Formal CCRP Server Balancing Proposal [WIP]

Following previous comments, suggestions from Solid and other members of the community.

This documents the current Work-In-Progress proposal to Drewbie regarding the balance and on-going continued gameplay of Drew's Community.

This is a comprehensive, top-down review including entire processes, actions and decisions including, where necessary, those assigned to perform those actions.

This document covers:
  • Staff Roles, including Mentors
  • Weapon Balancing
  • Economy Balancing
  • Job Roles, including introduction of legitimate enterprises and RP focused roles.
While this document is open for suggestions, comments of one-line nature, +/- support etc. will be removed and classified as spam. If you have a serious contribution of support or negative support, please explain this clearly, with the exact points you have an issue with.

If you are in support of this document, and have no further comments to make - simply like the post.

Feedback is appreciated.

Current Issues
  • Many addons are underutilised, either because they have been superseded or there is generally no interest in them.
  • Gang Menu is currently poor, with bad coding and management capability. (Due to be replaced anyway)
  • Jobs, Gun Dealers in particular are completely redundant.
  • Crafting Mod
    • Weapons have not been tested for balance, stat ranges are wild and estimations at best. Lack of testing results in cheap, high-powered weapons that do not scale to the users level.
    • Lack of scaling means that eLevel is overly buffed to compensate, creating a "damage" gap between lower and higher levels bigger than it ever has been when previous buffs included just HP.
    • Unranked players have little hope other than to hide indefinitely until they are simply raided to the point of no return, consequently excusing them from the server.
    • Wild unregulated trading has resulted in over-payment for basic guns, pushing inflation higher.
  • Cars are simply superfluous, many just use taxis anyway. They are simply a distraction unless used for job roles.
  • Gameplay is 90% focused on killing anyone, anything and everything. Nerfing weaponry should re-introduce tactician-based combat.
  • Basic map failures, prop protection failures that prevent proper RP
    • In particular jail cells being classed as world props.
  • Staff are over-zealous, extremely reactionary and still don't understand context or proper banning procedure from undercover testing.
Resolution Process & Reasoning
  1. Complete review of all weapons base stats and damages, compiled in Excel/Google Sheets/Whatever.
    • Review must:
      • Take into account eLevel damage increase and damage resistance. Tests should be made at 0%, 50% and 100%.
      • Conducted and experimented on between a minimum of two parties for a range of results.
        • Parties would ideally be Staff & Non-Staff to ensure independence and transparency.
  2. Selection process for what guns should be included in the crafting mod from now on
    • The best course of action for the crafting mod is to reduce the amount of guns available.
    • Effectively like hyper rare Pokémon cards.
    • This means select guns will be in the crafting mod, with very-low chances of obtaining blueprints and parts required.
      • These select guns based on the above review will have MAX stat increases of no more than 25%.
      • Publishing the statistics and damage outcomes of these guns will have to happen so people know what to expect.
    • Introduce a way of getting paid for Bars and Ores, with a small worthwhile payment for your efforts.
      • Not to the extent where AFK mining is the new basing. (Perhaps limit to bars only?)
  3. Re-Introduce all or some excluded guns back to the gundealer based on the weapon review.
  4. Remove or nerf knockback that has suddenly appeared on some guns.
  5. Based on the damage results, current eLevel buffs and ranges - re-examine Damage Increase, Damage Resistance and all other major stat boosts such as HP and Armour.
    • HP is too much or too little depending on the weapon in question. There is no middle ground of good damage to HP ratio. The above review and alterations should help balance this correctly.
  6. FULL RESET
    • This has to occur not only because of the above changes, but rampant abuse of in-game money, exploits and more have made the current situation untenable.
    • This is an unpopular decision, it will impact player numbers significantly, though they will return to normal provided we complete this entire plan.
  7. Economy hard-limits
    • Re-Introduction of $2.1bn limit on wallets.
    • Introduce a $5bn limit on bank balances if possible
      • If not, taxation of 20-25% above $2.1bn in the bank.
    • Introduce taxation on wallets over $1 - $1.5bn of 20-25%.
    • These figures are examples, it is possible on their introduction we may increase or decrease these depending on testing.
  8. All other products, including cars will not be subject to any changes regarding pricing. They of course are reset at this stage anyway. Increasing their prices will simply exacerbate any inflation and alter the "grind ratio" too far.
  9. Introduction of more RP focused roles, reduction in combative roles and criminal roles.
    • Do we really need like 8 different types of thief, two assassins etc. 13 different ways to be a cop.
    • Introduce more legitimate money making enterprises or roles that encourage community participation. Not just throwing a bitcoin addon on there and dusting your hands with it (Suggestions are welcome here).
  10. EXTREMELY CONTROVERSIAL: A look at potentially increasing the raid requirements to an even higher level or preferably first prestige to stimulate playerbase growth. Of course, levels the same and under can still raid each other. It would just prevent higher non-competitive players from dominating the unranked landscape
    • This would conversely 'relax' the atmosphere a bit more.
  11. Addon review - what's used, what isn't. Farming mod at this stage is utterly pointless. Weed is utterly pointless. Drug dealer/bartender etc. pointless. - No real reward for doing those jobs would be good if they at least offered reasonable XP towards your eLevel if not in-game cash, no interest at all despite player involvement.
    • Reducing the addon load would improve performance for clients too.
  12. Map Cleanup & Review - full check of spawn points, map doors etc. effectively a full "bug sweep"
This document is a work in progress and should be treated as such. Your suggestions and feedback will work into the document over time.

swans-jailer
Xirii

Comments

Jopsalami

Goonsquad
May 9, 2018
What might help it more noobie friendly is balancing the weapon damage so it takes more than 3 seconds to kill someone because as it is getting csed means your dead, it would be more of a fun experience if the fight lasted around 10s+ just to kill one person that way crews would be more usefull and the rise of crews would begin. The noobies wont get insta killed makes them feel like they might have a fighting chance if they had more people. this is just a quick idea needs a little refining.

swans-jailer

Brontide

Staff member
Server Staff
Apr 27, 2018
Unfortunately I have to agree with Xirii this time. Due to a current incident, the server is unplayable.
However, I'd like to point out some things myself.

Let's start with the most extreme one:
The Staff Team.

I hereby propose an entire purge towards the whole staff team, once my exams finish, that way I can rebuild the staff team from 0. Yes most of you will be angry at me, others won't. I would certainly get help from Xirii and probably Pixal to help me rebuild it. Some will probably get PMed the same day the team gets purged to allow to rebuild it.

This is just a proposition. Please do not hate me on this. It is the only fair solution, if the server gets wiped however here comes the deal.
I myself am willing to enter this purge, should it be deemed by the community and should the community want to choose a new community manager. I will let you folks decide, as in players and staff.

Onto the server stuff:

I believe the crafting mod should be kept but nerfed. A legendary gun should be legendary. In case a player finds someone with a legendary gun they should be amazed. It should become unique pretty much. Making it so rare, the person who has it, will never ever want to get rid of it.

The weapons damage should be like followed (this is just an example):

Common - 1x Damage
Rare - 1.25x Damage
Epic - 1.5x Damage
Legendary - 2x Damage MAX!

Making a legendary gun still valuable, but not able to 1 shot kill someone.

Crafting should be seperated in various things, such as printer farming, mining, lumberjacking, etc, making it a bit harder to get one.

Onto the level stuff:

We should limit the max prestiges. We should only be able to max out 2 or 3 skills. Not all of them (No one really uses fall damage).
Making players having to decide between being a tank, a super fast person (also promotes use of vehicles to get around), a raider, etc.
This also encourage team work, such as leaving the tank at the base while the DPS go and get some loot.

Drugs

Should it be decided to get used, they should provide player buffs, encouraging the use of them. Such as temporary more health regen, movement speed. Of course after they wear out negative side effects come into play.

For now this is all I have to say.

(Of course we can always wipe Half of the playerbase to achieve: PERFECT BALANCE! LIKE ALL THINGS SHOULD BE)[/

Honestly, I have to 110% agree with you on this, HOWEVER NO FUCK NO. We are not changing community manager, you are fit for the job and do everything you're supposed to.

swans-jailer
Feb 22, 2018
Totaly agree on What deathshadow said, especialy the part where the weapons Will be nerfed and the max prestige set to 3 skills.
However I dislike the part where the staff team is going to be purged but its necessary at this point

Unfortunately I have to agree with Xirii this time. Due to a current incident, the server is unplayable.
However, I'd like to point out some things myself.

Let's start with the most extreme one:
The Staff Team.

I hereby propose an entire purge towards the whole staff team, once my exams finish, that way I can rebuild the staff team from 0. Yes most of you will be angry at me, others won't. I would certainly get help from Xirii and probably Pixal to help me rebuild it. Some will probably get PMed the same day the team gets purged to allow to rebuild it.

This is just a proposition. Please do not hate me on this. It is the only fair solution, if the server gets wiped however here comes the deal.
I myself am willing to enter this purge, should it be deemed by the community and should the community want to choose a new community manager. I will let you folks decide, as in players and staff.

Onto the server stuff:

I believe the crafting mod should be kept but nerfed. A legendary gun should be legendary. In case a player finds someone with a legendary gun they should be amazed. It should become unique pretty much. Making it so rare, the person who has it, will never ever want to get rid of it.

The weapons damage should be like followed (this is just an example):

Common - 1x Damage
Rare - 1.25x Damage
Epic - 1.5x Damage
Legendary - 2x Damage MAX!

Making a legendary gun still valuable, but not able to 1 shot kill someone.

Crafting should be seperated in various things, such as printer farming, mining, lumberjacking, etc, making it a bit harder to get one.

Onto the level stuff:

We should limit the max prestiges. We should only be able to max out 2 or 3 skills. Not all of them (No one really uses fall damage).
Making players having to decide between being a tank, a super fast person (also promotes use of vehicles to get around), a raider, etc.
This also encourage team work, such as leaving the tank at the base while the DPS go and get some loot.

Drugs

Should it be decided to get used, they should provide player buffs, encouraging the use of them. Such as temporary more health regen, movement speed. Of course after they wear out negative side effects come into play.

For now this is all I have to say.

(Of course we can always wipe Half of the playerbase to achieve: PERFECT BALANCE! LIKE ALL THINGS SHOULD BE)

swans-jailer

DeathShadow

Community Manager
Premium
VIP
Mar 2, 2017
Germany or Portugal
drewscommunity.com
Totaly agree on What deathshadow said, especialy the part where the weapons Will be nerfed and the max prestige set to 3 skills.
However I dislike the part where the staff team is going to be purged but its necessary at this point
I plan to refresh the team once the new update comes out, if we are resetting everything I believe a reset of the staff team with a new structure is needed. Of course, the same day it happens some of the current staff will get rehired.

swans-jailer
Feb 22, 2018
I plan to refresh the team once the new update comes out, if we are resetting everything I believe a reset of the staff team with a new structure is needed. Of course, the same day it happens some of the current staff will get rehired.
Yes it needs a new structure thats What I ment :p and if we do not Get re-hired we can Just make an application when they open so I’m not all too worried about that, if you’re a good Admin you can Just re-apply or be re-hired

swans-jailer