Clone custom job application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 30, 2020
In-game name:Grey
Type of suggestion(Donator Item): Custom Job for clones
Reason for suggestion: It makes sense considering Jedi have them and would be appealing to quite a few people I've spoken to I also find it a bit unfair that only jedi can have them and should be an alternative available to those who prefer Clone RP
Pros:
- Skins generally look nicer.
- Allows people to customise their load out (Even if its just one weapon)
- Can Identify themselves with regiments in job title
-Allows people to have more freedom and not feel restricted to a certain type of role play.
-Possible increase in donations to the server
-Could increase overall activity of server.
Cons:
-Takes space on server - Could be capped
- Some people might not like the idea and see it as pay to win - so weapon choices should be limited??
-Might make a regiments identity less important- unless jobs with certain equipment have to get their job title set to the same as the regiment it belongs to.
-Harder to manage who is active or not.

swans-jailer

Ferret

Staff member
Server Staff
SWRP Event Staff
Sep 26, 2018
Takes space on server - Could be capped
- Some people might not like the idea and see it as pay to win - so weapon choices should be limited??
-Might make a regiments identity less important- unless jobs with certain equipment have to get their job title set to the same as the regiment it belongs to.
These are the big no no’s for an idea like this. It is a bold suggestion but the cons outweigh the positives in my opinion.

swans-jailer

Marcus

Staff member
Server Staff
Sep 10, 2018
Gibraltar
Staffs aim right now is to lessen the amount of GB Space in the server. At a whopping 11.7GB its a lot. Also the fact that regiments will suffer from this aswell who are struggling. I like it but it can't happen.

swans-jailer
Jul 12, 2019
Scotland
My only question is how would it work, like say I just joined the server and saw I could have a custom clone and I buy it then I want to join 501st how would it work cause I would now need some sort of colouring to match 501st, I would then need to be added to 501st group then after 2 months I think "I wanna join CG", would they make a transfer request? If they get accepted they need added to the CG group then they need cuffs and stun added to loadout? These are just some issues I can see about this idea

swans-jailer

BootStrap Bill

Absolute Non Batty Boy
Staff member
Senior Staff
Server Staff
Premium
VIP
Sep 23, 2018
Birmingham UK
www.youtube.com
We have Custom Jobs For Jedi atm on the server, (But now @ Drews Community Store) So far no one wants them.

- Skins generally look nicer.
There would be a limit on what there skin would be so all may not be as seemed.

- Allows people to customise their load out (Even if its just one weapon)
We would most likely give them the same loadout as it would be for Jedi, this is to stop any "favouritsm" claims.

- Can Identify themselves with regiments in job title
Dont quite know how this would Identify someone easierly, more to the fact that it would make it annoying and make the buyer feel restricted as they could only have their name be certian things or just the same as if they didnt have the custom job.

-Allows people to have more freedom and not feel restricted to a certain type of role play.
I mean if a custom job is what makes you able to RP better then IMO you need to have a proper look at your ability to RP. This server also offers many different types of roleplay, you will soon realise the more you play on the server.

-Possible increase in donations to the server
I mean if people bought it maybe it would, but we have a custom Jedi job currently going out and no one has purchased that.

-Could increase overall activity of server.
Once again im confused how purchasing an item would make you want to play the server more, a bit confusing but i can eventually understand.

TLDR: Personally i see no reason for the Custom Jedi Job to be here, same goes for this. Its a good reccomendation but id reccomend getting to know the server and its RP limits aswell as current status.

-Bill

swans-jailer
Reactions: Tree

Henessy

Staff member
Server Manager
Senior Staff
Server Staff
SWRP Event Staff
Aug 23, 2018
Germany
If custom jobs were ever implemented they were only supposed to be for Jedi only and never for clones.
And so custom jobs for jedi were implemented.

The price of the Jedi Custom Job will be discussed internally as I agree it is way too much for not even including Jedi.

Thank you for your suggestion!

swans-jailer
Status
Not open for further replies.