DC SWRP Reopening Idea

Should this happen?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 26, 2018
I still agree with a full reset for all the clones. The current "good" Commanders can always make a app for the CO spot like suggested, and can then talk to their Generals to return people to their original rank if they deserve it

swans-jailer

Xirii

Supreme Meme
DPRK
Nov 30, 2015
Hull, GB
"Closing does more harm than good"

No, I'd argue crashing, badly functioning systems and a lack of testing is more harmful than closing a server for a week.

Especially when that server has less than 3 organic, brand-new players a week.

You have a test server, but nothing is really tested. Things are released which are buggy, non-functional or not fit for purpose because rather than properly plan it out and test things thoroughly it is rushed.

CCRP suffers the same fate right now as SWRP.

They are as broken as each other because there aren't enough people helping you develop, test and plan. You keep that to yourself. That needs to change, it needed to change a while ago, when we had a playerbase that shutting down the server would have caused harm at the time.

Instead in fear of "leaking" we have to submit ideas, which don't get planned out or overseen by others and discussed about their effects properly and typically you test with one person rather than multiple and taking all their perspective into account.

Things are just thrown out into the open and we are retrospectively fixing them, what's the point of testing at all if that is all that we do. Addons are haphazardly shoved in without proper planning as to what they will do and how players will interact with them.

A few months ago, back in april, Kai, Bilbo and Death co-developed an entire new, balanced and planned SWRP variant focused on the Empire. Models, jobs, weapons all extensively tested and balanced. It was done, collectively as a team, for the benefit of Drew's Community. A team that should be trusted and should be in charge of bringing new things to the fore, rather than everything filtered through one person, with only one perspective.

However the idea was watered down for the current iteration of SWRP, primarily done for time and also lack of interest in actually bringing something new. Inaction is killing the server, closing it to do something wont.

Think of it as a retail store, they close often to re-fresh the look, bring it up to date and bring in new customers. High time the same happens for DC.

swans-jailer

Cipher

Staff member
Server Staff
Dec 16, 2018
this would completely kill arc as they would have no troops for a while as they dont take CTs and the invites are from MAJ+ there for ARC wouldnt exist for ages

swans-jailer
Reactions: Mazy
Mar 18, 2019
yeah alright it might be good for the server but will make alot of players quit the server. (they lost their rank why go through all the trouble again)

i personally dont really feel this way and will try to get back through 212ths ranks but if this happens who will do tryouts for regiments and give promotions and such?

swans-jailer
Jun 30, 2018
Earth
So wait wait wait. Everyone loses everything. All the generals lose all their hard work to get to that position ? All the commanders and EXOs ? All the Fleet ? All the Jedi council ? Correct me if I’m wrong because I’m confused slightly ? So everyone loses everything ? Am I right ?

swans-jailer
Jun 30, 2018
Earth
In my opinion, stripping all ranks will piss people off and off they go ! We do need to fix these issues with server stuff. New regiments like GM, EOD, Doom and 307th but it may have ripple effects on some regiments. Closing the server is needed to get all the stuff sorted, and I do recommend we close the server for a moment to get things sorted. One the whole some parts are understandal but others are not.

swans-jailer

DeathShadow

Community Manager
Premium
VIP
Mar 2, 2017
Germany or Portugal
drewscommunity.com
I think the only thing that will save the server is the rework. because one thing gets fixed and one thing gets broken
The number one priority is to remove Qusai hes the cause.

Anyhow, now that CGI is done I'd like to hear what the community expects next?
Playerbase has been spiking and I plan to have the event server as one of the next features.

swans-jailer
Status
Not open for further replies.