Community Update: Where are we headed?

Hello everyone,

I know we haven't posted a general Community Update for a very, very long time. Either way, we understand how all the servers are doing now, and there's no point in denying, interest in Gmod, in general, is fading. We can notice this by the decreasing player counts. It's a sad thing to see happening, but it's part of life. There were good times and happy memories; even I have a certain vibe of nostalgia.

So the point of this thread is to give you guys what lays ahead and reply to a few questions, most commonly: Is DC shutting down? No.

Drew built this community with the idea of gathering people online to meet and have some good vibes. I believe he managed to achieve just this, obviously, right now, player bases are low, but a lot of you still hang around Discord and the forums. I even know a few of you made a few small groups to play other games together. So obviously, we are happy with the result.

So where have the three big heads been, namely Drew, Xirii and myself?

All 3 of us have been quite busy with life; Xirii got a new place, Drew has a job, and so do I. Our interest in gmod faded a good while ago, but we still would love to keep this community running, as it allowed us to meet amazing people online.

After careful consideration, we have decided to move our focus away from Gmod (we will still have the servers and support them, but it's not our main one) towards Rust.

Rust has been booming. Lately, a lot of people I spoke with showed interest, myself included. It's a project we wouldn't mind giving a try, but we require help.

This is where you guys come in. We want to collect many ideas to make sure we keep the servers stable, fair and fun.

Should you have any feedback for this, let us know in this thread. One of our primary concerns is raising funds. We want to provide people with the ability to buy packages, but at the same time, we don't want to generate a pay2play or pay2win server; maybe someone has a good idea for this?

What about CCRP?

CrewConflictRP is not forgotten and will receive a new update. Server two is shut down, and CCRP will only run on CCRP Evocity. The latest update will include many updates and fixes to scripts that have been broken over the recent gmod updates.

We are changing up the weapons and adding back the old glory guns. These are guns such as TFA super shotgun and ACR. And yes, you will be able to smack open doors as you could back in the OG days.

Drewbie did drop this hint on the Discord a few days ago
1614273036018.png

What about SWRP?

SWRP is fine at the moment, and we will continue to let the current management team handle it. More updates will be dropped too.

Anyhow, I hope to see you all soon and maybe even see some returning faces to our servers.

We have a few more projects planned down the road, but all in due time.

swans-jailer

Comments

Solid

Server Staff
Premium
VIP
Official Guide Author
Dec 30, 2017
Okay, cool.
I love to hear what's going on. I think it's a good idea to test some stuff on Rust since I myself have multiple friends that play it as of now, sadly I do not care for the game, so I'm not going to be a big participator in that. :rolleyes:

I do however have a massive 100% hype for DC to be one of the first on both Unturned 2 (which is maybe 50-60% in the works till Nelson, the main dev, can open it up for everyone) and S&box.

swans-jailer
Reactions: Drewbie
May 15, 2018
Maybe give the server a point shop for cosmetics or a point shop for other things. Make it so the different ranks will be able to give you slightly more points than the average player.

As for Ideas you probably shouldn't input is probably, set-
home, and hp/weapon advantages.

All in all, I think Drew's Community is heading in the right direction and expanding is the right move for the server and I can definitely see myself playing again.

swans-jailer
Reactions: Drewbie

Drewbie

Staff member
Owner
Nov 30, 2015
Maybe give the server a point shop for cosmetics or a point shop for other things. Make it so the different ranks will be able to give you slightly more points than the average player.

As for Ideas you probably shouldn't input is probably, set-
home, and hp/weapon advantages.

All in all, I think Drew's Community is heading in the right direction and expanding is the right move for the server and I can definitely see myself playing again.
Also, does ranks transfer? Like Vip, prem etc. or is it different like StarWars rp?
Can we give cosmetic stuff on rust? thought the steam marketplace had skins covered.

And I'm not sure I understand what you mean by transfering ranks? over to rust?

swans-jailer

Del Boy

Server Manager
Premium
VIP
Respected
Jun 23, 2017
United Kingdom
It's a shame to see how CCRP drifted to, and im glad its not totally given up on. i wanna see it succeed, maybe when we all have more time to work on it in the future and if gmod playerbase is gonna boost again.
I have seen a big boost in Rust since Christmas, and ive been playing a great deal myself aswell. their is definitely a big hype behind it, i would love to see a modded Rust server in the future.

swans-jailer
May 15, 2018
Can we give cosmetic stuff on rust? thought the steam marketplace had skins covered.

And I'm not sure I understand what you mean by transfering ranks? over to rust?
CCRP is barely hanging on to a thread and I was wondering if those who had ranks on CCRP will get the same rank on rust.

swans-jailer
Dec 14, 2019
Yes.
Yes please, rust server sounds dope asf. I love this community but i like most people stopped liking gmod, so a rust server would be something refreshing and new.
As i don't have a life i have played a fair bit of rust and your asking for ideas but first i think you should get the base principal of what type of rust server you want?

A easy to acess for new people so it's not as tryhard, a roleplaying rust server, a hardcore sweat rust server, a minigames server and onwards.You can play around with rust quite a lot and do a lot of different stuff. But the most important thing before you start discussing ideas is figuring out exactly what type of rust server. As there is a mode for ''beginners'' to rust that makes it a lot easier so to say. But the tryhards won't like it as much and might get annoyed. And for roleplaying reasons things like /outpost (which teleports you to outpost which is a safe zone) or /banditcamp (samething as outpost but different stuff in it and gambling) could be very useful commands, same with /tpr and /sethome.

So my tip is first to figure out exactly what type of server you want wheter it's a hardcore,simple,minigame,roleplaying or something else for that matter.

Im happy to give ideas or help if you ever want it and love the direction the community is taking.

swans-jailer
Dec 14, 2019
Oh rightyou guys were asking for ideas regarding bundels and what not. It depends on what type of server, if you have commands like /sethome,/tpr,/trade and onwards you usually have a cooldown on all of them for like 2-5 minutes. Tips for VIP or what not could be to reduce those cooldowns. The same goes for respawning on a bed after dying, you can reduce that cooldown if you have a certain rank. For example the normal bed time is 120 seconds, but if you buy vip it gets reduced to 60 seconds.

Other things that might ruin it a bit would be P2P kits. So a kit that gives you a bunch of stuff and you payed for it. Im against these but hey if the rest of the community wants it why not.

I don't know if skins work the way Cute said. I think he is right in some regard but i personally don't really know, but it would be cool if it would work out.

But again comming up with these will be easier when you decide exactly what type of server you want.

swans-jailer
Sep 25, 2019
Trying to make money of Rust servers is very difficult as it is easy to go from harmless purchases to Pay2Win, so having ranks/roles on it would be very difficult unless there were extremely strict rules on the server along with even stricter staff to make sure everyone stays in line, but I like the idea of a DC Rust server.

swans-jailer

Drewbie

Staff member
Owner
Nov 30, 2015
Trying to make money of Rust servers is very difficult as it is easy to go from harmless purchases to Pay2Win, so having ranks/roles on it would be very difficult unless there were extremely strict rules on the server along with even stricter staff to make sure everyone stays in line, but I like the idea of a DC Rust server.
The goal here is to get the server to at least fund itself and I'm happy. I see some good suggestions here on how to avoid p2w and still generate money, but that also means we also have to get players on.

swans-jailer
Reactions: Jimmy