Arma3 Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 8, 2019
IDK if this belongs here I didn't find anywhere else to post it, but its star wars related
In-game name: CG PFC 7274 Qusai
Type of suggestion(addon, bug, model, script): Other

I know CCRP and SWRP are not in their best State rn and there is no time to make a new server but this is a suggestion.

Do an Arma 3 SWRP server ( Yes there is SWRP in Arma 3 )

Pros: Completely different gameplay mechanics, The weapons are a more "Realistic" Movie wise , Kinda MILSIM

Cons: Very different from gmod RP and harder, Staff and drews development team won't know anything about the game mode or Arma3

Link to suggestion if it has one:
(A training video from an SWRP server on arma3)

swans-jailer
Reactions: DeathShadow
Aug 19, 2018
Berlin Germany
First let's start with how many people have arma 3? Because I for example don't.
It doesn't or does matter if you have it I.e. I don't have minecraft but maybe we can get new players through arma and get them from arma to gmod
I have thought about it, major issue is most of us have no clue on how to run an arma server and we barely have the manpower to learn how.

We shall see though. Personally I wouldn't mind
I can take a look into it if you want

swans-jailer
Reactions: Vapour
Jul 4, 2018
Do an Arma 3 SWRP server ( Yes there is SWRP in Arma 3 )

Pros: Completely different gameplay mechanics, The weapons are a more "Realistic" Movie wise , Kinda MILSIM

Cons: Very different from gmod RP and harder, Staff and drews development team won't know anything about the game mode or Arma3

Link to suggestion if it has one:
(A training video from an SWRP server on arma3)
Well then Arma 3 would need to be taken a whole different stance if Highers up's was thinking of a ARMA 3 server would you have it a ArmaRP style if so it kinda takes away from the raw power and ability of Zeus missions. Arma it's self is easily better then GMOD that's just straight fact there is a lot of work that needs to go into a ARMA server pre launch such as Teamspeak Speak and Hosting the servers things like Mods (I know they are easy to find) things like how to download are you going to use the Steamwork shop or other ways such as Arma sync or Swifty. that's just the RP side of things.

The RP side of ARMA is a bit dead and no one can really RP within RP you will get a few good moments other then that its at most times just RDM in some cases.

Where as if you wanted to take it in a more Milsim styled approach then there are differnet options out there that just need keep to sit down and think of Milsim styled would mean it being more organised its own rule set and system, how to promote the groups again there are a few ways if not more that I know of already. You will need mission devs that will send mission files to be but on the server they will need to be tested well in advanced to make sure that all elements are working. (You give the Zeus the ability to show there work ) Arma allows you to do fun ops movie battles, there are ways to create your own story and have troopers actions directly effect the outcome of the campaign. You will need people recruiting, also you would need to take into account the costs of starting and running that stuff up. @DeathShadow i'm happy to share and talk about things future if this is what you want to take a serious look towards.

The work required to run a Milsim or RP server is a lot but very rewarding and lots of fun when done right.

swans-jailer
Aug 19, 2018
Berlin Germany
ArmA has better mechanics yes but its a big pain in the ass to get trained and most people on ArmA looking for SWRP will go to the ones that require age and that are very fucking serious along with arma's size and requiring £104 of DLC or with the £2.20 taken off of tanks it is £106 of DLC to get good mods alone sadly -1
104£ for dlc? And taken of 2£ 106£ ???
104-2=106 what kind of math system does GB have no wonder you guys leave the EU with this education

swans-jailer
Nov 22, 2018
the Netherlands
Ive been community manager on a Arma 3 Life server. Currently starting a RP SW server would be extremly hard, something that could be tried is a SW Milsim but this will cost much effort. Also, Arma 3 server rent is extremly costly because you can’t just ‘host’ a server, if you want to do it well you will need a VPS, TADST and knowledge about mods and Bikeys( these things protect your server that only people can come on it with the mods you want people to have). Because your server is loaded with a shitton of mods you’ll need a good VPS + the fact that 20+ would be online would just scream for a really expensive VPS. Then you will need to host regular missions and need to have knowledge on how to build them ingame. Everything counted up, i think this community is not fit for a Arma 3 Server.

swans-jailer

EliteProcesing

Staff member
Server Staff
Jun 15, 2019
Positive: It'd be nice expanding the community off to different games. It gives a more diverse player base and can appeal to more people who want to play different games.

Negative 1: At the moment there is already work on a minecraft server which would just put more pressure on making an Arma 3 server. The minecraft server hasn't been set-up yet let alone shown to have any positives of it. Maybe when it is set-up and fully function we can think about going into another game.

Negative 2: Games like this requires a lot of knowledge of the game and how to run the server. From replies it is quite clear not a lot of the staff team know how to run an arma 3 server and it would probably cause a faliure on that behalf.

Negative 3: The current CCRP and SWRP still need some work on and that is the reason the minecraft server isn't up. The staff need to work on the current problems atm before

But: It would be nice to see a variety of servers on different games so I wouldn't say this is a negative suggestion overall. At the current state of DC atm I don't feel making an Arma server is a top priority or something that needs to happen currently. Maybe some time in the future so keep this suggestion alive.

swans-jailer
Status
Not open for further replies.