Status
Not open for further replies.

Green Bean

Staff member
Server Staff
VIP
Aug 13, 2018
USA
**Note: due to the amount of detail put into prior application, this application will be shorter and less detailed, but with all points being addressed**

General Info

In game name:

41st Commander Gree

Discord name and number:

Green Beret #3961

Steam Link:

https://steamcommunity.com/id/greenberettf

Email:

greenberettf@gmail.com

Preffered name:

Green, beret, green bean, Gree

Age (Must be 16+, You may be asked to provide ID): 17

Timezone: EST or GMT-5 or GMT-4 depending on Daylight savings here in America

Activity

How many regiments are you apart of: 4: 41st, RC, DSGT, Supreme Legion of GNK droids

Which Character do you play most: 41st CO

How long you play during the week per day: 3-4 hours depending on when I get home and time zones

How long you play during the weekend per day: 5-8 hours depending on when I wake up and time zones

**Note, as per my prior application, my parents are still separated so the same schedule applies**

Previous Punishments

We can check these things so do not lie.

Any previous punishments on the SWRP server: Kicked once for Job Abuse

Any previous punishments on other DC servers: N/A

About you

What makes you stand out from other Applicants:

My timezone and my commitment to helping the server grow and develop. My time zone allows me to be online when it’s incredibly late for most of the server. I normally get on at 7 PM my time (or earlier) and it’s already midnight on the server. I could help dealing with people who believe in “downtime” as well as all the Americans who might join.

On the other hand, my commitment to helping the server is big. I want to help this server grow and develop as much as it can. If that means stopping minges from ruining people’s time on the server or helping create fun events to keep player activity up, I’m all for it.

Tell us about you:

I am a high school senior applying to colleges as a Music Education major. My primary instrument is voice and my secondary instrument is piano. I love choir music. I want to inspire children in the future and instill a love of music in them that my teachers gave me. I also love to help and organize. My friends often say I have OCD, which is not true, because of how meticulous I am in my organization of things. I also love playing video games. My main game used to be TF2 but now it’s GMOD. I used to be a Sniper main and played Highlander at a mid/high silver level. I can be very strict at times but also fun. I believe in black and white answers, granted that someone understands all sides of a situation. However, there will always be at least one factor which you cannot account for which is what I strive to work towards: being able to have a rough idea of what that confounding variable might be. Also, I really like organizing (even though I’m repetitive) stuff.

My parents are separated and live kind of far apart. My PC that I play GMOD on is at one of my parent’s homes so I can really only be on the server on the days that I am there. The days I am there alternate, 2-2-3. So for example:

Monday, Tuesday - house with PC

Wednesday, Thursday - house without PC

Friday, Saturday, Sunday - house with PC

Mon, Tues - without PC

Wed, Thurs - with PC

Fri, Sat, Sun - without PC

Choose ONE personality trait that describes you the best:

Driven. I am often motivated to be the best I can humanly be and apply this intense motivation into everything I do whether it be playing video games, doing homework, practicing my audition repertoire, or something else. I always complete work to the best of my ability and always strive to be better. It also drives me to help more people and to help large groups as effectively as possible.

Why should we choose you over other Applicants:

I’m not afraid to ask questions or ask for help. When I was made EXO, I immediately started asking questions so that I would be able to make myself a better EXO. When I became Temp CO, I did the same. And finally when I became full CO, I continued asking questions, to my peers, to my troops, to staff and to more experienced players on what I could be doing to help benefit the server in any way possible.

Experience

Have you ever been staff on a SWRP server:

No

If yes, What were your duties: N/A

Have you ever been staff on a GMOD server:

No

If yes, What were your duties: N/A

Have you ever been staff on an Online Community:

Yes, I was a Senior admin on a community TF2 server for about a year.

If yes, What were your duties:

While I was a Junior Admin, my duties consisted of ensuring all rules were followed at all times, no one was being abusive in chat, no one was cheating, no one was scamming anyone else, and maintaining server health (eg. restarts, map changes, clearing entities and decals etc.).

As a Senior Admin, my duties varied slightly, I had all the same roles as I did when I was a Junior Admin, but I also had the added responsibility of keeping the Junior Admins in check, and logging every punishment handed out, as well as dealing with appeals and reading feedback.

Scenarios

You catch a EOD 1st LT killing random CT's late at night. The LT claims that it is "Downtime" so its ok, What do you do?

First- pull the LT aside and explain how RDM is unacceptable especially as he/she is a 1st LT and has the experience to know it is not allowed.

Second- explain how “Downtime” does not exist on the server. It’s SeriousRP and the rules are meant to be followed no matter how late at night.

Third- check to see if this person has previous offenses for RDM or abuse of “Downtime”.

If yes: Give the person a temp ban because he/she should know the rules.

If no: give them a verbal and written warning.

You are playing with your friends during an Event. You catch your friend and a CT both breaking rules and minging, What do you do?

First- pull them aside and give tell them off for it. Especially my friend, as anyone who is friends with me knows I’m a complete stickler for rules and knows that I will enforce any rules I can regardless of my status as staff or not.

Second- if I believe my friend manipulated the CT into doing these things I’d tell the CT why it was wrong (if the CT is new) and return him or her to the event and keep an eye on that person.

If my friend was just minging and breaking rules, I would then proceed to assess the severity of the rules broken, and if he or she had done it before and then distribute punishment appropriately.

You catch a staff member abusing their powers and being rude to players, What do you do?

First- Turn on shadowplay and gather as much evidence as humanly possible

Second- Try and figure out why it is happening

Third- Ask other staff to help me gather evidence

Fourth- confront the person and try to get them to stop

Fifth- Submit a report to Senior Staff+ and Staff Manager Hades (at the time of writing this)

Something has popped up and you will not be able to come onto the server for a while, but you have already posted an Event plan for the night. What steps do you take?

Ask at least 2 other staff members to take over event and make sure they have all the necessary information including gear permissions.

Once I received confirmation that someone could take over, I could go about my night, if not, I would do anything humanly possible to make the event happen.

Declaration

Do you understand that your application may not be successful and that asking about your application may result in instant denial:

Yes

**This is a legal requirement. Applying when not 16 years of age or above by means of deception is considered fraudulent and is punishable to the maximum extent possible under UK Law. Your account may be terminated from Drew's Community both in-game on all servers and on the forums.

Thanks for taking the time to read my second staff application. I tried to save everyone some time by shortening my answers. I look forward to hearing back!

swans-jailer
Sep 8, 2018
+1 Green Is a competent Commander, Serious Rper, Is very active on the server and has previous experience as an Admin on another community. The application Looks Good, the only problem may be the alternating dates when you can be on.

swans-jailer
Reactions: Green Bean

Green Bean

Staff member
Server Staff
VIP
Aug 13, 2018
USA
+1 Green Is a competent Commander, Serious Rper, Is very active on the server and has previous experience as an Admin on another community. The application Looks Good, the only problem may be the alternating dates when you can be on.
Thanks for the feedback. It’s much appreciated. And yeah the alternating dates thing is really annoying but some days I seem to be able to get over to my house with the PC. Anyways thanks again for th feedback!

swans-jailer
My eyes are hurting from looking at this format so i will start you off with -20

However lets begin
About you
Okay in this section you describe yourself very clearly for all which is good to see, Your personal life is fine and all but not required as much however it does give a good background on you so that's always a plus.

Driven, mhm be careful not to lose this as if you do well you are going to be in a world of pain palo.

Questions, Questions, so many Questions, it's a good trait being able to ask for help ngl.

The good olde experiences speaks for itself so no comment here.

Scenarios
Scenario 1: That is a good assessment to say the least, good job
Scenario 2: Indeed the CT could be new and your friend could be a manipulative prick but yeah answers well
Scenario 3: No real comment, just the same old answer with a twist : P
Scenario 4: I like your commitment however in the likelyhood of that happening in a rare occurence it would be more benefical for you to allow another event to happen or someone else do one later as good events aren't rushed into action nor should you have to bail on something else to do it but good answer nevertheless.

Now then the verdict:
From what I have seen ingame you do what most people should be doing and just enjoying the game which is what most people should be doing.
However have you done me proud and made up for hurting my eyes?

Yes, yes you have indeed good sir, it's a +21 from me

swans-jailer

Green Bean

Staff member
Server Staff
VIP
Aug 13, 2018
USA
My eyes are hurting from looking at this format so i will start you off with -20

However lets begin

Okay in this section you describe yourself very clearly for all which is good to see, Your personal life is fine and all but not required as much however it does give a good background on you so that's always a plus.

Driven, mhm be careful not to lose this as if you do well you are going to be in a world of pain palo.

Questions, Questions, so many Questions, it's a good trait being able to ask for help ngl.

The good olde experiences speaks for itself so no comment here.

Scenario 1: That is a good assessment to say the least, good job
Scenario 2: Indeed the CT could be new and your friend could be a manipulative prick but yeah answers well
Scenario 3: No real comment, just the same old answer with a twist : P

Scenario 4: I like your commitment however in the likelyhood of that happening in a rare occurence it would be more benefical for you to allow another event to happen or someone else do one later as good events aren't rushed into action nor should you have to bail on something else to do it but good answer nevertheless.

Now then the verdict:
From what I have seen ingame you do what most people should be doing and just enjoying the game which is what most people should be doing.
However have you done me proud and made up for hurting my eyes?

Yes, yes you have indeed good sir, it's a +21 from me
I almost cried a little bit when I saw the -20 because you have so much influence I was like... "my second app is getting denied...." Anyways thank you for the feedback! It mean's a lot and I hope my formatting isn't too cringe. I wrote it on my phone late one night.

swans-jailer

Vapour

VIP
Jul 5, 2018
London, U.K
Let’s get looking at the +’s and -‘s
+=Activity
+=Loyalty to the server, been around for a long time.
+=Scenarios answered very well
+=Friendly and approachable member of the community
-=Kicked for job abuse
So overall i shall give this a +1

swans-jailer
I almost cried a little bit when I saw the -20 because you have so much influence I was like... "my second app is getting denied...." Anyways thank you for the feedback! It mean's a lot and I hope my formatting isn't too cringe. I wrote it on my phone late one night.
What a rollercoaster of emotions xD, no problem bud.

swans-jailer
Jul 12, 2018
Edinburgh
Okay, Hello! Imma give you some pros and cons!

Pros:
  • Your activity on the server during the times when not a lot of the staff are on the server
  • You've been on this server along time and been a loyal member of the community.
  • Your regiment has improved significantly since you've been in command.
Cons:
  • You've "Job Abused" on the server.
Overall I'm +1

Thanks for reading my reply!

swans-jailer
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.