• Total voters

BootStrap Bill

Absolute Non Batty Boy
Premium
VIP
Sep 23, 2018
Northampton UK
www.youtube.com
Yeah lets be honest, servers dead. Many people have tried to revive it, tbh as soon as the large bunch (hades, bear, me, henessy) all left it was already heading down a doom path. Id agree with the majority here and say close it save the money for drew. All the decent people should come on one last time tho to fuck about.

As once an icon on the sever I can say it’s dying
SYM

swans-jailer
Reactions: Tree
Sep 2, 2018
No don't close it I met my best friend @Tk9451 on there an I still talk an play with him everyday, if you closed it I think we would lose that connection.

I miss being able to vibe with price an the gang of boys, I wish Dean wouldn't have died but he'll be missed he was taken far to young.

Shutting the server will hurt me deeply an will sadden more than a few gamers, please reconsider it I'll be the manager if needed.

Seriously though its a seasonal server it'll peak again soon, just add face masks onto the player models it'll make people play as its #Reeelaaateableeee. Think before you act an always remember one day it could become #1 again.

Don't forget though guys being yourself is cool an sometimes it times to let things go.

@Hades You've done the right thing by choosing to bring this to the people alway knew you'd turn out a great man, so proud of you for becoming a better person.

swans-jailer

Utopia

Utopia
Staff member
Server Staff
Senior Staff
SWRP Event Staff
Jan 6, 2019
No don't close it I met my best friend @Tk9451 on there an I still talk an play with him everyday, if you closed it I think we would lose that connection.

I miss being able to vibe with price an the gang of boys, I wish Dean wouldn't have died but he'll be missed he was taken far to young.

Shutting the server will hurt me deeply an will sadden more than a few gamers, please reconsider it I'll be the manager if needed.

Seriously though its a seasonal server it'll peak again soon, just add face masks onto the player models it'll make people play as its #Reeelaaateableeee. Think before you act an always remember one day it could become #1 again.

Don't forget though guys being yourself is cool an sometimes it times to let things go.

@Hades You've done the right thing by choosing to bring this to the people alway knew you'd turn out a great man, so proud of you for becoming a better person.
Discord I think will stay open. It’d be a huge shame if that was closed with the Gmod server

swans-jailer
Jun 9, 2018
Netherlands
steamcommunity.com
I've played on the server on and off since the beginning and I've had a blast. I'm saddened to see it go but I do think that sending it off with everyone together is a better alternative to letting it die slowly. I'm glad server management is involving the community in this big decision.

Thank you to everyone who made the server a joy to play on!

swans-jailer

Drewbie

Staff member
Owner
Nov 30, 2015
I only kept it alive because it was players still on it, dead or not it had players. And I wanted to honor that for as long as I could. It has costed a lot of money, but if people want to move on I won't hold them back.

I get there's a lot of old players here that has moved on, but there's always some that has not moved on. But we will see.

swans-jailer

Scorpio

VIP
Oct 14, 2018
Bristol
drewscommunity.com
I said this should happen but I got shit on for some reason. The games dead, I went on the other day at peak time and around 7 people were on. I loved every position I was in from GM, 501st, MCO and fleet etc. We had a stable player base averaging 50+ a day. I think all server managers did a great job. I spent a lot of time running regiments making spreadsheets etc, but in the long run it played out well and I thoroughly enjoyed. I think its time to go and close the server. The only chance of the server becoming popular is if the game is made free. Drew mate you done so much for the community in SWRP and CCRP etc but if its not creating any money then you should close it. All good things must come to an end. Keep the discord and forums running at least so past players can still chat to each other and that.

swans-jailer

DeathShadow

Community Manager
Premium
VIP
Mar 2, 2017
Germany or Portugal
drewscommunity.com
Hi there,

First of all thanks Hades for making this thread and announcing it on Discord, even though the date itself wasn't the best.

Anyhow, my view on this. I've been here from the beginning, ever since Bilbo and I played SWRP on a different server, loved it and pitched the idea to create our own to Drew. It took a while to convince him, but eventually he made the server.
So I saw the rise of it, from the different management teams, Dom, Smashy, Bilbo, Hades, Sleep, Kai, etc.
I love the server, still do, even if I don't play anymore.
However, due to the current situation I believe it's time to shut it down. There's a lack of new players, there are a lot of people complaining, lack of interest in playing GMOD at all.
We should focus on newer games and other communities, the same way we should keep the Discord rolling around for people to chat in.

I won't go into too much detail or write a big paragraph on why we should close the server, as it is quite obvious.

Drew I don't want you to lose money, I know for a fact you care about us the players a lot and you've shown it, but please don't let the servers become an economical burden towards you.

swans-jailer
Reactions: Utopia and Scorpio
Dec 7, 2018
Stockholm, Sweden
While I have not been a proper part of the DC Community for a while I still look at the discord and forums now and then. Pop in to say hi etc, and I think that the SWRP has been slowly dying. And this is nothing new, it startad a long time ago. It started way back in around 2019. We would see the playerbase fluctuate which it should but even then the peak playerbase we had would slowly start to decrease. We did a lot to still get people interested. BF2, CGI, New regiments, New Jobs, WiltOS updates etc.. And it was nothing but a temporary increase. The hype dies and so does the playerbase, and while that is how it usually goes for most servers the same old partytrick will eventually stop working.
I think that is the case here. DC had been substaining on the fact that it's players keep playing since new players are hard to come by. Before 1-4 people leaving didn't do much since we would get new people to replace them but now it seems like more people leave then new people joining and it all leads to the death of DC SWRP.

I'm not saying close it or keep it open since as I stated, I am no longer a person who really plays on DC but I also believe that decition should be for Drew. If he wishes to attempt any few remaining trump cards now would be the time.

swans-jailer
Last edited:
Reactions: Utopia
Apr 24, 2020
:( I remember when this server was about to hit 100 players and everyone was hyped about server cap, really great server with lots of amazing things that happened. However DC is server that can really stem and grow up on a newer community then sticking to old guns. I think it'd be great to leave behind SWRP as a legacy and see where future goes from there.

swans-jailer

Lewii

Bills Second Non Batty Boy
May 4, 2020
I agree that the server is past its time by a mile and at this point its just dead so I think we should close it and that to be that, it was definitely a good time while it lasted but its without a doubt at an end now so just save money and close it.

swans-jailer
Sep 10, 2018
Gibraltar
The server should've closed when the wave of nearly all the major players left just after summer.

Gonna miss the playerbase back a lot. Brought many good memories for when I used to play Gmod but all things can't last. Although I've been on and off within the server since August 2018 I can't deny the fact that I've had a good time.

Thank you to everyone to who has made this server something different from others. Especially the times in the first lockdown I think it helped many people past through that first time where no one could do anything but play GMOD to pass the time, but it was also the death of the server since people played the shit out of it and got burnt out.

swans-jailer
Dec 14, 2019
Telford
Was fun playing while it was here and was a great learning experience as the first server I played on and I probs would have quit Gmod a week after if it were not for the dedicated community when I first joined.

swans-jailer

Del Boy

Server Manager
Premium
VIP
Respected
Jun 23, 2017
United Kingdom
It's a shame too see not only ccrp die but swrp too! I know we all will treasure every moment that was had during the time it stood, but we must consider that it's just gonna be a burden to drew if nothing becomes of it anymore, I know first hand how hard he has fought to keep these servers alive and it's a shame to see swrp go down the same fate. I for one hope we can make Rust work and any other future ventures drew may have in store :D

swans-jailer