Dom The Dangerous

Supreme Meme
Server Staff
SWRP Event Staff
Premium
Feb 9, 2017
United Kingdom
Introduction
Right boys time to do this the real way turns out asking drewbie to give you mod is looked down on by some, soooo here's my application please take your time to read through it and feel free to scrutinise and pick at whatever you want to feedbacks always good :D As a preface I have been staff quite recently and just did normal staff duties, the reason it was removed was because I did not obtain the rank in the appropriate method which is why we are here today.

General Info

In game name: Dom

Discord name and number: Dom#9296

Preffered name: Dom the dangerous

Age (Must be 16+, You may be asked to provide ID) 18

Timezone: GMT

Activity

How many regiments are you apart of: 3 Fleet, RC, Jedi

Which Character do you play most: Fleet Ensign atm

How long you play during the week per day: averaging about 4 hours a day lately

How long you play during the weekend per day: will be around 6 hours a day

Previous Punishments

We can check these things so do not lie.

Any previous punishments on the SWRP server: Got a slap on the wrist for Ltapping once

Any previous punishments on other DC servers: Got perma banned a few times as a joke by jack and Tk and bilbo

About you

What makes you stand out from other Applicants: I've been server manager before.

Tell us about you: I'm an 18 year old gamer who tends to binge games quite alot but recently I've been trying to keep it in moderation. I make friends quickly most the time and always get along with others. I like to keep my perspective seperate from others and always try to see a situation from multiple points, I believe this is what has made me a great staff member in the past and which could help me in the future. I work a pretty average job in home bargains and work around 30 hours a week but more if people are sick etc. This Can take away from the time I get to play games however I try my best to make sure it doesn't

Choose ONE personality trait that describes you the best: Autistic

Why should we choose you over other Applicants: Because of my vast experience on multiple servers and my (usually) cool head and informed decisions.

Experience

Have you ever been staff on a SWRP server: Yes

If yes, What were your duties: Server Manager, Updating the server listening to player feedback, managing other staff members, arguing with TK and trying to keep the server alive and stable. I spent about 6 months as staff on the server helping develop it from the nothingness we once had. I was part of the original set of staff members and was in fact the first ever server manager. During my time as server manager we hit alot of highs for the server and had it in a really good state. I left due to other interests pulling me away from the game. Sometimes I do wish that I had stayed and helped the server grow to what it is today but here I am back again for new experiences with new people. I know alot probably haven't seen me before or even remember me much but yeah I always tried my hardest to be fair and keep as many people happy as possible although sometimes I didn't make the right decisions I do believe I helped the server grow ALOT in the time I was staff and I hope to help it again.

Scenarios

A player is requesting a staff member and you respond. They say a player has been ERPing through PMs and /me commands when close to them, how do you respond?

Give the Player a verbal warning letting them know that ERP is not allowed in the server and asking them to take it to discord. If they get caught again I would take more serious action but most the time it doesn't go passed a verbal warning.

You are playing with your friends during an event. You catch your friend and a CT both breaking rules and minging, what do you do?

I would get away from other troopers no clip to a safe destination so I cannot be seen then question the CT on his actions. There would probably be another person complaining about the CT I would also pull them to get a story on what actually happened. Then I would give a system warning to the CT and let him know that if it carries on it may result in a ban.

A 212th Airborne is coming in to the Main Hangar Bay from the Jedi Temple and there happens to be a decent number of players in the Main Hangar Bay. The 212th comes in for a landing but, the 212th lands on top of the players by complete accident, what action needs to be taken here?

I would tell the 212th that they should check where they are landing. However I would not take anymore action as a staff member as it can be dealt with in RP by the 212ths superiors/fleet.

Declaration

Do you understand that your application may not be successful and that asking about your application may result in instant denial: Yes

swans-jailer

Alexware02

Staff member
Senior Staff
Server Staff
Dec 7, 2018
Stockholm, Sweden
To start of with, I don't know if anyone looked down on you but many of us were a but confused wether you were apart of the staff team of what was happening there.

So, let's begin.

Activity, Your activity seems ok, it's been better the past days than earlier.

Previous punishment, Looks alright.

About you, Seems pretty straight on. Your former experience as a DC staff member is good, and former experience is also good. However, what do you mean with "Autistic". If doable, can you explain that part?
Seeing a situation from more than 1 point is always a good skill, Being able to keep a cool head is also good since there are times where we deal with sits that can frustrate some people.

Experience, As I said before your past experience not only as a staff but a former DC staff is a + in the corner.

Scenarios,
A player is requesting a staff member and you respond. They say a player has been ERPing through PMs and /me commands when close to them, how do you respond?

Give the Player a verbal warning letting them know that ERP is not allowed in the server and asking them to take it to discord. If they get caught again I would take more serious action but most the time it doesn't go passed a verbal warning.
Good answer, nothing more to say here.

You are playing with your friends during an event. You catch your friend and a CT both breaking rules and minging, what do you do?

I would get away from other troopers no clip to a safe destination so I cannot be seen then question the CT on his actions. There would probably be another person complaining about the CT I would also pull them to get a story on what actually happened. Then I would give a system warning to the CT and let him know that if it carries on it may result in a ban.
Seems good, but what actions would you take towards your friend?

A 212th Airborne is coming in to the Main Hangar Bay from the Jedi Temple and there happens to be a decent number of players in the Main Hangar Bay. The 212th comes in for a landing but, the 212th lands on top of the players by complete accident, what action needs to be taken here?

I would tell the 212th that they should check where they are landing. However I would not take anymore action as a staff member as it can be dealt with in RP by the 212ths superiors/fleet.
Nothing to add here, It's a good answer and happy you said you won't take actions as a staff member. However, if it happens to often there might be actions you'll have to take.

In general the applications is good, however remember that the server and rules has changed a bit since last you were staff. You'll get a +1 from me unless my opinon changes.

swans-jailer

Dom The Dangerous

Supreme Meme
Server Staff
SWRP Event Staff
Premium
Feb 9, 2017
United Kingdom
However, what do you mean with "Autistic". If doable, can you explain that part?

Seems good, but what actions would you take towards your friend?

In general the applications is good, however remember that the server and rules has changed a bit since last you were staff. You'll get a +1 from me unless my opinon changes.
So I always include the fact that i'm autistic for a laugh (I do actually have High Functioning Autism) but it's not really anything to note it won't take away from my ability, except I can get a bit confused sometimes.

So I misread the scenario and didn't see it saying that the friend had partaken in it, but I would just pull him and he'd get the same punishment.

And finally thanks for the feedback honestly didn't think I would get much support so it's nice to see.

swans-jailer
Status
Not open for further replies.