Implement server 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 17, 2018
I have not played on the server for quite some time now. BUT I still love crewconflict and as far as I understand it is hard to be a new player on the server. I have an idea maybe make a new server that is called Beginners heaven where you can only join if you are under let's say prestige 3. that will make the new player experience awesome for everyone and a great place for new players to explore this nice modded version of Darkrp.

Why we should implement a server 3 for beginners.
1 New players won't be bullied and will have a great start
2 I remember when I first joined the server and I met my first low-level player and I could explore the whole mod. and the moment I started basing my base would be raided.
3 then you can remove the rules on server 1 & 2 regarding not to raid the once that are under prestige 1, because there will be an option for them to play and not be bothered by greve the minge coming to raid them.
4 Much more new crews will start forming as the players who start to play on the server 3 will get to know each other before knowing the key players that will ofc be on server 1 & 2 (For this to happen then the price to create a crew should be lowered on server 3)
5 Better gameplay for everyone. as this would loosen the list of all the rules you need to remember and check before you raid someone.
6 This would on the long run also give more money to the server as more players will play consistently and not rage quit before they are beginning to prestige due to curiosity and therefor more players will donate to get another rank with all the perks.

I would love to hear what all of you think about this. I know I maybe put the 3 prestige a lil low but I am not sure what the current average prestige is atm.

swans-jailer

DeathShadow

Community Manager
Premium
VIP
Mar 2, 2017
Germany or Portugal
drewscommunity.com
Many issues with this:
1. There's no way we can enforce who can and cannot connect.
2. Staff who are above said prestige can't join and if they can it will get called out for bias.
3. When no staff is on higher prestiged players will MOST LIKELY join server 3 and abuse the beginners.
4. We do not have the numbers currently to have 3 multiple servers running. It will just spread the playerbase even more and make all servers look like a desert

swans-jailer
1. There's no way we can enforce who can and cannot connect.
Yes, we can. There's a hook named "CheckPassword" that as soon as you click the server, will give the SteamID of the player. You could check this SteamID against the prestige/leveling database and refuse connection to those that don't fit the newbie criteria.

2. Staff who are above said prestige can't join and if they can it will get called out for bias.
Setup a method where staff who join are only allocated the max amount of skill points, as opposed to what they have already. That way, although they'd be potentially overpowered, they'd still be able to play.

3. When no staff is on higher prestiged players will MOST LIKELY join server 3 and abuse the beginners.
Not if you physically restrict access as per above.

swans-jailer
Status
Not open for further replies.