Add-ons Introducing: The Shady Dealer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick James

Third Reich
Jan 17, 2018
Like the title says i would like to introduce the idea of a new NPC: The Shady Dealer.

The concept of this NPC is to level the playing field between Low prestige players and High prestige players.
Currently there is a HUGE gap in power between these players and with the help of this new NPC, the low prestige players will have a chance.

The things you can buy from this NPC:
-Guns. Temporary guns with equal power as to crafted legendaries. This will also attract people who already have crafted legendaries since these guns are top quality and damage. These guns will therefore have a cost ranging from 10-20/25 mil depending on the weapon.
-Raiding equipment. Improved Lockpick/Keypadcracker with equal to 50 points in terms skills.

The Shady Dealer NPC will be placed out randomly on the map (down in sewers, in a random building or just hidden somewhere) to make for some interesting RP allowing players to figure out where he is every time we change his position.

Wait, what will happen to the normal Gun Dealers?
As a result of this the normal Gun dealer job will be scrapped. Instead we are to focus more on the Black Market Dealer.
The BMD will ALSO be able to sell the weapons and raiding equipment available from the Shady Dealer but at a MUCH cheaper price. Making the BMD be far more desireable.

By doing this we are making sure every single player has a chance to raid/defend against ANYONE. Low or high prestige doesnt matter if you prepare yourself with good weapons for a couple hours of basing. Or preparing for that 1 raid on the big bad boys who think they control the server.

swans-jailer
Last edited:
Dec 11, 2018
+1

I think its a good idea.
Adding different tiers of weapons to the dealer could be a option. Only having "op" guns which are expensive wont do much difference. But having a range between 5m - 25m is good.

swans-jailer
Reactions: Caado
Dec 19, 2017
Norway
Like the title says i would like to introduce the idea of a new NPC: The Shady Dealer.

The concept of this NPC is to level the playing field between Low prestige players and High prestige players.
Currently there is a HUGE gap in power between these players and with the help of this new NPC, the low prestige players will have a chance.

The things you can buy from this NPC:
-Guns. Temporary guns with equal power as to crafted legendaries. This will also attract people who already have crafted legendaries since these guns are top quality and damage. These guns will therefore have a cost ranging from 10-20/25 mil depending on the weapon.
-Raiding equipment. Improved Lockpick/Keypadcracker with equal to 50 points in terms skills.

The Shady Dealer NPC will be placed out randomly on the map (down in sewers, in a random building or just hidden somewhere) to make for some interesting RP allowing players to figure out where he is every time we change his position.

Wait, what will happen to the normal Gun Dealers?
As a result of this the normal Gun dealer job will be scrapped. Instead we are to focus more on the Black Market Dealer.
The BMD will ALSO be able to sell the weapons and raiding equipment available from the Shady Dealer but at a MUCH cheaper price. Making the BMD be far more desireable.

By doing this we are making sure every single player has a chance to raid/defend against ANYONE. Low or high prestige doesnt matter if you prepare yourself with good weapons for a couple hours of basing. Or preparing for that 1 raid on the big bad boys who think they control the server.
Looks good

swans-jailer

Drewbie

Staff member
Owner
Nov 30, 2015
How would this work? would these be guns which are on a timer and gets removed? why not just keep basic guns and lower the prices, some of the weapons are very good. But also making affordable good guns for new players would result in almost every gun being useless except the crafted guns which are better, for example if you have a Striker 12 which does the same amount of damage as an epic shotgun, why would anyone bother using something else if you can get something equal or better from the gun dealer? then we just have epic and legendary which are what people use for instance.

swans-jailer

Rick James

Third Reich
Jan 17, 2018
"How would this work? would these be guns which are on a timer and gets removed? "
Like normal guns they disappear upon death.

You got the wrong idea, these guns are to be very expensive to provide extra power when raiding/defending. Crafting weapons will be way more profitable in the long run and should you have a legendary perma weapon ofcourse it will be more powerfull than the ones baught from the Shady dealer.
Then you missed the part about the Raiding Equipment. These are the most crucial part of the new NPC. Whats making it so hard for the new players is that it takes a hell of a long time to keypadcrack or lockpick when you have 0 skills in them. Id say people dont usually skill in those things untill prestige 50-60 at the earliest.
Not to mention it will also keep the economy in check when people have to put atleast 5-20 mil into a raid. Wich ofcourse wont cost high prestige players anything since they already have the legendary weapon + skills in keypadcracking.
Id say this is perfectly reasonable and provides new players a chance to stick it to the big boys.

swans-jailer
Feb 22, 2018
This is a stupid idea, this will break the server on many levels.... even though i didnt read through the whole post and dont know what im saying.

Nah lets be honest, its a good idea but should be thought about carefully and giving a unranked a powerfull weapon doesnt mean hes able to raid easily.

Gundealer is useless, could use a good gun dealer with powerfull guns (maybe as powerfull as a high end epic, not a legendary)

swans-jailer
Last edited by a moderator:

Rick James

Third Reich
Jan 17, 2018
Why do people only read parts of the whole thing? Dont comment if u cant even bother to read and understand the suggestion itself.

These weapons are to be equally powerfull as a High tier Epic or a low tier legendary. EIther would work.
And once AGAIN i have to repeat myself: its the RAIDING EQUIPMENT that you want from the Shady Dealer. The guns are for people WITHOUT a epic or a legendary so that they can become less insignificant.

And i do not understand wtf Drake is saying when he states that having more powerfull guns doesnt make raiding easier. Are you on drugs mate?
I also mentioned TWICE that its the Raiding equipment that will make the biggest difference in raiding. Did you miss that or did u not care enough to read it?

swans-jailer
Last edited:

Xirii

Supreme Meme
DPRK
Nov 30, 2015
Hull, GB
The other big gap in balance would be the quantity of HP bestowed to higher prestiges, especially those with high level gangs enabling 3850 HP with 600 Armour.

Even with legendary weapons, it takes time, and multiple shots to dispose of someone like that and frankly weapons and raiding tools aren't enough. Not even close.

Little jimbob with a max damage gun, without damage improvement or reduction stands no chance with 1k HP.

Your dealer would be simply as ineffective as the current one is, especially against larger groups basing. What it would make interesting is the amount of kids getting absolutely destroyed and complaining to get their money back.

If you could supply "level appropriate" quantities of armor, reducing in proportion as they level up to guard against these players, that would be interesting and a potential fix - the problem with that though? High levels are now basically the same as low levels barring changes in damage increase and damage reduction, you might as well just give everyone the max attainable HP. You can't just fix the gap overnight, and more powerful, more expensive single-use weapons aren't going to fix Jimbob's beef with someone prestige 80 with 3k HP, fuck load of armour and a max legendary aint gonna do shit against his 1k HP without damage reduction.

In Summary:

• Weapon damage increases need to have an increase in HP to defend against, you would just introduce a bunch of one-shot kill guns to low level players resulting in more in-fighting between those ranks anyway and not fixing the apparent balance issue.
  • One-time use, with high costs will result in complaints on inevitable death and most people not to use that dealer as its just a money sink.There will be more anger, and more rage associated with RDM and RDA cases which will negatively effect the admin team due to the significant loss of money.
  • Hiding the dealer will result in pattern learning on a per map basis, would cause further issues when admins get asked where he is, only to discover they will probably die, and not use the dealer again.
  • Scaling the HP or the Armour would work, but as explained above would effectively erase the advantage leveling up has. It would depend on how it was scaled - enough to keep the need to level up present. Without that there is no point in playing.

swans-jailer

Rick James

Third Reich
Jan 17, 2018
I sincerely beg to differ. The dealer will not become useless, the raiding equipment WILL do wonders since it will cut the time it takes breach a door in half.
The weapons however may need alot of thought. We could even skip the weapons and simply have him have Raiding equipment and maybe some other gadgets we can add. Im sure the concept of a hidden NPC with some quality raiding equipment and some other random fun things you cant get from normal dealers, would be something the players will look for and create RP around.
The damage of these guns can be further discussed or scrapped in general, but the concept of this NPC is something we would gain from.

I also disagree with what Xirii said about players being mad about RDM and such losing their expensive guns. If you buy a weapon and equipment from the dealer when being fully aware that it will disappear when you die, its on you if u arent carefull enough. They are meant for Raiding and defending ur base, not fiddling around town expecting nothing will happen to you. I completely disagree that staff will have a rough time with such things. It will simply be dealt with like any other refund case, by telling them "We dont do refunds". Remember these can also be baught in bulks, allowing players to stack up on these weapons in by putting them in their base. Since these work as normal weapons you are able to simply drop them to a teammate and have him put them in the base. Also gives incentive to raid knowing there might be really expensive weapons you can sell or use, rather than only stealing printers and bitracks.

The damage of these guns can be further discussed or scrapped in general, but the concept of this NPC is something we would gain from.

swans-jailer

Xirii

Supreme Meme
DPRK
Nov 30, 2015
Hull, GB
Even if purchased in bulk, if I'm spending nearly what, 25 million a shipment. I'm just gonna stay where I am, or, at the very least raid people I know I have a chance against. As I said above, they will raid within their own limits, like they do now. It just encourages them temporarily that they have a chance, until they realise they are throwing away exceptional amounts of money for that impossibility.

The HP issue still hasn't changed, and faster raiding tools also eats into the reasons why people should level up. If Jimbob opted to raid that prestige 80 thundercunt a faster lockpick ain't gonna make up for the additional 3000HP he needs.

Your idea is good, it just needs to scale as people level up. I think permanently offering this to everyone is just gonna result in it being ignored for the above reasons.

It needs to offer some way of buffing HP, guns alone isn't gonna fix it.

Decrease weapon effectiveness, decrease armour amounts, decrease raiding tool speed as they level up - this should keep players at least interested in crafting some weapons and investing their points. As that dealer becomes less effective as they progress.

This is gonna be super easy to implement on the new crafting mod as well, if there's some way to ween players from using the dealer over time I don't see why this shouldn't be included, especially if Jimbob can get his hands on 2k's worth of armour.

swans-jailer
Feb 22, 2018
Why do people only read parts of the whole thing? Dont comment if u cant even bother to read and understand the suggestion itself.

These weapons are to be equally powerfull as a High tier Epic or a low tier legendary. EIther would work.
And once AGAIN i have to repeat myself: its the RAIDING EQUIPMENT that you want from the Shady Dealer. The guns are for people WITHOUT a epic or a legendary so that they can become less insignificant.

And i do not understand wtf Drake is saying when he states that having more powerfull guns doesnt make raiding easier. Are you on drugs mate?
I also mentioned TWICE that its the Raiding equipment that will make the biggest difference in raiding. Did you miss that or did u not care enough to read it?
I didn't read half of the post, you said:
So you firstly intended the guns to be as powerfull as the crafted legendary guns you never stated high or low tier legendaries.

Also what I ment with the guns not making it easy to raid is that a Unranked player still needs some skill to win the raid with those bought guns, it will make it EASIER not EASY for the player using these weapons.

You missunderstood what I ment and I'm not the one taking drugs <3 ly.

I also never said that the shady dealer will be useless, the current gun dealer is useless so would be nice to have a actual good dealer for that.

I think you might've been too focused on my first line where I was joking about it being a shitty idea.
If you where to read just the second part you'd see that I like your idea and I support it with just the damage being at a high tier epic or low tier legendary which you stated afterwards.

swans-jailer
Status
Not open for further replies.