Dragon's Staff App (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 29, 2019
Note:
I haven't changed the staff application from my previous as I believe there is nothing to expand upon aside from that I have spent a significant amount of time on the server and I stand by my answers, I understood that on my first attempt that I was a new member of the community and knew that there was a slim chance of being accepted, but I now believe I have been around for long enough that another try should be attempted.

Dragon's Staff Application
General Info
In game name: 104th ??? 0130 Dragon
Discord name and number: Dragon_#0013
Proffered name: Dragon
Timezone: GMT

Activity
How many regiments are you apart of: One - 104th (Dislike multiple characters and preferred to have one story)
Which Character do you play most: 104th Dragon
How long you play during the week per day: Aprox. 4-7 Hrs. (Working Day) /// Aprox. 4-9 Hrs. (Non-Working Day)
How long you play during the weekend per day: Same as above (I work any day of the week in hospitality)

Previous Punishments
Any previous punishments on the SWRP server: None to this date aside from a few verbal warnings.
Any previous punishments on other DC servers: None I am aware of / Never played

About you
What makes you stand out from other Applicants: My vast knowledge of servers, how they work, what is expected and how to proceed with situations.
Tell us about you:
The long story:

I started playing gmod in the early days when servers were nothing more than sandboxes and hamachi servers, playing with friends and making wacky creations, I always had an interest in gmod because of the potential and in a way I grew with it, fast forward into the future I started to join darkRP servers, having fun on the pointless grind and meeting different people and soon became staff on a server, enjoying the life of being able to punish those who broke the rules and help out other players gave me the drive to do more, and then once the RP servers came I started looking for my place and soon enough I found someone called Mikey who taught me everything I know about events, we ran them together and eventually grew as one and it shaped me into what I am today, I go from RP servers to servers gaining a chance to be a game-master and plan out events for players from a squad of 5 people to a huge battlefield of 90, I have learned and tried out various ways of giving players the best experience they can, it has been a bumpy ride and many failures and achievements along the way but I am not perfect and never will be, I am a very understanding player and take everything into account, be it on events or staffing issues or general training, I take note of the lowly CT all the way to the higher generals, I listen to both sides of the story and get everyone's view.

I also have started to expand my services by creating screenshots/art/scenes on gmod as well as doing some modelling work, mainly textures and adding body-groups but all skills I enjoy and want to do more of, and now I have come to this server offering my services and my knowledge in hopes of providing a better experience to the players.

I live a pretty standard life other than my enjoyment for airsoft, sharp things and living a life of solitude so there is not much to be discussed there.

Short version:

I grew up playing gmod and eventually became staff, I enjoyed it and found servers to stay on and rise through the ranks and now I have ended up here, seeking a new place to call home on gmod.

Choose ONE personality trait that describes you the best: This describes me the best, though it can be considered good and bad: Truthful/Blunt.

Why should we choose you over other Applicants: I have a vast knowledge of gmod, very few things are alien to me and I can pick up new systems and ways fairly easily, another reason is that I am an insomniac, registered and diagnosed, not a self-claimed one, I usually play on US servers as I am awake until 2-3am(England GMT) or more, on US servers people are still playing, but on my days off, I can be online when there are 5 people, growing up to peak hours and be online after and back to only 10 or less are on.

Experience
Have you ever been staff on a SWRP server: On various, at a rought estimate - around 10-12, some shutdown, others I voluntarily left.
If yes, What were your duties: Game-master/event planner, community manager, co-owner, admin, head-game-master/event planner - Generally all things from keeping order, making rules, checking on staff all the way down to helping players with questions, dealing with rule-breakers and carrying out events.
Have you ever been staff on a GMOD server: Various other servers ranging from sandbox, darkRP, halo and even a ponyvilleRP one for shanangins for an hour.
If yes, What were your duties: Mostly the exact same as the previous answer minus the event/game master for DarkRP.
Have you ever been staff on an Online Community: As stated above, yes
If yes, What were your duties: Creating staff opportunities, expanding the community as a whole via advertising, merging with other communities or sucking in players/staff from servers that were shutting down, managing discord roles, channels, perms ect, keeping the rules up to date and constantly checking and updating them to fit players needs, hiring designers for maps, logos and more.

Scenarios
A player is requesting a staff member and you respond. They say a player has been ERPing through PMs and /me commands when close to them, how do you respond?
I would ask the player who the players in question are, how recent / long ago was the last incident and if they could provide proof in any way, then I would separately go to the players in question and ask them about the situation, (If access to logs I would check before-hand to see if they were / were not doing what they were accused of), I would then interview them about what they were accused of and explain that the behaviour and what they were doing is unacceptable and not tolerated, depending on how truthful they were(provided I could see in logs) the punishment would be carried out, typically a warning.
If however they were found innocent I would apologise for the inconvenience and return to the player who accused them and explain that there was no rule breaking and try to ask why they either made up the claim or mistook them for different players, if found to be completely false and made up they would be warned.

You are playing with your friends during an event. You catch your friend and a CT both breaking rules and minging, what do you do?
As a staff member you have a responsibility to enforce all rules of the server and be unbiased to anyone, this means that you would take both your friend and CT into a sit to ask them about the situation, explain the rules to the CT and how such behaviour is not tolerated on the server, as for the friend I would explain that just because we were friends I would not treat him differently and would carry out the same punishments as everyone else and offer no "get out of jail free cards" both would receive a warning or more if needs be depending on the severity and attitude of the players.

A 212th Airborne is coming in to the Main Hangar Bay from the Jedi Temple and there happens to be a decent number of players in the Main Hangar Bay. The 212th comes in for a landing but, the 212th lands on top of the players by complete accident, what action needs to be taken here?
Depending on the situation I would investigate with the surrounding people, ask the survivors (if any) what happened, if they just stood there or ran under the ship intentionally then the 212th would be excused and explained to, if they did not see the ship I would go to the 212th and explain that there are players around in the main-hanger and radio/comms in for assistance for landing if needs be, depending on the attitude of the player would depend on the punishment, if aggressive and their attitude was hostile towards me then they would receive a warning, if they were apologetic and understanding they would get a verbal warning from me and would not be taken any further (granted it was an accident and not intentional.)

Declaration
Do you understand that your application may not be successful and that asking about your application may result in instant denial:
I fully understand.

Apologies for the seemingly long or over-explained application.
I have not yet been in a position to help others on the server other than my words but I wish to change that.
-D

swans-jailer
Reactions: DeathShadow

Yegrinth

Staff member
Senior Staff
Server Staff
VIP
Oct 27, 2018
scotland
, others I voluntarily left.
why? did you get bored? did issues happen cauing you to leave? please expand this part.

How long you play during the week per day: Aprox. 4-7 Hrs. (Working Day) /// Aprox. 4-9 Hrs. (Non-Working Day)
Iv'e seen you go afk a lot. for very long periods of time. having staff afk for over about 30 minutes isnt good especially if they are the only one on.

swans-jailer
Sep 10, 2018
Gibraltar
Since your last app you've improved a lot in activity, even tho ur AFK sometimes you still play on more than u used to, youve been on the server more and people trust you more, ur contributing to other outside factors with the staff team such as the loading screen pics and the event ideas that are original. You've ranked up in 104th and that reflects everything mostly, ur a nice guy too and not an asshole so big +1 from me. Hope you get staff

swans-jailer
Apr 29, 2019
if you didnt changed anything then why do you re-apply if this was the reason of your denial?

I was denied because I was very new to the server, it wasn't my staff app that let me down, it was the fact that I had didn't have any connections or wasn't familiar with people on the server.

swans-jailer
Apr 29, 2019
why? did you get bored? did issues happen cauing you to leave? please expand this part.

Iv'e seen you go afk a lot. for very long periods of time. having staff afk for over about 30 minutes isnt good especially if they are the only one on.

I left usually because of life stuff or the way the server was evolving, sometimes the higher ups would decide against things or for things with no thought or input from everyone else, thus leading to people leaving, the servers I left were ones that at peak-times had 30-40 people and the decisions of the higher ups led to it becoming 15 or less on a weekend at peak time.

The AFK-ing I've since stopped, sometimes I am here and just tabbed out doing other things (Like writing my event story-line) so it may seem like I am afk but if I see something happening out the corner of the screen I'll tab back in, I'm usually in discord too, the only times I'm not here is when I'm at work or out.
I wasn't aware that being AFK was a bad thing until a few weeks ago.

The problem I have is that I work in a hotel, I work all days of the week and usually start at 12pm until 11pm-ish or from 6pm to 10-11pm, which are peak times, I am on during the day from around 12 - 5 on my work days and sometimes come on after but this is not peak time, on my days off I sometimes come on the server at 3 and don't get off until around 7-8ish.

swans-jailer

Drewbie

Staff member
Owner
Nov 30, 2015
Trusted by Drew because he makes him free shit?
No because he does something to help us and not on my request

I didnt want to comment on an app because I rarely do, but you kind of forced me to.

swans-jailer
Status
Not open for further replies.