• Yes sounds like a wonderful idea

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • No Jim your suggestions are garbage get out

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 14, 2019
It’s no secret that 501st is lacking numbers at the moment. In my eyes, the reason is that 501st has nothing special in their regiment. Everything we have another regiment has (aside from torrent but torrent is purely cosmetic and doesn't really make a difference in how you play).

My suggestion would be adding Doom squad since they have been known to stick along with 501st in lore.

How it would work?
Essentially what it would be is just a sub reg like shadows stalker sub reg. So we would have six models.
Doom himself,MJR,CPT,LT,SGT and the medic. The sub reg would act like any other normal sub reg and they would be helping 501st in the frontlines with shields. Cause that's one of the things that doom had in lore and it could help a lot when there aren't any CGs in the front. One more thing to really make Doom be the support of the frontline, i would like to remove medic from 501st and instead put it in Doom.

How do you join it?
If this were to get added i would do a tryout for whoever that wants to join the reg. You would be able to join it at the rank of SGT. This would be instead of being a Heavy or Jet trooper.

How is this different from torrent?
Well there are a few things. Torrent are now purely cosmetic and doesn't make a difference when it comes to actual combat and gameplay, this change was enforced by King (previous 501st CO). I dislike the change and would like Doom squad to be there instead of torrent, since they offer a different type of gameplay in that they would be protecting in the frontlines. (Shields and offering firing support whilst they help push and healing). And they will actually have a leader that gives them commands and tells them what to do. Also how doom squad looks will be a lot easier since torrent had a bunch of issues with finding the right models, what they would be using etc etc. Hence i feel doom squad would be the superior choice to torrent.

Name change?
The name would change almost completely since 501st already has a really long name. Here is how it would look like for a standard Doom member and then Doom himself.
Doom Unit SGT 1213 Jim
Doom Unit Leader 1213 Doom (or your name you choose that one)

What happens to Commander Doom?
This is the part that has made me think about wanting to put this up or not. I don’t really know how to work around it since Doom is the face of Doom Squad you can’t remove him from the squad. However i thought of one thing, if i simply call him Doom Squad Leader i won’t be misrepresenting him i’ll just not call him a commander. And his official rank when asked would be a EXO. If anyone has a idea for how to solve this i would gladly listen to it, as this has been the biggest issue in my eyes.

Loadouts:

SGT
: DC-15A,DC-17,Grappling hook,Clone card level 2,doom_shield

LT: E11D,DC-17,Grappling hook,Thermal detonator,Clone card level 2,doom_shield

CPT: E11D,DC-17,Grappling hook,Thermal detonator,Clone card level 2,doom_shield
(Can spawn AT-RT)

MJR: E11D,DC-17,Grappling hook,Thermal detonator,Clone card level 3,doom_shield
(Can spawn AT-RT)

Leader: E11D,Dual DC-17’s,DH-17,Grappling hook,Thermal detonator,Clone card level 4,doom_shield
(Can spawn AT-RT)

Medic: DC-15A,DC-17,Grappling hook,Clone card level 2,Bacta injector,bacta grenade,doom_shield
(Can spawn speeders)

Models:
Leader: models/doom/ln/doom/doom.mdl
Officer: models/doom/ln/xo/xo.mdl
LT: models/doom/ln/preliminary/preliminary.mdl
SGT: models/doom/ln/assault/assault.mdl
Trooper: models/doom/ln/trooper/trooper.mdl
Medic: models/doom/ln/medic/medic.mdl

Entity:
Shield: doom_shield

Workshops:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1808133880
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1687809853
(A bonus is that both the workshops are very small and doesn't add too much to the already huge workshop collection)

c1c5ccce2d6c859dce55c00eb09360d2.jpg
20200106173248_1.jpg
20200107162720_1.jpg

swans-jailer
Jan 19, 2019
So 501st currently have Torrent, Jet trooper, heavy, ARC, medic and engineer and now you want DOOM in exchange for Torrent. I see no reason why you need more, you have the resources you just need to apply them properly in the way you want.
Torrent is now purely cosmetic and doesn't make a difference when it comes to actual combat and gameplay, this change was enforced by King (previous 501st CO). I dislike the change and would like Doom squad to be there instead of torrent, since they offer a different type of gameplay in that they would be protecting in the frontlines

swans-jailer
Reactions: Scorpio and Inza
Dec 14, 2019
So 501st currently have Torrent, Jet trooper, heavy, ARC, medic and engineer and now you want DOOM in exchange for Torrent. I see no reason why you need more, you have the resources you just need to apply them properly in the way you want.
We dont have engineers.
Torrent is hounestly useless, i see no reason in having it since its legit just cosmetic not offering a change in how to play the game. And how do i apply them more properly then? Ill gladly take ideas but i just need help in understanding why.
Heavy ye sure we have them but so does Juggernaut,RC and im pretty sure there is another reg that has them but i might be wrong.
Yes you are right jet trooper is special and very nice i agree. But i dont think im gonna get alot of people into my reg just by Jet trooper since its cool and all but pay a fiver and you get the same thing in RC and alot alot more. Whilst most other regs have something special with them that gives a variation to gameplay. Like 104th has engineers and wolfpack (that actually has a EXO and varies) and 212th has fucking everything lets not lie.
But i do see your point in saying that 501st has alot.

swans-jailer
May 25, 2019
You should be suggesting doom to replace 41st instead of replacing torrent if this update was 41st being changed to doom it would be good

swans-jailer
Last edited:
Dec 14, 2019
You should be suggesting doom to replace 41st instead of replacing torrent if this update was 41st being changed to doom it would be good
If your saying that 41st should change to Doom unit that doesnt really make any sense.
Since 41st is a reg with snipers that fight from a far distance whilst Doom unit usually (from what i have gathered) fought in the frontlines using their sheilds and miniguns. So is 41st then supposed to change the entire reg and not use snipers but instead shields and miniguns?
And i dont really understand all i could gather from that sentence was that you said 41st should be changed to doom.

swans-jailer
Sep 10, 2018
Doom has shields and miniguns witch was there main weapon/equipment with the pistol (forgot name) on the side
Doom was a regiment that was seen fighting along side 501st in a few missions the main being in clone wars episode
Having this as a 501st sub reg may not be good becuase of the different armour, atleast with torrent u can see they are apart of the 501st

swans-jailer
Dec 14, 2019
Doom has shields and miniguns witch was there main weapon/equipment with the pistol (forgot name) on the side
Doom was a regiment that was seen fighting along side 501st in a few missions the main being in clone wars episode
Having this as a 501st sub reg may not be good becuase of the different armour, atleast with torrent u can see they are apart of the 501st
I understand what you mean and i agree. It was another thing i thought about and thought was fairly annoying.
But since i think it would give more of a positive thing instead of a negative thing i feel like it would be something to be able to get over.
I dont feel like there is a chance to confuse Doom with 41st since the pattern is completly diffrent and Doom squad also has alot of white showing which im pretty sure no 41st do except for the ARC trooper and the helmets on the CO/EXO.
I do agree its annoying but i feel like it would be more beneficial

swans-jailer
Dec 14, 2019
My recommendation would be to shove what you had in mind for DOOM into Torrent.
So add shields to torrent? Dont think that is gonna work, the thing is that with torrent i cant really do alot. The only thing i can do is make them into a elite squad again and take back what we did before with Torrent that King undid. If that is what you mean i understand what how you feel i just want to test something. But if this doesnt go through ill see what i can do about reinstating torrent

swans-jailer
Dec 14, 2019
what would you do with sheilds, you're an offensive unit, you have enough.
You say that yet you use shields alot in CG in the frontlines.
Also shields basically do the exact same thing the jedi do just that they can help 501st in the frontlines when jedi arent there and even when jedi are there.
Thats why it would help alot.

swans-jailer
Dec 14, 2019
Nor u have enough people to také care of IT
No offense meant in this sentence at all. Did you read the beginning?
The point of this sub reg would to be to get people to actually join the reg. Since in my eyes most people join other regs cause they usually have something. 501st is just way to basic in my eyes.

swans-jailer
Jan 15, 2019
I see where your coming from but doom is classed as a Reg and you all ready have 2 sub regs adding doom will be a third which then is unfair to other regiments who only have 2 plus there is only one problem with 501st inactive members if you change how you deal with inactive members then you problem will be fixed

swans-jailer
Sep 26, 2018
Jim has a point, 501st is kinda the "Vanilla regiment" there isn't anything which differentiates between it and the other reg's, I think doom is a bit overkill however. I feel like there's enough lore and steam assets to make doom it's own regiment, rather than a part of 501st.

swans-jailer
Dec 14, 2019
Jim has a point, 501st is kinda the "Vanilla regiment" there isn't anything which differentiates between it and the other reg's, I think doom is a bit overkill however. I feel like there's enough lore and steam assets to make doom it's own regiment, rather than a part of 501st.
I can agree with this. Doom will not be happening and someone will be moving this to declined. But i am going to continue searching for something else to make 501st special. Thank you all for your opinons. They will be remembered and used well. (I hope)

swans-jailer
Dec 14, 2019
I see where your coming from but doom is classed as a Reg and you all ready have 2 sub regs adding doom will be a third which then is unfair to other regiments who only have 2 plus there is only one problem with 501st inactive members if you change how you deal with inactive members then you problem will be fixed
First of all. Jet and heavy isnt sub regs and torrent is now still a sub reg but just purley cosmetic. The reason i would do this is i would make sure to remove torrent. And keep the doom instead. But i understand where you come from and will be taking this in.

swans-jailer
Aug 25, 2018
No offense meant in this sentence at all. Did you read the beginning?
The point of this sub reg would to be to get people to actually join the reg. Since in my eyes most people join other regs cause they usually have something. 501st is just way to basic in my eyes.
The server Doesent have nuff people for this shit in general

swans-jailer
Reactions: Scorpio
Dec 14, 2019
so you're basically taking away from cg core's job then
I have asked your CO to ask your regiment if that is fine. He said you guys said its fine, ofcourse i make sure you guys feel like its okay before actually doing something like this. Having that verified i believed that wouldn't be a problem and uploaded the suggestion. If you didn't know don't blame it on me i asked your Commander to ask you guys if it was fine.

swans-jailer
Status
Not open for further replies.