Maps/Events Change to Building Rules (Didnt know which prefix to use)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chesnowbon

Official Reseller
Jan 23, 2018
-My experience -
I haven't play this server in a while, I wanted to start again. I spent maybe 2 days mining and printing to get my lvl's back up. Then i spawned in some of my old bases and was told that they are completely illegal, Due to fences not being see through and my bases being quite dark (Fair enough). So i made a new base. I was informed about some insanely pedantic rules. Like i must have my keypads next to the door, not on the floor near the door, I cant use half tubes for tops of tunnels even though it is entirely aesthetic and doesn't effect angles or anything else in raids.
Admins also need to have consistent rulings, for example i had an admin saying, yes you can use a prop then a player cries and the admin pulls a complete 180 after an hour of building and says no i'm not allowed to use it.
I enjoy building but its pretty clear there is only one base design that works on this server. Small tight tunnels that require the raider to look away from the the defenders to keypad crack (This base is almost unraidable, which i will happy demonstrate to anyone, even with very weak gear).

- Proposal -

Take building rules back to before the wipe and add rules that even out fights a bit, like both players must be able to see each other on any shooting angel of a base. Players must be clearly visible when shooting. Any prop should be allowed to be used as long as it doesn't provide an unfair advantage. Etc.

------------------------------------------------

I might be in the complete minority here. I just believe that there is always a advantage for defenders and trying to limit it this much makes all bases repetitive. You can put a different material on the base and put it in a wacky place but they are almost all the same.

swans-jailer

Chesnowbon

Official Reseller
Jan 23, 2018
Perhaps you should read the rules. there are ruless in place to even out fights specifically. Also regarding phx tunnels, they glitch player movement so are now not allowed
Im not complaining that my base isnt allowed. Im trying to say that loads of rules make it difficult for new players to have any chance. I have alot of experience with gmod and this server. I have a base that is legal and can easily be protected. Newer player dont want to join a server and get hit with a warn or ban because they placed a keypad too far away from there door.

I just want to see the server with more than a max of 45 people on it. The server is already vastly different to other servers, which creates quite a big learning gap before someone decides they want to commit to a server. When you pile on excessive rules which for all intensive purpose just pro long fights (They donnt make fights even) it scares players away.

Also if the tunnel prop glitches players movement then it should be blacklisted. It is very confusing to why props would be allowed to be spawned but not to be used.

swans-jailer

Xirii

Supreme Meme
DPRK
Nov 30, 2015
Hull, GB
Like i must have my keypads next to the door
This rule has existed on DC since the dawn of time.

I cant use half tubes for tops of tunnels
PHX Tunnel props were banned pre-wipe, and when you were still playing.

Small tight tunnels that require the raider to look away from the the defenders
Actually, you can't use those designs at all. If you have actually read the base rules you'll find that you need to make them as easy to raid as they are to defend. If your base is "unraidable" it isn't allowed, and will be removed.

The base rules are here to make construction fair. This isn't a competition to build an unraidable base. Bases should be designed to be raided. If we wanted people to have unraidable bases we wouldn't even bother having rules and just let people prop block.

They are pedantic, because players, especially players like you - will find any possible way to make an "unraidable" base, so they can just sit there and print, literally doing fuck all else. Frankly, we need less players like that - and since the introduction of the new base rules there are more people roaming about the map than ever.

swans-jailer
Status
Not open for further replies.