• Downtown

• Evocity v33x DC

• Evocity Tropics

Results are only viewable after voting.

Drewbie

Staff member
Owner
Nov 30, 2015
Hello, as many of you know CCRP has been struggeling a lot lately and what we do doesn't seem to take effect, we try adding stuff and changing the map but nothing works. Therefor I'm taking out the big guns and taking drastic steps to make CrewConflict great again. Ye I did say that actually "make crewconflict great again". In this post I will explain why the server is currently locked and what will happened.

Wipe
We can start with the tough shit, and thats a wipe. Yes there will be a full eco and gun wipe, one of the reasons I will get to later, but right now lets focus on why Im doing this. Most people will be upset by this, but again everyone is waiting for something they can spend their cash on or do something with, and I can tell you it wont happened when the economy is this unbalaned. This is the longest we have gone without wiping the server. If I for instance introduce a system to spend cash on new people can't afford it if its balanced around those with a lot of money, and if we balance it around people with not so much money, those with money will get everything unlocked very quickly. I'm also gonna bring the economy way down and not try to have these big numbers anymore. And many people have reached their goals it seems like since not so many are playing. I also know this sucks for those people who won giveaways, but we will think of something.

Inventory
One of the reasons for wipe is because we are changing inventory system. The current one is buggy as hell and causes trouble on a daily basis, its just not something we can fix or would like to continue trying to fix. Believe me I have already spent enough on that shit and a lot of good coders have tried. Its also one of the reasons why you crash from the server, this started around when we introduced it even though we manage to reduce it, it still causes it. So lets take a look at the new one. The new one won't have any mining or crafting, you spend your in game cash on crates to unlock weapons (yes unboxing) why? because I want people to actually play and not AFK grind and build the economy around the crafting and mining. I think this will also serve as a drain for money, also the unboxing system comes with scrolls you can use to upgrade your weapon from for instance rare to epic and it can even give you gems you can put on your weapon, there are many cool gems. Some examples:

Life Steal gem: steals HP from your opponent
Kill Tracker: Actually tracks the kills on your weapon

And this system is custom to us. Also the inventory system crates guns based on % of the base weapon so all stats can be tweaked and effect every gun so it will be a lot more easy for us to balance. You can also sell guns and when you drop a gun the package is secured, see screenshots.

Rules
The current rules also need another look and rewriting, they are not bad at all, but I do think they limit the freedom gmod offers a lot and I don't personally like that. I want to encourage more creativity and more unique base designs. When it comes to raiding I might have found a solution, the new inventory system reduces gun damage so it becomes more balanced and not one or two second kills. These guns does a lot less damage which also means we can have longer fights and you can actually progress through a maze with a team, you can probably sustain more than one mag of a good gun if you have the right skills. I think this is important to make it more interesting to raid.

Server administration system
This is not decided yet, but I might do it. ServerGuard has a few problems and now there are more admin mods popping up. There's a new one which is called xAdmin which is really basic and lightweight. ServerGuard is more complex, but it has a lot of shit we don't need.

Read more about xAdmin here: https://www.gmodstore.com/community/threads/6951

Map
Now that I don't really see any difference in playernumbers when it comes to the map we play I want us to pick one we are gonna stay on and rebuild a playerbase on. If I want a new map or anything like that it will be an option for a new server instead like server two use to be. Of course we can for instance make a transfer to a custom version of the map we pick. For instance if we went on downtown and got our own version eventually we would go there. So take a look at our maps and make your vote, just so everyone is aware I can veto it if I want to.

The maps you can vote on:

Rp Downtown Tits v2 https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1527403485&searchtext=downtown+tits
Rp evocity v33x dc https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1550787531
Rp evocity dc tropics https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1708804947

I completely understand people will be upset or frustrated about this, but if there was ever a good time for this its now and im not gonna sit on my hands and let CrewConflict fadeout.

Some pictures from the inventory system:

swans-jailer

Drewbie

Staff member
Owner
Nov 30, 2015
Wasn't the new inventory system suppose to be for a new server and not this one?
It will go to both, but the other one will have a different set of guns. And I can't publish it in time and I don't want CrewConflict to be abandoned. If people can't take this as good news I don't know what they want, im sure people don't want to play on an empty server with their grinded tuned guns and billions to not spend on anything.

swans-jailer

Drewbie

Staff member
Owner
Nov 30, 2015
I'm not mad, I love this, this should make the server fresh and new. I was getting bored of Crew Conflict, hopefully I will enjoy the server now as much as I used to enjoy it. You work your ass off for this server, much love and lots of respect to you, Drew
Thank that makes me very happy to hear, appreciate it ?

swans-jailer

H20Slicer

Staff member
Senior Staff
Server Staff
Premium
VIP
Respected
Third Reich
Mar 18, 2018
Also @Drewbie don't forget to rework the store, if someone comes along with a load of cash to blow on in game money the guns basically turn into pay to win for them.

swans-jailer

Drewbie

Staff member
Owner
Nov 30, 2015
Also @Drewbie don't forget to rework the store, if someone comes along with a load of cash to blow on in game money the guns basically turn into pay to win for them.
I dont think I will remove the option to buy in game cash, but the packages and prices must be changed to match the economy. For instance if I left 500 mill in game cash there now you would have a lot of money.

But there will be no restrictions on cases or items. They will all be able to unlocked by in game cash and not some silly credit store system like other servers does.

swans-jailer

DeathShadow

Community Manager
Premium
VIP
Mar 2, 2017
Germany or Portugal
drewscommunity.com
I love this inventory system, very nice. But I gotta say, a wipe. I am insanely pissed about cause I worked my ass off for what I've gotten.
Yeah and we don't do a wipe, then adding these new systems will be useless, considering the top richest players will unlock everything in a matter of minutes.

swans-jailer
Reactions: Voyager
Oct 24, 2018
Ngl i would like to see something new here since i stopped playing because of the same shit we used to do now i have 200mil+ in game money and there is nothing to spend on beside the guns. I do think this update and wipe will be very good to the server and to us. But hear me out im sad too that the hard * cough * EARNED MONEY * cough * we got will be lost but that might be a good think we dont know what good have for us we just pray to him and hope for the best.

( sidenote: i said cough earned money cough because the way i got 200mil on top of my 100mil is by joining an ongoing event which they offered money to the winner team and i was on the winner team and i didnt do anything at all i didnt even kill someone XD)

swans-jailer

MrKiller

Premium
Jul 10, 2018
I think the first wipe made us lose all the players that came along to play and spent money to buy guns and other stuff from the third party store, I haven't seen the server that full after that wipe. Yes it was unbalanced because everyone had trillions, but the new players would come and get picked on then they'd work their ass off to get even with older players, that's what kept the server going. anyway I hope cc always stays and doesn't die because I really love this place and the community. But the truth is, new people aren't coming anymore. The updates are amazing and I just think we need sufficient advertising and marketing.

swans-jailer
Reactions: Edvin :Ʒ and Bingo

MrKiller

Premium
Jul 10, 2018
Also, if we are planning to reset, setup all new players to recieve a one time 2 million or even 5 to start off on the server. It would boost newer players to make a place.

swans-jailer