Cipher

Staff member
Server Staff
Dec 16, 2018
General Info

In game name: 41st Commander Colin/Cipher, 1st LT Gregor

Discord name and number: Cipher#9239

Proffered name: Cipher

Age (Must be 16+, You may be asked to provide ID)

17, 18 soon

Time zone:

GMT

Activity:

How many regiments are you apart of:

41st and RC (2)

Which Character do you play most:

41st Commander

How long you play during the week per day:

1-4+ hrs a day

How long you play during the weekend per day:

4-8+hrs (on saturdays i work so I get home at around 17:15 pm but stay up quite late, normally one of the last few online)

Previous Punishments

We can check these things so do not lie.

Any previous punishments on the SWRP server:

3 warns and a kick for mic spam (there was another for mic spam but I was kicked by mistake) was temp demoted for going to the Jedi temple.

Any previous punishments on other DC servers:

No only ever been on drew’s SWRP

About you

What makes you stand out from other Applicants:

I am a good Dev who is willing to help out with job files, weapon stats etc. & want to become a part of server dev

Tell us about you:

I’m Miles Cook from Aberdeenshire Scotland I moved to Holland for 3 years, at the end of primary school, after that I moved back to Scotland (Perth and Kinross) to finish my school career I have been interested in coding for a long part of my life and am currently studying cyber security at college and have an apprenticeship happening over summer (aiming for my apprenticeship to become a full job in cyber sec). I have been on a couple of SWRP servers (getting 104th WP SSG on third-age-gaming) as well as being head dev/owner on 3 other servers (Freedom network, Warden gaming network, co-owner/head dev and Cerberus network where I was head dev) I closed Freedom and warden as I had differences with the co-owners, Cerberus got shut down because a majority of player base and I left (the owner was horrific to us).

Choose ONE personality trait that describes you the best:

Hardworking – I work as a Kitchen Porter where I’m constantly commentated for work ethic, I originally started my job to raise money for a 3 week trip to Madagascar where I helped build a school and paid for a hospital to be built, I then kept working there ever since.

Why should we choose you over other Applicants:

I used to stay up to 3-6am deving, making sure updates were ready to come out and fixing issues/ bugs, the servers I owned and deved for were based in American so I had to stay up late to run events and get feedback on my dev work. I also made sure my staff were competent and I have a fair experience as a staff member and a role-player.

Experience

Have you ever been staff on a SWRP server:

Yes, 3

If yes, what were your duties:

I had to be a game master as well as overall head of staff, this meant making sure events were ran properly (made sure my staff team was trained on how to properly set up NPCs without breaking immersion and the server) Create a good staff team as well as assign good higher ups (commanders and fleet).

Have you ever been staff on a GMOD server:

Yes, 3

Owner x2, head dev (when I was owner I was also head dev) I had to add perma props around the map, create job, weapon and basically all the lua files. I also made sure my staff were able to handle situations without abusing the player and giving them a harsh enough punishment.

Have you ever been staff on an Online Community:

Yes

Co-owner of a few discords as well as full owner, had to make/moderate the discords making roles channels etc. made sure to set up my staff team where rule breakers were dealt with altering severity from Temp/permanent demotions to warnings to kicks/bans

Scenarios

A player is requesting a staff member and you respond. They say a player has been ERPing through PMs and /me commands when close to them, how do you respond?

Check logs or ask for evidence from the player requesting staff help (a screenshot for example) and warn if there is evidence of ERP if it continues kick then ban if required

You are playing with your friends during an event. You catch your friend and a CT both breaking rules and minging, what do you do?

Warn them both, if it continues take them to a staff sit and then issue a more severe punishment

kick/ ban if it’s a serious offence (MRDM for example)

A 212th Airborne is coming in to the Main Hangar Bay from the Jedi Temple and there happens to be a decent number of players in the Main Hangar Bay. The 212th comes in for a landing but, the 212th lands on top of the players by complete accident, what action needs to be taken here?

Report to CO that they may need retrained/ mando on how to fly and land properly (make sure they request that the LZ was clear) and give a verbal warning, if it reoccurs it is most likely a MVRDM case (the pilot wasn’t doing it by accident) then issues a kick/ban

Declaration

Do you understand that your application may not be successful and that asking about your application may result in instant denial:

YES

**This is a legal requirement. Applying when not 16 years of age or above by means of deception is considered fraudulent and is punishable to the maximum extent possible under UK Law. Your account may be terminated from Drew's Community both in-game on all servers and on the forums.**

swans-jailer
Last edited:
Jul 31, 2018
+1 I like Colin a lot as a player for starters, also his previous experience sounds like it will make him a great addition to the staff team. Also he has been a part of the server for some time showing commitment and stickability which are all good things.

Good Luck Colin!

swans-jailer
Dec 7, 2018
England, East Anglia
+1 Very mature and the CO of the 41st which I am in. He knows how to deal with players and treat people with respect, even when in the wrong, to gain a bond with players which a lot of people find hard to do. Honestly I can’t say enough how much I think he would be a good asset to the staff team on SWRP.

swans-jailer
Jan 6, 2019
+1 Colin is in 41st, 41st fight with 212, 212 can fly, flying is fun, fun is good so Colin would make a great addition.
In all seriousness he seems like a nice guy and he is just EPIC so why not

swans-jailer
Reactions: Vapour

Green Bean

Staff member
Server Staff
VIP
Aug 13, 2018
USA
Already read most of it in Google Docs, but the formatting...

+/- Neutral: I am neutral on this application because it's well unreadable, but you are a good guy, a good CO, have good knowledge of development stuff and a really friendly guy.

swans-jailer
Reactions: Trapper

Cipher

Staff member
Server Staff
Dec 16, 2018
Already read most of it in Google Docs, but the formatting...

+/- Neutral: I am neutral on this application because it's well unreadable, but you are a good guy, a good CO, have good knowledge of development stuff and a really friendly guy.
I copied the format again and it gets reset each time so I'm sorry for the eyesore

swans-jailer

Green Bean

Staff member
Server Staff
VIP
Aug 13, 2018
USA
He often goes piece by piece analysing like Rasputin does
You asking for me to do one? Okay one spicy hot Mc Cipher Staff App coming right up.

General Info:

Wish you were on on Saturdays so that you could do the PvP sims.

Previous Punishments:

Yikes. A lot of warns for stuff. Big yikes

About you:

1.) Good that you are an experienced Dev. I don't know if we need one, but I'm sure it couldn't hurt.
2.) Way too much personal info bud. Like I said: it's good that you have so much experience.
3.) Wow... just wow. I'm actually amazed. I had no clue about any of this and that makes me really happy to know.
4.) You can join the American minge patrol squad if you are up late at night! Also, you are an amazing RPer.

Experience:

As mentioned before, good that you have so much experience as a SWRP player and as staff and developer. It also means you understand or have some idea of how long certain things take and won't constantly bug staff about the update *cough* and other small things.

Scenarios:

1.) Good that you say to use evidence and are willing to take action as this is a family server and there are quite a lot of very young players.
2.) Same answer as everyone else, but still a good answer. However, it's very good that you are willing to take severe punishment as it ruins events and takes staff's focus off of the event and puts it on something dumb.
3.) Good that you basically treat it as an in-game issue and don't overstep as staff. Good that you are willing to take action if necessary for what is clearly intentional MVRDM.

After reconsideration, this application gets a +1 from me.

swans-jailer
Status
Not open for further replies.