Addressing what I think

Drewbie

Staff member
Owner
Nov 30, 2015
Hey everyone! its been a few months now without any DC servers running. And people probably have mixed feelings about that. I just wanted to make something clear so everyone is on the same page.

SWRP did get shutdown, however I never did say CCRP would get shutdown. CCRP had to go "offline" with SWRP because we had to give up the machine both servers were running at. My original plan was to keep CCRP running regardless, but when I saw the lack of players I didn't reorder a new server for it.

I thought I would let it be offline for a while and see what people thought. And I've seen people come and go in the discord asking about it. I don't really have a current plan for CCRP. A part of me really wants to bring it online just to have something to do. I love gmod and I'm not sure I will give it up.

The files and data is still intact, however the server would need a lot of updating since I saw I had "52" unread notfiications on gmodstore, that's quite a lot of updates to certain scripts. If CCRP would to come back it would only be one CCRP sever.

Let me know your thoughts down below if you still care.

Have a good summer

swans-jailer
Sep 10, 2018
Gibraltar
Would be nice to see CCRP or at least DC to comeback somewhat alive for old times sake for many people.

For those interested in SWRP, DC merged with Aurora servers around early May and quite a lot of people have switched over to this server. It's very enjoyable, a lot of original custom stuff and a friendly player base for all.

swans-jailer
May 15, 2018
I think in my honest opinion that branching out to a few other games like unturned as well would do the community well. Perhaps reverting it to the time where everything in crewconflict was OP and mining was the meta. The wipe and the changes that occurred when it had wiped was truly the thing that killed the player base.

swans-jailer

Drewbie

Staff member
Owner
Nov 30, 2015
The only problem I have is that the only available server is in the US. But we can move as soon as a EU opens. Just depends if people are fine with a bit of high ping to start with.

swans-jailer