Status
Not open for further replies.

NOOT NOOT

Staff member
Server Staff
Apr 30, 2019
In-game name: RC/HE Boss
Type of suggestion(addon, bug, model, script):
Reason for suggestion: Lack of players, it also gives Engineers an offensive option.
Pros: Would help as a way to minimize player deaths, and have something to use as cannon fodder.
Cons: People shooting them, as they see a B1, and reaction fire at it.
Link to suggestion if it has one: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Xc-F_f9N93_yfuqSgtTFTOBKCRKgFZ6WukAF_OP7dhw/edit?usp=sharing

I feel with Hades recent message about activity, having friendly NPC's, that would be given a very specific paint job so that people could distinguish them from normal hostile droids, would help with the current situation. This droids would work as a force that could hold down specific weak points/flanks while players were to hold the main areas. These would be coloured in a way that normal people wouldn't seem them, as hostiles, specifically using: (The B1's have blue markings all over them, and the B2's are mainly white with some red and yellow.) npc_droid_b1_pilot_pvt_f, npc_droid_b1_pilot_sgt_f, npc_droid_b1_pilot_lt_f, npc_droid_b1_pilot_xo_f, npc_droid_b1_pilot_co_f. For B2's we would use npc_droid_b2_training_f. These are coloured quite differently to what normal B1's and B2's would look like, and hopefully, with someone telling people before spawning them, people would have the foresight to not shoot them. There would also be a max per event, as to not cause too much lag. These droids would be called down in droppods, anywhere the republic has taken across the map, meaning they are quite mobile and would give good opportunity for reinforcements when people are outnumbered. Please leave your comments on what you think below.

swans-jailer
Last edited:

Lastein

Staff member
Server Staff
Apr 24, 2020
I would say its a very good idea, not only because they can protect our flanks, but also because it would probably spice the Engineer profession up a notch, as you got something to go for in the profession

+1 From me!

swans-jailer

Ferret

Staff member
Server Staff
SWRP Event Staff
Sep 26, 2018
In-game name: RC/HE Boss
Type of suggestion(addon, bug, model, script):
Reason for suggestion: Lack of players, it also gives Engineers an offensive option.
Pros: Would help as a way to minimize player deaths, and have something to use as cannon fodder.
Cons: People shooting them, as they see a B1, and reaction fire at it.
Link to suggestion if it has one: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Xc-F_f9N93_yfuqSgtTFTOBKCRKgFZ6WukAF_OP7dhw/edit?usp=sharing

I feel with Hades recent message about activity, having friendly NPC's, that would be given a very specific paint job so that people could distinguish them from normal hostile droids, would help with the current situation. This droids would work as a force that could hold down specific weak points/flanks while players were to hold the main areas. These would be coloured in a way that normal people wouldn't seem them, as hostiles, specifically using: (The B1's have blue markings all over them, and the B2's are mainly white with some red and yellow.) npc_droid_b1_pilot_pvt_f, npc_droid_b1_pilot_sgt_f, npc_droid_b1_pilot_lt_f, npc_droid_b1_pilot_xo_f, npc_droid_b1_pilot_co_f. For B2's we would use npc_droid_b2_training_f. These are coloured quite differently to what normal B1's and B2's would look like, and hopefully, with someone telling people before spawning them, people would have the foresight to not shoot them. There would also be a max per event, as to not cause too much lag. Please leave your comments on what you think below.
But why use droids when we have friendly Clone NPCs that fight?

swans-jailer

Nicc

Staff member
Server Staff
Aug 25, 2018
Ive done this in my events a few times only small skirmishes or so are possible this way since we have no way fór the not to activly advance and fór IT to nôt caused too mutch lag. But when in off LOA and there IS lower number of players ill see what i Can do

swans-jailer
Apr 24, 2020
I really don’t think that’d end well, given the trigger-happiness of some community members.
The B1's we use are Bright blue, unlike any others that are used on the server (yellow, orange, etc) and along with the adverts a clone can see immediately they're not being shot at all, and not to mention they will be fighting the droids currently assaulting the clones, a clone who ignores all those signals and proceeds to shoot anyways is MORE than just trigger happy. Of course I understand the fact that droids are an enemy commonly used, but it IS also something that is in canon in the clonewars. that adds another level to the whole "HEY DONT SHOOT ME" sign.

swans-jailer

Ferret

Staff member
Server Staff
SWRP Event Staff
Sep 26, 2018
It would be clearly put out in advert/comms about it, and even if then, they are replaceable
Hmm I’m going to remain neutral. I think the concept is good but between relying on the competence of every community member, performance issues and the like, it may not positively benefit the server. Alternatively, clone troopers could be deployed similarly to this by using a transport ship that appears, making it more realistic.

swans-jailer
Status
Not open for further replies.