea could be changing game mode or time, like we could change to a MilRP game mode or change to Imperial or something unique like Old republic and transfer Dono stuff over as new things like RC, would be made into Havoc squad or Imperial commandos Just an idea that I think could work as a last resort of the CWRP is dead for good.

swans-jailer
Status
Not open for further replies.