Status
Not open for further replies.

Flupop <3

Premium
VIP
Feb 17, 2018
Introduction:
Hello to anyone that reads this.
The reason why I have decided to apply for admin is simply because the server needs more admins atm. Every time i play the server there's alot of abusing players/failbase/exploiters/Rdms. No good understanding of the rules on the server. my goal with this is not to just go and ban all of them but to actually guide them to become better players so the server can get the old player base that it used to have.

I have also been away for a long time (1year) and me coming home devoting the first of my time home goes to play the server wanting to get the true DC Community feeling that i used to have. i have gotten older and that also means i have become more mature. my goal is not only to become an admin but also have a positive effect on others.

Basic Details
  • Username: Flupop <3
  • Birthday 16/09/1996
  • Location/Timezone: GMT+1
  • Server Preference: I only play on the modified dark rp server.
  • Are you/were you a mentor on our server? I have never been a mentor.
  • When did you join the server? 14/02/2018
  • Are you part of our Discord? Yes! my name in discord is Flupop
Your Experience
  • Have you Administered a Garry's Mod server before, if yes, do you have experience of ULX & DarkRP administrative tools?: I have never been an admin in any gmod server but around 8 years ago I had one of the most played WCS servers in Css and I used Superadmin as the admin plugin and the commands are pretty much the same so I believe I have great knowledge on how to use ULX.
  • If you have administered a server, what would you consider to be your most difficult situation?: The most difficult situations I have ever dealt with is dealing with players I have to know really well and that thought they would get a free pass because knew me. But as i am now 8 years older i have gotten a lot more grown up and now see situations a whole lot different. in general, I think I will become a very calm admin they don't take BS from anyone.
  • If you have never administered a Garry's Mod server before, have you administered any others (Besides your own)?: I don't think this applies to me.

A bit more about you
  • If you made it so far, my name is Sophus I am 23 years of age I live in central Copenhagen, Denmark. I enjoy traveling, gaming, being with friends. Enough of that the only game I have ever really played is Gmod and I have been around quite a few servers in my nearly 4300 hours of playing the game (1300H ish on this server alone) and I have only once before found a server that I really care about, like I care for DC and back then I didn't feel secure enough to apply for admin and really do something good for the server. BUT that has changed now i am a lot older and experienced in life I know how to behave in any situations not only because of my work/education to become a paramedic but also because I have come from a strong family. when I don't play computer/work or travel I spend a lot of my time with my gf that I have been together with for 4 years. My only goal for the server is to get it in the right direction and make sure other players will enjoy it like I have been doing for the past couple of months.

I have been Admin on this server before. But i was demoted due to a report from a old player called Break. Break was a part of a crew that was in a massive crew fight with my old crew Dexter Laboratory.where he posted a very short clip of me noclipping into his base shooting a half mag in him and then the clip ended. not showing that i stooped the raid because i had nocliped in(I thought his base was nocolided) and apologized and left him alone. Break and i later had a conversation on discord about the whole incident and he even said he knew he should only have included the relevant clip and he never wanted me demoted. i have pictures to back this up if anyone wanna see these feel free to msg me on discord Flupop#7797 (Admins only)

This server means alot to me i have had ups and downs but i keep playing on the server because i enjoy this so much. and i wanna be a part of getting it back on its legs.

Hope You will give me an other shot.

More things i have help'd the server with.
I once found a money dupe on the server instead of exploiting it ruinign the server i reported it so all the higher up admins.
i was a part of the team that found the mining bug and reported it to drew/rick/Xirii
i have also helped busting xenial for weapons dupe on the server.

Situations
Racism: Over Voice chat, I would ask for proof if he cant provide proof I will have to dismiss the ticket. if proof/chat shown from logs confirms the report or what i see in general I will perm ban the player. as Racism is a big nono. and I have no tolerance for racists

RDM: Ask for proof and check logs, listen to what the 2 players have to say if I find the player guilty of rdming I will warn.

Mass RDM: Depending on how bad the situation is and make sure it is not just a bunch of low levels being crossfired. if it is done for the sole purpose of just killing all they can before ban i will perma ban them.

swans-jailer
Last edited:
Reactions: Aurel Smith

Kaili Chenner

Premium
VIP
Dec 29, 2017
werent you previously an admin on this server. If so then your information is wrong.
Edit: ok I read in another part saying you have administrated on this server. It should be inside the first question btw.
Also advertising your application in the discord general will not make people support you. Please don’t advertise your application.
This one might be irrelevant but it seems to me you just rejoined recently and now applying for staff? You could consider that low players that we are currently having may effect your results. :/ Not for me to judge but leave it for more replies

swans-jailer
Last edited:
Reactions: Flupop <3

Flupop <3

Premium
VIP
Feb 17, 2018
werent you previously an admin on this server. If so then your information is wrong.
Edit: ok I read in another part saying you have administrated on this server. It should be inside the first question btw.
Also advertising your application in the discord general will not make people support you. Please don’t advertise your application.
This one might be irrelevant but it seems to me you just rejoined recently and now applying for staff? You could consider that low players that we are currently having may effect your results. :/ Not for me to judge but leave it for more replies
Hello, thanks for the answer.

I understand what you mean.
Me posting it in the discord was have some people come and just read it. I know that no one will just give me positive feedback just because I have made this post.
I wrote this because in the last few days I have been back I have only seen admins on for around 5-7% of the time and I have played more than 20 hours and let me just take an example. yesterday we had a guy no colliding his car driving into bases steal printer and drive out, RDM, Propsurf, Kidnap me and stick me to a wall for 30mins for then me having to wait 5 mins and he comes kidnaping me again. this happened to more than one player and there was not admin on.

What I'm saying is that I know the rules, I used to use them to my advantage to get strong quick, and I did but now I just wanna help the community. and it is hard to build a player base of there's no admin on to guide new player that are not following the rules to actually follow them and get a strong community where players don't get minged for minding their own business for then after just to leave the server and not come back.

swans-jailer
Reactions: Kaili Chenner

Kaili Chenner

Premium
VIP
Dec 29, 2017
Hello, thanks for the answer.

I understand what you mean.
Me posting it in the discord was have some people come and just read it. I know that no one will just give me positive feedback just because I have made this post.
I wrote this because in the last few days I have been back I have only seen admins on for around 5-7% of the time and I have played more than 20 hours and let me just take an example. yesterday we had a guy no colliding his car driving into bases steal printer and drive out, RDM, Propsurf, Kidnap me and stick me to a wall for 30mins for then me having to wait 5 mins and he comes kidnaping me again. this happened to more than one player and there was not admin on.

What I'm saying is that I know the rules, I used to use them to my advantage to get strong quick, and I did but now I just wanna help the community. and it is hard to build a player base of there's no admin on to guide new player that are not following the rules to actually follow them and get a strong community where players don't get minged for minding their own business for then after just to leave the server and not come back.
No hard feelings here! Just that you gave a correct answer to your motivation of becoming admin better than your application ngl. As long as you don’t abuse then I’m good.

swans-jailer

Del Boy

Staff member
Server Manager
Premium
VIP
Respected
Jun 23, 2017
United Kingdom
Its great to see you have applied to become admin again, i remember you being an admin from before and you was pretty good, i can see you are also commenting a lot on people suggestions and making improvements which is what i like to see also, we need more admins on the forums.

I have seen you in game and playing around, which is great for new players.
I wanna ask if you feel you get admin, how will you help the server? and what times do you think you can cover in a normal week?
i know you wrote the reason why you was applying but i wanted a more in detail version, such as how you will properly guide these minges and new players?

swans-jailer

Flupop <3

Premium
VIP
Feb 17, 2018
Its great to see you have applied to become admin again, i remember you being an admin from before and you was pretty good, i can see you are also commenting a lot on people suggestions and making improvements which is what i like to see also, we need more admins on the forums.

I have seen you in game and playing around, which is great for new players.
I wanna ask if you feel you get admin, how will you help the server? and what times do you think you can cover in a normal week?
i know you wrote the reason why you was applying but i wanted a more in detail version, such as how you will properly guide these minges and new players?
Thanks for taking your time to answer my admin application.

I used to be a paramedic but as of now i'm trying to start my own business witch means i will be spending alot of time with my friend coding. that also means i can be on the server alot as i will be close to my computer. i only need to be available to pick up the phone if it calls me. and work besides being on the server

Every admin has his/her own style of being an admin. What i think a lot of players found wrong with me the last time was i knew the rules so well and if players broke them i would be quick to punish them accordingly. this will help me to guide the new players teaching them how to follow the rules and give the player the great game play they deserve when playing the server. But this also means that the group of players that only come to the server to minge will be found quickly and dealt with to eliminate the bad influence that they have on the players that just wanna enjoy the server. I used to be strict you can also see that in admin complains about me that i was quick to warn players, that did not follow them instead of teaching them how to become a better player. i know that now when i look in retro spec. Over all i would be a great fit and i would try to be on as much as possible some days more then others but i will be an admin that tries my best.

swans-jailer

Swedengamer100

Staff member
Server Staff
Premium
Dec 16, 2017
Sweden
From what I've read you've been a good player and also been admin before on ccrp, tho I have one question. Why have you never asked for an admin/staff to hop on the server to deal with the rule breakers? If you would have tagged staff in the discord I would'ev been able to hop on and deal with them. +/-

swans-jailer

Flupop <3

Premium
VIP
Feb 17, 2018
From what I've read you've been a good player and also been admin before on ccrp, tho I have one question. Why have you never asked for an admin/staff to hop on the server to deal with the rule breakers? If you would have tagged staff in the discord I would'ev been able to hop on and deal with them. +/-
Tbh, that is what i should have done. the main problem was more that i was doing something at the time. and Frosty was trying to get del boy on and i thought he had written to other admins as well so i thought the admins were informed. and therefore i should not need to also try to get an admin on. @Frostey

swans-jailer
Status
Not open for further replies.