Votes: 33 80.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 19.5%

• Total voters

Drewbie

Staff member
Owner
Nov 30, 2015
The title says it all. I suggest we change the server to a CGI themed starwarsrp server. Why? well ever since summer StarWarsRP has declined and yes while its normal servers go through phases we can always do something about it. Lets take a look at battlefront 2 models first and I will explain why these are bad and will not help us turn the decline around.

Battlefront 2
The main problem with these models are the size and how resourceful they are. Let me show you what I mean:

So on the left here you can see "battlefront 2" models and on the right you can see CGI. These are both 212th. Those things you see there are what you have to render and how heavy they are on your performance. The more players obviously increases the lag and fps loss, but you can take steps to make it a lot better. These are btw polymeshes. However I must say that battlefront 2 models are great and are very detailed, but it comes at a very expensive price. Take another closer look at model:

So the alternative to change to is CGI:

CGI models:
A big draw back to use CGI is something some people don't like, but lets keep in mind "almost every big server" uses this and most of the gmod player base are use to CGI and enjoy it. Technically CGI is the way to go their models are extremely lightweight compared to battlefront 2, both on your FPS as shown in the examples shown above and when it comes to downloading them. Also there are MANY CGI models on workshop and its constantly being developed, many people have suggested some CGI models before and been turned down because we are not A CGI server. Changing our server to CGI would be a good change and allow us to also use a lot of different models and it would good with a change.

Take a look at 212th CGI: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=974268425&searchtext=212th+CGI

Our old models
Some people might ask why not go back to the old models we had. Well those models I have not seen on the workshop in a while and I think people are no longer developing them, and changing back to them would been seen as a step backwards while CGI would be a step forward. And CGI would appeal to many new players, but we are a community and I would like to ask you if this is something you would like to see happened.

Also check out the size difference on BF 2 packs and CGI packs:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1133033994&searchtext=41st+bf2 71 MB
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1158612866&searchtext=41st+CGI 9 MB

Remember to vote and comment.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2018
I mean im not gonna be playing CGI models may help... But these votes can be rigged with VPNs so if someone doesnt want this its going to be unfair if they know how to use a VPN. Just my thoughts i think CGI models may help increase player counts but like i said rigged easy.

Oct 27, 2018
CGI seems like a good idea and those 212th models means we could a lore character or 2 in. (Dibs on waxer if we get him)

Vapour

Staff member
Server Staff
SWRP Event Staff
VIP
DPRK
Jul 5, 2018
I beleive this would be a fantastic change for the server.
This is for a variety of reasons.
•Increased FPS- Allows Players in lower end PC’s to enjoy the server a lot more
•Larger Vareity- I have seen loads of unique models for many different regiments on the workshop.
•Jedi Models- The change wouldn’t affect Jedi- since there is a load of models for Jedi including both Generals (Think Yoda Mace Etc) and Normal Knights Etc.
•Accuracy- The models look exactly like they did in the CW show.
I would love to see this happen.

ZenBooty

Staff member
Senior Staff
Server Staff
Jul 12, 2018
Edinburgh
+1
Pros:
  • Would make the downloads shorter.
  • Could bring more players since the models are smaller.
  • Could bring more regiments to the server, since more models
  • Jedi could have more Jedi Generals since most of them are torn from some other games.. and most CW Games are CGI
Cons:
  • CGI, PUKE.
I mean im not gonna be playing CGI models may help... But these votes can be rigged with VPNs so if someone doesnt want this its going to be unfair if they know how to use a VPN. Just my thoughts i think CGI models may help increase player counts but like i said rigged easy.
You need a account to vote :/

Aug 13, 2018
USA
As an American, I got curious and joined an American server last night. Besides the point, but anyways they were running CGI and I had no problems loading in and no problems with FPS. It was incredibly fast, and more nostalgic and reminded me a lot of the Clone Wars series. I think it would be a great way to draw in younger players as well.

Vapour

Staff member
Server Staff
SWRP Event Staff
VIP
DPRK
Jul 5, 2018
What else could this bring to the server?
After a little moment of research...
Events!
Look at this pack.
It includes a huge variety of Droid CIS Models allowing the staff team to create a new fantasy of events...
And not only does it include models, but Friendly and Hostile NPC's too.
It contains (In case you can't be bothered to look)
- Tactical Droids
- Commando Droids
- Battle Droid Commander
- Battle Droid Geo
- Battle Droid Training

- Battle Droid Infantry
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=721821542

Sep 2, 2018
Zen darling

Oh it still wouldnt surprise me the effort people might go through to say bye to the idea of something new

Vapour

Staff member
Server Staff
SWRP Event Staff
VIP
DPRK
Jul 5, 2018
I did my research. I like my research.
I compiled some pictures of P2 Models from Gonzo, a Model maker we use on the server frequently.
Take a look at these EOD, 501st, 212th, and CG Models.
I don't have the text addon installed.. but
Row 1= Far left
Row 6= Far Right
Row 1= Trooper
Row 2= Medic
Row 3= SGT
Row 4= LT
Row 5= EXO
Row 6= Commander
Let's take a look
20181126000022_1.jpg
As displayed. The CG Models IMO are a little...unusual. And the following Models are missing:
CG EXO
EOD Medic
501st Commander and EXO (This one definitely wont be hard to find.)
Sub Regiments for each reg.
I do query, whether these would still exsist.
(Other Regiments do exist this was just an example)

[ISS] The 'Lone Ranger

Staff member
Senior Staff
Server Staff
VIP
DPRK
Apr 27, 2017
OSRS, Tutorial Island
For the first time I have to give it to you Drewbie, this will probably save the loading time on SWRP.

Glad you took the time and effort to look into one of the biggest problems, yet some of those other problems have to be dealt with sooner or later.

But yeah, you did something good there.