disconnected cheating/hacking.

Apr 25, 2019
There was a ban appeal on someone banned for cheating, i even said he properly was lying until i tried joining the server today. i went to join and took a shower i then came back and it said "disconnected cheating/hacking." this confused me and i thought it was a glitch so i continued to try and login and it keeps saying "disconnected cheating/hacking." i don't hack never have, please help.

it has now let me join however that was an issue dont know if other players have experienced?

swans-jailer
Last edited:

Xirii

Supreme Meme
DPRK
Nov 30, 2015
Hull, GB
The disconnection is a failsafe by the anti-cheat when you timed out during connection.

This sometimes happens if your content isn't quite up-to-date, your connection to DC isn't very good or the server is lagging heavily. Unless it says you were banned, this is simply a protection measure as your Gmod Client didn't respond in time and you can play when the server's lag or your connection improves.

swans-jailer
Reactions: Bonger711
May 7, 2019
The disconnection is a failsafe by the anti-cheat when you timed out during connection.

This sometimes happens if your content isn't quite up-to-date, your connection to DC isn't very good or the server is lagging heavily. Unless it says you were banned, this is simply a protection measure as your Gmod Client didn't respond in time and you can play when the server's lag or your connection improves.
Thanks for the response! Good to know it's an issue with my Wi-Fi and that I hadn't been banned or something, around my area the weather has been awful so this may be causing the lag for me. Hopefully tomorrow I wont be lagging as bad thanks again!

swans-jailer